Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
'Milestone' in Case of UK Teen
Allegedly Killed by US Citizen
Sep 22, 2021 3:02 AM CDT
'Milestone' in Case of UK Teen Allegedly Killed by US Citizen
But family says campaign for justice is not over
- The parents of the British teen killed in the UK in 2019 when his motorbike was hit by a car allegedly driven by the wife of a US diplomat have reached a resolution in the civil case they brought against the woman. Anne Sacoolas claimed diplomatic immunity and left the...
Harry Dunn's Parents
Receive Another Blow
Nov 24, 2020 7:54 AM CST
Harry Dunn's Parents Receive Another Blow
UK judges confirm US woman charged in fatal crash had diplomatic immunity
- The parents of a British teen who was killed in a car crash lost a court battle with the UK government Tuesday over whether their son's alleged killer, an American woman, had diplomatic immunity. Charlotte Charles and Tim Dunn have been seeking justice for 19-year-old Harry Dunn , who died...
Interpol Issues 'Red Notice'
for Wife of US Diplomat
May 11, 2020 1:32 PM CDT
Interpol Issues 'Red Notice' for Wife of US Diplomat
Anne Sacoolas accused of killing teen in UK car crash
- Anne Sacoolas, wife of an American diplomat, will face arrest if she tries to leave the US again. Interpol has issued a wanted notice for the 42-year-old, who is charged with killing 19-year-old Harry Dunn in a car crash outside an American military base in England last year, reports Reuters...
UK Fumes After US Refuses
to Extradite Anne Sacoolas
Jan 24, 2020 7:43 AM CST
UK Fumes After US Refuses to Extradite Anne Sacoolas
State Dept. rep says doing so would 'set an extraordinarily troubling precedent'
- The UK is fuming after the US announced Thursday that it would not extradite the diplomat's wife charged with dangerous driving causing the death of 19-year-old Harry Dunn. While the government "expresses its sincere condolences and sympathy to the Dunn family," Anne Sacoolas' extradition "would render...
Harry Dunn's Mom:
Dec 20, 2019 10:40 AM CST
Harry Dunn's Mom: New Development 'Means Everything'
Anne Sacoolas charged, may face extradition
- Charges have been filed against the US diplomat's wife involved in a car crash that killed 19-year-old Harry Dunn in the UK. But whether 42-year-old Anne Sacoolas will ever return to Britain to face trial remains very much up in the air. The Crown Prosecution Service says extradition proceedings...
UK Cops to Get New Crack
at US Diplomat's Wife
Oct 22, 2019 7:33 AM CDT
UK Cops to Get New Crack at US Diplomat's Wife
Anne Sacoolas requested interview 'under caution' in US
- British police will get another interview with the US diplomat's wife involved in the car crash that killed 19-year-old Harry Dunn—just not in the UK. Anne Sacoolas requested to be interviewed by Northamptonshire Police in the US, where officers are now traveling, Sky News reports. The outlet notes...
Harry Dunn's Parents: Trump
Made Inappropriate Offer
Oct 16, 2019 7:42 AM CDT
Harry Dunn's Parents: Trump Made Inappropriate Offer
They refused Tuesday meeting with Anne Sacoolas at White House
- The parents of a British teen killed in an Aug. 27 crash involving a US diplomat's wife said they had no plans to meet the woman during their visit stateside. Indeed, they said they'd been advised against such a meeting unless Anne Sacoolas returned to the UK for...
Harry Dunn's Dad Says
He Spoke to Son After Crash
Oct 14, 2019 12:54 PM CDT
Harry Dunn's Dad Says He Spoke to Son After Crash
Says his son knew he was there before he died
- The parents of the British teen killed in an August crash involving a US woman who is reportedly married to an American diplomat have given their first stateside interview, and they tell CBS News that 19-year-old Harry Dunn was able to be with his father before he died. Tim Dunn...
US Diplomat's Wife's
Immunity 'No Longer Relevant'
Oct 13, 2019 5:42 AM CDT
US Diplomat's Wife's Immunity 'No Longer Relevant'
Anne Sacoolas tells family of UK's Harry Dunn she's 'devastated by this tragic accident'
- The American diplomat's wife who fled the United Kingdom under the auspices of diplomatic immunity "is devastated by this tragic accident" that killed a 19-year-old man on a motorcycle, per the BBC . "No loss compares to the death of a child and Anne extends her deepest sympathy...
Trump on UK Crash:
Wrong-Way Driving 'Happens'
Oct 10, 2019 7:47 AM CDT
Trump on UK Crash: Wrong-Way Driving 'Happens'
Notes suggest Anne Sacoolas will not return to UK
- Anne Sacoolas, the 42-year-old wife of a US diplomat who fled the UK after a fatal Aug. 27 crash in which she claims diplomatic immunity, has no plans to return, according to notes provided to President Trump. A
photographer got a look at briefing notes given to Trump...
Parents of Brit
Killed in Crash on
Quest That Could
Lead to Trump
Oct 8, 2019 11:50 AM CDT
Parents of Brit Killed in Crash on Quest That Could Lead to Trump
Harry Dunn's parents want Anne Sacoolas' immunity waived
- It's still unclear exactly where Anne Sacoolas is right now. The same can't be said for Harry Dunn's parents, who have been putting themselves in front of cameras and journalists as part of their quest to have the 42-year-old American held accountable for allegedly killing their 19-year-old...
Who Killed Teen
Immunity to Flee
Oct 7, 2019 7:42 AM CDT
Cops: Woman Who Killed Teen Used Diplomatic Immunity to Flee
Woman said to be wife of US diplomat had told UK police she had no plans to leave country
- She told UK police she wasn't planning on leaving the country after a car crash in which a teen was killed. Now, the parents of Harry Dunn are pleading with the wife of a US diplomat to return to England so they can "get some peace" after cops...
Popular on Newser
Report: Plane Crashed Into the Earth Intentionally
Man Buys Old Virginia Home, Makes 'Heart-Wrenching' Find
After Girl, 7, Mauled to Death by Dog, 4 Family Members Charged
Friends Say He Was Exhausted, the Band Says Otherwise
Viral Post About $27 Airport Beer Spurs Big Changes
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.