Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Probe Into AG
Nov 10, 2021 12:58 PM CST
SD House Launches an 'Unprecedented' Probe Into AG
No state official there has been impeached; that may change with Jason Ravnsborg case
- South Dakota's House launched an investigation Tuesday into whether the state's attorney general should be impeached for his conduct surrounding a car crash last year that killed a pedestrian. A sizable majority of the Republican-dominated House voted to have a committee prepare a report and recommend whether Attorney...
Plea Deal Upsets
Aug 26, 2021 4:37 PM CDT
Attorney General's Plea Deal Upsets Victim's Family
Jason Ravnsborg is fined $1K in the death of a man who was hit while walking along a highway
- South Dakota's attorney general was convicted of two misdemeanors Thursday in the death of a man struck by a vehicle while walking along a rural highway one night last fall. Jason Ravnsborg also was fined $1K on Thursday under the terms of his plea deal , the
South Dakota AG Takes
Plea Deal a Day Before Trial
Aug 25, 2021 1:55 PM CDT
South Dakota AG Takes Plea Deal a Day Before Trial
Jason Ravnsborg faced 3 charges in connection with fatal crash
- South Dakota Attorney General Jason Ravnsborg will avoid a trial and take a plea deal for misdemeanor traffic charges in a crash last year in which he hit and killed a man who was walking along a rural highway, a prosecutor said Wednesday. Beadle County State’s Attorney Michael Moore,...
Victim Wanted to Die,
South Dakota AG Claims
Jul 10, 2021 11:40 AM CDT
Victim Wanted to Die, South Dakota AG Claims
Jason Ravnsborg's defense says the man he struck and killed was suicidal
- Jason Ravnsborg is really looking for an out. The South Dakota attorney general who struck and killed Joe Boever with his car back in September of 2020 is now claiming the victim wanted to die. Boever, whose glasses were found inside Ravnsborg’s car and whose lit flashlight was found...
for S. Dakota
May 4, 2021 10:15 AM CDT
More Fallout for S. Dakota Official Over Road Fatality
Attorney General Jason Ravnsborg's promotion in the Army Reserve is blocked
- The US Army Reserve has blocked the promotion of South Dakota's attorney general because of his role in the death of a man who was struck while walking along a rural highway last year, per the AP . Jason Ravnsborg last month announced on social media that he was being...
Pedestrian's Glasses Found in
State AG's Car After Fatal Crash
Feb 24, 2021 9:15 AM CST
Pedestrian's Glasses Found in State AG's Car After Fatal Crash
Jason Ravnsborg now facing possible impeachment in South Dakota
- "His face was in your windshield, Jason." That was among the commentary that South Dakota Attorney General Jason Ravnsborg had to contend with during two interviews with law enforcement days after the Sept. 12 crash in which he struck and killed a pedestrian. Gov. Kristi Noem released videos...
State AG Hit With
Charges in Deadly Crash
Feb 19, 2021 7:52 AM CST
State AG Hit With Charges in Deadly Crash
Jason Ravnsborg charged with 3 misdemeanors after hitting pedestrian Joseph Boever
- South Dakota Attorney General Jason Ravnsborg will see three misdemeanor charges, not felony ones, after he hit and killed pedestrian Joseph Boever, 55, in September. Ravnsborg said he initially thought he'd hit a deer on a dark rural road, but he didn't find one in a search; when...
State AG's Fate Could Hinge
on Unusual Piece of Debris
Dec 30, 2020 12:31 PM CST
State AG's Fate Could Hinge on Unusual Piece of Debris
Jason Ravnsborg was involved in a fatal crash on Sept. 12
- South Dakota Attorney General Jason Ravnsborg struck and killed a pedestrian while driving on Sept. 12—and 3 1/2 months later, prosecutors have yet to decide whether to charge Ravnsborg in the matter, to the displeasure of Gov. Kristi Noem. "To have more than 100 days go by without...
Investigators: State AG Was
Distracted During Deadly Crash
Nov 2, 2020 3:32 PM CST
Investigators: State AG Was Distracted During Deadly Crash
But what distracted Ravnsborg hasn't been revealed
- The investigation into the fatal crash involving South Dakota Attorney General Jason Ravnsborg is nearly complete, the state's governor and public safety secretary said in a Monday press conference. The big finding is that Ravnsborg was distracted when he struck and killed a pedestrian on Sept. 12—a crash...
'I Hit Something,' State AG
Said After Deadly Crash
Oct 13, 2020 4:38 PM CDT
'I Hit Something,' State AG Said After Deadly Crash
South Dakota releases transcript, toxicology reports
- "I hit something" South Dakota Attorney General Jason Ravnsborg told a 911 dispatcher on the night of Sept. 12 after fatally striking a pedestrian with his car . State authorities released a transcript of the 911 call and toxicology reports in an update on the case Tuesday, the
Family of Man
Killed by SD AG:
'A Deer Doesn't
Look Like a Human'
Sep 15, 2020 10:10 AM CDT
Family of Man Killed by SD AG: 'A Deer Doesn't Look Like a Human'
Jason Ravnsborg reported hitting a deer, but 'I didn't see what I hit'
- South Dakota Attorney General Jason Ravnsborg says he only learned he'd killed a man when he came upon the body several hours after reporting a collision late Saturday. Joe Boever, 55, was struck and killed while walking along Highway 14 west of Highmore around 10:30pm. Ravnsborg, who was...
He Says He Thought He Hit
a Deer, but a Body Was Found
Sep 14, 2020 2:15 PM CDT
He Says He Thought He Hit a Deer, but a Body Was Found
South Dakota Attorney General Jason Ravnsborg's collision is under investigation
- South Dakota's attorney general called 911 Saturday night to say that he'd struck a deer on a local highway, per his office. As it turns out, AG Jason Ravnsborg fatally struck a 55-year-old pedestrian whose body wasn't found until the following morning, reports the
Rapid City Journal
Popular on Newser
Centuries Ago, We Slept Much Differently
Schwarzenegger in Multi-Vehicle Accident
Mom's Remarks Over Face Masks Lead to Charges
Passengers in NC Plane Landing Got a Wild Ride
NPR's Supreme Court Story Takes Another Turn
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.