Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
The Coronavirus Pandemic
Confirmed US cases: 1,897,000+ »
Read our complete coverage here »
'Blind Spot' Slowed Down Cops in Virginia Beach Shooting
Cops didn't have keycards needed to open electronically locked doors
- Police responding to the deadly mass shooting at a Virginia Beach municipal building were unable to confront the gunman at one point because they didn't have the keycards needed to open doors on the second floor. Over the radio, they pleaded for the electronic cards and talked of bringing...
He Quit His Job, Brushed His Teeth, Killed His Colleagues
Mass shooter's motive is still a mystery
- DeWayne Craddock resigned from his job with Virginia Beach's municipal government Friday morning—but not in a way that made anybody suspect he was going to massacre his colleagues hours later. There was "nothing out of the ordinary" in the short email, in which the 40-year-old civil engineer...
Va. Beach Survivor: What Would Possess Someone to Do This?
Victims, gunman identified after 12 died Friday
- As Virginia Beach tries to make sense of the country's latest mass shooting, which took 12 lives at a municipal building there Friday and injured at least four , more details are trickling out. Officials at a Saturday morning press conference IDed the gunman, who died after being shot by...
Popular on Newser
A Second Major COVID Study Is Retracted
'Stunning Reversal' From NYT on Op-Ed That Sparked Outrage
Dad Said They Were Getting a Vaccine. He Lied
Man, 75, in Serious Condition After Being Shoved by Police
Trump: It's a 'Great Day' for George Floyd
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.