Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Mickey D's: You Want
a Plant Burger With That?
Nov 10, 2020 8:11 AM CST
Mickey D's: You Want a Plant Burger With That?
The McPlant is coming to select US cities in 2021
- McDonald's has announced plans to sell its own plant-based burger patty in the US in 2021. The McPlant is made "by McDonald's and for McDonald's," International President Ian Borden said during a conference call on Monday, per CBS News . Shares of Beyond Meat, a company...
Eat Your Meat.
Now, With Veggies
Mar 16, 2020 10:10 AM CDT
Eat Your Meat. Now, With Veggies
Meat companies are beginning to market burgers with the veggies already blended in
- Meat companies are making it easier for you to eat your vegetables by blending them into burgers, meatballs, and sausages, reports the AP . Applegate is introducing a line of meat-and-veggie burgers and meatballs at grocery stores next month. Tyson Foods is already selling a beef-and-pea protein patty, as well as...
One Step Back, Two Steps
Forward for Beyond Meat
Jan 29, 2020 9:03 AM CST
One Step Back, Two Steps Forward for Beyond Meat
Tim Hortons ends partnership, while KFC and Denny's expand theirs
- Canada's largest coffee chain is giving up Beyond Meat products after just seven months. Tim Hortons served up an imitation sausage breakfast sandwich, and later added the Beyond Burger to the menu at many of its nearly 4,000 locations last year. But most had dropped the faux meat...
McDonald's, Beyond Meat
Team Up on Meatless Burger
Sep 26, 2019 10:10 AM CDT
McDonald's, Beyond Meat Team Up on Meatless Burger
The 'PLT' will be available only in Canada for now
- McDonald's is taking a big step toward joining the meatless bandwagon. The chain said Thursday it will test a meatless burger in a partnership with Beyond Meat, reports Reuters . However, US patrons will have to wait to taste what's being called the "PLT"—plant, lettuce, and...
KFC Is About
to Serve Up
Aug 26, 2019 1:05 PM CDT
KFC Is About to Serve Up Vegan 'Chicken'
Fast food chain is testing Beyond Chicken in one store
- Non-meat "meat" products are almost everywhere, and the next place they're heading is KFC. The chain is testing a vegan version of its fried chicken in an Atlanta restaurant starting Tuesday, CNBC reports. The plant-based product comes from Beyond Meat, making KFC the first national US fast food...
Beyond Meat's IPO
Was Beyond Successful
May 3, 2019 1:00 AM CDT
Beyond Meat's IPO Was Beyond Successful
Share price more than doubled on first day
- Investors have a big appetite for fake meat. The shares of Beyond Meat, the purveyor of plant-based burgers and sausages, more than doubled Thursday in its Nasdaq debut. It's the first pure-play maker of vegan "meat" to go public, according to Renaissance Capital, which researches and tracks IPOs....
Popular on Newser
After 24-Hour Treatment, Frogs Started Regrowing Lost Limbs
Retrieval of Sunken F35 Is 'Vitally Important' for US
Buffalo Bills Have Fans Arrested Over Their Vaccine Cards
After Bridge Collapses, a Human Chain Forms
Michael Madsen: Son's Death Is 'Mind-Blowing'
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.