Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Felicity Huffman Has
First Post-Prison Role
Nov 30, 2020 3:15 PM CST
Felicity Huffman Has First Post-Prison Role
She will star in new baseball comedy on ABC
- After starring in her own personal prison drama, Felicity Huffman has a new role lined up. The
star is returning to ABC for an as-yet-untitled comedy inspired by the real-life story of Susan Savage, who inherited Triple-A baseball team the Sacramento River Cats after her husband's death,...
Has Paid Full
Debt to Society
Oct 26, 2020 12:04 AM CDT
Felicity Huffman Has Paid Full Debt to Society
Actress' sentence now 100% complete
- Felicity Huffman is free and clear. The actress' rep tells
that Huffman has completed her full sentence for the college admissions scandal; that included the 14-day prison sentence of which Huffman served 11 days plus 250 hours of community service and one year of supervised release. TMZ reports that...
Turns Out Felicity Huffman's
Kid's SAT Scores Were Fine
Apr 28, 2020 2:48 AM CDT
Turns Out Felicity Huffman's Kid's SAT Scores Were Fine
Sophia Macy retakes SAT, gets into college
- Turns out Felicity Huffman didn't have to cheat for her daughter. Sources tell Page Six that 19-year-old Sophia Macy, Huffman's daughter with William H. Macy, retook her SAT and got admitted to Pittsburgh's Carnegie Mellon University. Macy appeared to confirm the news, posting the school's logo...
to Judge: Don't
Make Us Come
Nov 1, 2019 2:05 PM CDT
Lori Loughlin to Judge: Don't Make Us Come to Court
She and husband enter not-guilty pleas to new bribery charge
- Faced with new charges in the college admissions scandal, actress Lori Loughlin and her husband pleaded not guilty Friday via their attorneys. The couple was hit with that indictment , on federal program bribery, after being warned by prosecutors that more charges would be brought if they didn't plead guilty...
Oct 25, 2019 1:08 PM CDT
Felicity Huffman Catches Break Thanks to Release Rules
Credit for time served, plus DOJ guidelines on weekend releases spring actress 3 days early
- If anyone thought Felicity Huffman's two-week prison sentence was too short, it just got truncated even more.
reports that the 56-year-old was released Friday from the Federal Correctional Institution in Dublin, Calif., on the 11th day of her 14-day sentence. Huffman, who pleaded guilty to paying college admissions...
Loughlin Wants to Talk
Prison With Huffman: Report
Oct 22, 2019 11:05 AM CDT
Loughlin Wants to Talk Prison With Huffman: Report
Another report says a plea deal may still be on the table for Loughlin
- Despite an alleged $500,000 spent to get them into the University of Southern California, Lori Loughlin's daughters are no longer enrolled at the school. Olivia Jade Giannulli, 20, and Isabella Rose Giannulli, 21, "are not currently enrolled" but "we are unable to provide additional information because...
Prison Term Begins
Oct 15, 2019 1:25 PM CDT
Felicity Huffman's Prison Term Begins
She'll spend 14 days at the Federal Correctional Institution in Dublin, California
- Felicity Huffman reported to prison in northern California Tuesday morning to begin serving her 14-day sentence for her role in the sweeping college admissions bribery scandal. The 56-year-old actress will be imprisoned at the low-security, all-female Federal Correctional Institution in Dublin,
reports. "Ms. Huffman is prepared to serve...
Time for Loughlin
Oct 8, 2019 3:43 PM CDT
Prosecutor: We'll Want More Prison Time for Loughlin
Says she'll face 'substantially higher' sentence than Felicity Huffman if convicted
- Felicity Huffman pleaded guilty to her role in the sweeping college admissions bribery scandal and was sentenced to 14 days in prison. Lori Loughlin chose to go another route—and a US attorney for Massachusetts tells WCVB that route may not end quite as well for her as Huffman's...
Before Prison Stint Starts,
Some Good News for Huffman
Sep 27, 2019 1:16 PM CDT
Before Prison Stint Starts, Some Good News for Huffman
Star's daughter Sophia won't be barred from taking new SAT after admissions bribery scandal
- William H. Macy may be worried about wife Felicity Huffman, but at least there's one problem that's just been taken off the family's plate. TMZ reports that it looks like their daughter Sophia will be able to take a new SAT, which she'll need to get...
Emmys Took a Dig
at Felicity Huffman
Sep 23, 2019 7:53 AM CDT
Emmys Took a Dig at Felicity Huffman
Commentator jokes about previous winners watching from prison
- One of the jokes during the Emmy broadcast Sunday night drew more attention than the rest. The show didn't have a host, but it did have a commentator in comedian Thomas Lennon, and he delivered a clear jab at Felicity Huffman. “The producers have asked me to give...
Is Going to Prison
Sep 13, 2019 2:43 PM CDT
Felicity Huffman Is Going to Prison
Actress receives 14-day sentence in college entrance cheating scandal
- Actress Felicity Huffman is going to federal prison for her role in the college entrance cheating scandal , though not for very long. A judge in Boston on Friday sentenced the 56-year-old to 14 days behind bars, along with a $30,000 fine and 250 hours of community service. She must...
Begs Judge for
No Jail Time
Sep 7, 2019 8:40 AM CDT
Felicity Huffman Begs Judge for No Jail Time
Prosecutors recommend a month in jail, $20K fine for actress in college admissions bribery scandal
- Felicity Huffman pleaded guilty in May to a charge of conspiracy to commit mail fraud and honest services mail fraud in the college admissions bribery scandal, and now the government has handed down its recommendation for her fate. CBS News reports that federal prosecutors on Friday called for a month...
Co-Stars Speak Up
About Huffman's Guilt
Jul 20, 2019 3:30 PM CDT
Co-Stars Speak Up About Huffman's Guilt
Angela Bassett, Patricia Arquette say she's genuinely remorseful
- Felicity Huffman's co-stars in a new Netflix movie say they found her remorseful about her role in a college admissions scandal, the AP reports. Actress Angela Bassett said Huffman appears ready to take whatever steps are necessary in her case. Patricia Arquette said she believes Huffman feels terrible about...
William H. Macy Wasn't With
Felicity Huffman for Guilty Plea
May 13, 2019 2:57 PM CDT
William H. Macy Wasn't With Felicity Huffman for Guilty Plea
Actress will be sentenced Sept. 13
star Felicity Huffman pleaded guilty Monday in the college admissions bribery scheme, the biggest name to do so in a scandal that has exposed the lengths to which some wealthy parents will go to get their children into top universities. The Emmy-winning actress, 56, could face prison time...
to Go to Prison
Apr 17, 2019 2:00 AM CDT
Prosecutors Want Felicity Huffman to Go to Prison
She faces 4- to 10-month sentence in college admissions bribery scandal
- Prosecutors want to see Felicity Huffman admitted to prison for her role in the college admissions bribery scandal. They say the actress should serve between four and 10 months in federal prison for paying a consultant $15,000 to have her daughter's SAT answers altered, according to court documents...
Felicity Huffman, 12 Other
Parents to Plead Guilty
Apr 8, 2019 2:45 PM CDT
Felicity Huffman, 12 Other Parents to Plead Guilty
One coach also agrees to a plea deal
- Actress Felicity Huffman has agreed to plead guilty in the sweeping college admissions cheating scam that has ensnared wealthy parents and athletic coaches at some of the nation's most selective universities, federal authorities said Monday. The
star and 12 other prominent parents will admit to charges in...
Olivia Jade Is 'Very
Angry' With Her Parents
Apr 6, 2019 4:40 PM CDT
Olivia Jade Is 'Very Angry' With Her Parents
Or so a source tells People magazine
- Lori Loughlin's daughter wasn't exactly a babe in the woods when it came to the college admissions scandal, a source tells
"She would have never gone along with it if she thought this would happen," the source says of Olivia Jade, whose USC admission allegedly...
Make First Court Appearances
Apr 3, 2019 4:32 PM CDT
Huffman, Loughlin Make First Court Appearances
Neither entered a plea
- Hollywood stars Felicity Huffman and Lori Loughlin made their initial appearances in Boston's federal court alongside other wealthy parents Wednesday to face charges in the college bribery scandal that has roiled the world of admissions and amplified complaints the system is stacked in favor of the rich. The two...
Big Question About College
Scandal: Who Paid $6.5M?
Mar 25, 2019 8:36 AM CDT
Big Question About College Scandal: Who Paid $6.5M?
'Los Angeles Times' digs in, but mystery parent still unidentified
- We know in great detail how parents such as Lori Loughlin and Felicity Huffman are alleged to have gotten their kids into college through bribes . But as the
Los Angeles Times
notes, one big mystery still hangs over the college admissions scandal: Who on earth paid $6.5 million to...
Stars in College
Mar 19, 2019 3:46 AM CDT
Stars in College Bribery Scandal Lawyer Up
Huffman, Loughlin hire high-powered Boston lawyers
- Celebrity parents accused of trying to buy college admission for their children have bought themselves some top-notch legal representation. Felicity Huffman and Lori Loughlin have hired some of the most high-powered lawyers in Boston, where they have been charged with conspiracy to commit mail fraud in connection with the scandal,...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
20-Year-Old Makes $110M on Bed Bath & Beyond Stock
Anne Heche's Cause of Death Revealed
Her Alaskan Election Surprise May Lead to History
Trump's Former Money Guy Pleads Guilty, Heads to Prison
Court in India Sets Free Men Who Raped Woman
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.