Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
In Buffalo, Biden Repeatedly Blasts White Supremacy
Feb 12, 2021 8:42 AM CST
Toddler's Family: Royal Caribbean Destroyed CCTV Footage
Family of Chloe Wiegand, who fell to her death from ship, demands 'the harshest of sanctions'
- Earlier this week, Salvatore "Sam" Anello of Indiana was sentenced to three years' probation for the death of his 18-month granddaughter, who fell from his grasp and out an 11th-story window on Royal Caribbean's Freedom of the Seas. Chloe Wiegand plummeted 150 feet to her death in the...
Grandfather Will Plead Guilty
in Toddler's Cruise Ship Death
Feb 26, 2020 3:25 AM CST
Grandfather Will Plead Guilty in Toddler's Cruise Ship Death
Sam Anello won't face jail time, lawyer says
- An Indiana grandfather has decided to take a plea deal instead of trying to clear his name after the fatal fall that killed 18-month-old Chloe Weigand last year. Attorney Michael Winkleman tells NBC that Sam Anello has decided to plead guilty to a charge of negligent homicide brought by authorities...
Leaned Out Window First
Jan 20, 2020 5:15 PM CST
Royal Caribbean: 'Reckless' Grandpa Leaned Out Window First
Cruise line blames Sam Anello in Chloe Wiegand's death
- A horrible twist to the already unimaginable story of the 18-month-old who fell to her death from the 11th story of a Royal Caribbean ship: The cruise line says the tot's grandfather first leaned out the open window before leaning down to pick her up. Salvatore "Sam" Anello,...
Dec 18, 2019 10:45 AM CST
Plea Deal a Possibility in Toddler's Cruise Ship Death
Sam Anello was charged with negligent homicide in the death of Chloe Wiegand
- A plea deal is on the table for the grieving grandfather charged with negligent homicide in the July death of his 18-month-old granddaughter , Chloe Wiegand. The news comes as surveillance video of the toddler's 11-story fall from the open window of a Royal Caribbean cruise ship was leaked to...
Family Sues Cruise Line
Over Toddler's Fatal Fall
Dec 11, 2019 10:40 AM CST
Family Sues Cruise Line Over Toddler's Fatal Fall
Chloe Wiegand fell from what her grandfather says he didn't realize was an open window
- The family of the toddler who died in a fall from a Royal Caribbean cruise ship has spoken out against the company many times, and now they're suing. Chloe Wiegand's family, in a lawsuit they announced Wednesday in Indiana two days before what would have been Chloe's...
From Cruise Ship
Nov 26, 2019 8:39 AM CST
Grandpa Who Dropped Toddler From Cruise Ship Breaks Silence
Salvatore Anello says he thought there was glass in front of granddaughter
- For the first time, an Indiana man accused of negligent homicide after his 18-month-old granddaughter fell to her death from a Royal Caribbean cruise ship is speaking publicly. In an interview with CBS News , Salvatore Anello recalls to David Begnaud what happened on that July day in Puerto Rico, when,...
Lawyer: Cruise Ship
Video of Toddler's Fall
Nov 21, 2019 12:34 PM CST
Lawyer: Cruise Ship Video of Toddler's Fall Exonerates Grandpa
Surveillance video is being used as evidence in Indiana man's Puerto Rico trial
- The lawyer for Salvatore Anello says his client thought he was holding his 18-month-old granddaughter, Chloe Wiegand, up to a closed window on a Royal Caribbean cruise ship before she fell to her death in July—and surveillance video of the tragic incident will prove that to be the case....
Grandfather Charged in
Toddler's Cruise Ship Death
Oct 29, 2019 6:37 AM CDT
Grandfather Charged in Toddler's Cruise Ship Death
Salvatore Anello faces manslaughter charge in girl's fall through open window
- The grandfather who'd been holding a toddler before she fell to her death from a Royal Caribbean cruise ship in July is facing a new heartbreak: charges of negligent manslaughter. Prosecutors in Puerto Rico say Salvatore Anello "negligently exposed" 18-month-old Chloe Wiegand, who fell through an open window...
Parents of Toddler Who Died
in Fall: We Blame Cruise Line
Jul 22, 2019 1:05 PM CDT
Parents of Toddler Who Died in Fall: We Blame Cruise Line
Chloe Wiegand's family speaks out on 'unfathomable' loss
- The parents who lost their 18-month-old daughter in a tragic accident aboard a Royal Caribbean cruise ship are speaking out publicly for the first time since their "unfathomable" loss. Chloe Wiegand was with her grandfather in a children's play area on the 11th story of the ship, which...
Lawyer Explains Toddler's
Fall From Cruise Ship Window
Jul 9, 2019 1:52 PM CDT
Lawyer Explains Toddler's Fall From Cruise Ship Window
He says Royal Caribbean is at fault for Chloe Wiegand's death
- A lawyer for the family of the 1-year-old girl who fell 11 stories to her death Sunday while aboard a docked cruise ship in Puerto Rico says the fault lies with Royal Caribbean, not the child's grandfather. Michael Winkleman says in a statement picked up by WSBT that Chloe...
Popular on Newser
Liz Cheney Unloads on House Leaders After Shooting
Tucker Carlson Addresses Alleged Gunman's Screed
Ted Cruz Scores a Victory Before the Supreme Court
After Girl, 7, Mauled to Death by Dog, 4 Family Members Charged
18-Year-Old Topples Track Record From 1965
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.