Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Nov 30, 2020 8:00 PM CST
Trump Adviser on Coronavirus Resigns
Opponent of restrictions had clashed with Fauci, Birx
- A special adviser to President Trump on the pandemic, who had been criticized for his views on stopping the spread of the coronavirus, resigned Monday. Dr. Scott Atlas, who is not an infectious disease expert, got the job in August after Trump saw his appearances on Fox News, the Hill...
Michigan Governor Responds
to Trump Adviser's Criticism
Nov 16, 2020 9:05 AM CST
Michigan Governor Responds to Trump Adviser's Criticism
Whitmer says she will not 'be bullied' after announcing new COVID restrictions
- "I'm not going to be bullied." That's the response of Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer after one of President Trump's COVID advisers delivered a very public rebuke of new restrictions in her state. "We know that the White House likes to single us out here...
Trump COVID Adviser: 'Rise Up'
Against New Mandates
Nov 16, 2020 6:44 AM CST
Trump COVID Adviser: 'Rise Up' Against New Mandates
Scott Atlas not happy with Michigan's coronavirus measures
- Michigan is among a number of states that have recently imposed new restrictions as COVID-19 cases surged, and President Trump's controversial coronavirus adviser Scott Atlas was not having it. "The only way this stops is if people rise up. You get what you accept. #FreedomMatters #StepUp," Atlas...
Sorry for Going
Nov 1, 2020 2:30 PM CST
Trump Adviser: Sorry for Going on Russian State News
Scott Atlas issues an apology on Twitter
- Dr. Scott Atlas, one of President Trump's science advisers, is apologizing after appearing on the Russian state-funded TV channel RT to criticize lockdown measures aimed at stemming the coronavirus, the AP reports. In a tweet Sunday, Atlas wrote he was unaware that RT was a registered foreign agent. He...
Twitter Blocks Mask Tweet
From Trump Science Adviser
Oct 19, 2020 4:20 AM CDT
Twitter Blocks Mask Tweet From Trump Science Adviser
Scott Atlas said they don't work
- Twitter blocked a post Sunday from an adviser to President Trump who suggested that masks do not work to stop the spread of the coronavirus, the AP reports. Scott Atlas, who joined the White House in August as a science adviser, had tweeted “Masks work? NO,” and said...
Makes Call on
Sep 28, 2020 2:07 PM CDT
CDC Chief Makes Call on Plane, Reporter Overhears It
'Everything he says is false,' Robert Redfield said of Trump's new COVID-19 adviser, Dr. Scott Atlas
- The director of the CDC flew from Atlanta to DC Friday, and a phone call he made while on the plane is now making headlines. Turns out an NBC News reporter was on the same flight as Robert Redfield and overheard him apparently blasting President Trump's newest coronavirus task...
Popular on Newser
Climber Found Box of Gems on Mont Blanc in 2013. Now, a Windfall
CEO's 'Cold' Zoom Call: 'I Come to You With Not Great News'
Black Couple 'Whitewashed' Home, Saw Appraisal Jump
Guy Who Helped Shooting Suspect's Parents Identifies Self
Restaurant Apologizes for Asking Cops to Leave
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.