Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Epic CEO on
Sep 23, 2021 1:14 AM CDT
Epic CEO on Fortnite Drama: 'Apple Lied'
Tim Sweeney says Apple told Epic the game would be 'blacklisted' until case is resolved
- Tim Sweeney, CEO of Fortnite maker Epic Games Inc., said Wednesday it’s been told by Apple that the game will be “blacklisted from the Apple ecosystem” until the companies’ legal case is resolved and all appeals are exhausted, which could take as long as five years, the AP...
App Store Trial Could
Reshape Mobile Market
May 3, 2021 6:25 PM CDT
App Store Trial Could Reshape Mobile Market
Apple v. Epic Games had a chaotic start Monday
- A court battle that could reshape the market for apps on mobile devices got underway Monday—and the Epic Games v. Apple trial had a chaotic start. The dispute began when Apple kicked Epic's "Fortnite" game off the App Store . A court conference call allowed callers to listen...
Apple Hits Back at Epic Games
in Fortnite War
Sep 9, 2020 4:34 AM CDT
Apple Hits Back at Epic Games in Fortnite War
Apple wants damages for breach of contract
- Apple on Tuesday made its latest move in the company's epic battle with Epic Games. After Epic introduced a direct-payment plan bypassing Apple and Google platforms (which take a significant cut of the proceeds from in-game purchases), both tech giants responded by removing Epic's wildly popular Fortnite from...
Epic Games Says Apple
Has 'Retaliated Ferociously'
Aug 17, 2020 7:10 PM CDT
Epic Games Says Apple Has 'Retaliated Ferociously'
Company says it is in danger of being 'crushed' in feud over 'Fortnite'
- Epic Games says Apple has "retaliated furiously" for its lawsuit in a dispute over
. Epic says Apple has told it that by August 28, it "will cut off Epic's access to all development tools necessary to create software for Apple’s platforms," including the Unreal...
Battle Royale Looms After
Apple, Google Drop Fortnite
Aug 14, 2020 8:04 AM CDT
Battle Royale Looms After Apple, Google Drop Fortnite
Epic Games slaps both firms with lawsuits
- Apple and Google dropped "Fortnite" from their app stores Thursday over a dispute about in-game currency, and it soon became apparent that the makers of the hit game had been gearing up for a legal battle. Within hours of the move, Epic Games filed 60-page lawsuits against both companies,...
Apple Drops 'Fortnite'
From App Store
Aug 13, 2020 4:50 PM CDT
Apple Drops 'Fortnite' From App Store
Behemoths are in a fight over how customers pay for perks
- Apple has dropped the hugely popular “Fortnite" game from its App Store after the game's developer introduced a direct payment plan that bypasses Apple's platform, per the AP . Apple takes a 30% cut from in-app revenue purchases, which has long been a sore spot with developers. “...
One of the Biggest Video
Games Ditched Police Cars
Jun 22, 2020 10:45 AM CDT
One of the Biggest Video Games Ditched Police Cars
They're gone from 'Fortnite'
is out with a new game map for players, and one thing is conspicuously missing: police cars. They were visible in previous versions, but no more, reports Kotaku . Players have noticed and were flooding online forums with messages of support and criticism, with most assuming the move is related...
Lawsuit: Fortnite Designed
to Be as Addictive as Cocaine
Oct 8, 2019 12:11 PM CDT
Lawsuit: Fortnite Designed to Be as Addictive as Cocaine
Could become class-action suit in Canada
- The maker of the wildly popular video game Fortnite is facing a new lawsuit that has nothing to do with dance moves . Addiction to the third-person shooter game "has real consequences on the lives of players, many of whom … do not eat, do not shower, and no longer...
US Teen Wins $3M
at Fortnite World Cup
Jul 29, 2019 1:26 AM CDT
US Teen Wins $3M at Fortnite World Cup
'This is life-changing for him,' says mom of Kyle Giersdorf
- Pennsylvania 16-year-old Kyle Giersdorf plays 8 to 10 hours of Fortnite a day, but his parents aren't complaining: Giersdorf, better known as "Bugha," won a record-breaking $3 million Sunday at the inaugural Fortnite World Cup at Arthur Ashe Stadium in New York,
reports. The contest...
These Kids Make Big
Bucks Gaming. Now
They're Going for Millions
Jul 26, 2019 11:15 AM CDT
These Kids Make Big Bucks Gaming. Now They're Going for Millions
It's the Fortnite World Cup video game championship, with $30M in total up for grabs
- If you're a parent who's been plagued with remorse about letting your child zone out in front of the video-game console, perhaps this competition out of New York City will ease your mind. The Fortnite World Cup, held by developer Epic Games, is taking place this weekend at...
Someone Wants to Host
100-Person Fight to the Death
Apr 15, 2019 1:34 PM CDT
Someone Wants to Host 100-Person Fight to the Death
Except no one would actually die during the 3-day battle on a private island
- It'll be a fight to the death on a private island—just without anyone actually dying. A listing on luxe shopping site Hush Hush spotted by IGN has generated some media attention due to its unusual nature. It seeks a "talented game maker" to design the arena for...
Apr 4, 2019 5:05 PM CDT
Prince Harry: Ban Fortnite
Duke of Sussex speaks out on addictive video games, social media
- Fortnite has many fans, but Prince Harry is not one of them. During a recent visit to a YMCA in West London, the Duke of Sussex lashed out at the "addictive" video game, the
reports. "The game shouldn't be allowed," he said, per
the Shock of a Lifetime
Jan 13, 2019 4:00 PM CST
Streamer Gets the Shock of a Lifetime
For ExoticChaotic, it really comes in handy
streamer was stunned earlier this week when a pretty big donation appeared on his screen, Kotaku reports. The streamer, known as ExoticChaotic, can be seen on his Twitch feed : "What a minute," he said Tuesday when he saw the number. "That can't be right....
Are So Troubled
Dec 26, 2018 7:51 AM CST
Why Parents Are So Troubled by Fortnite
'Wall Street Journal' takes a deep look at uber-popular video game
- If you're the parent of an adolescent boy, you likely know what Fortnite is. For the uninitiated, it's an insanely popular video game that can be played on game consoles, computers, and smartphones—and, as the
Wall Street Journal
says in an extensive article on the shooting game,...
He Doesn't Want
Dec 18, 2018 9:30 AM CST
He Spawned 'The Carlton.' He Doesn't Want
Alfonso Ribeiro is suing maker of 'most popular video game in the world'
- The "most popular video game" in the world is accused of hijacking a longtime popular dance move—and the actor who spawned it is suing. NBC News reports Alfonso Ribeiro, who played Carlton Banks on the '90s sitcom
The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
, has filed a complaint against...
Popular on Newser
Brooke Shields Blasts Barbara Walters for 1980 Interview
Finally, Cause of City's 'Stench of Death' Is Revealed
Before His Execution, Man Confessed to Another Murder
More Bad News for Chris Cuomo
Rittenhouse Rethinks Trip to Kenosha
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.