Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
LeBron Signs $154M
Deal to Leave Cleveland
Jul 2, 2018 12:16 AM CDT
LeBron Signs $154M Deal to Leave Cleveland
The legend is now a Laker
- Cavs fans were right to be worried : LeBron James is taking his formidable talent to Los Angeles, where he has signed a four-year, $154 million deal with the Lakers. James, who played in Cleveland from 2003 to 2010 and returned in 2014 after a stint with the Miami Heat, thanked...
News on LeBron
James Has Cavs
Jun 29, 2018 12:25 PM CDT
News on LeBron James Has Cavs Fans Worried, Hopeful
Sources say Cavaliers forward will be a free agent, but he might stay in Cleveland
- LeBron James made the first move—now what? Cleveland? Los Angeles? Philly? A surprise? Stay tuned. Decision III is this summer's NBA blockbuster, and it's coming soon. James told the Cavaliers he's not exercising his $35.6 million contract option for next season and will become an...
Dynasty? Golden State Just
Made a Powerful Case
Jun 8, 2018 10:45 PM CDT
Dynasty? Golden State Just Made a Powerful Case
Stephen Curry's Warriors sweep LeBron James' Cavaliers, win 3rd title in 4 years
- Stephen Curry scored 37 points, Kevin Durant added 20 and a triple-double, and the Golden State Warriors stamped themselves a dynasty after winning their second straight NBA title and third in four years Friday night. The Warriors beat the Cleveland Cavaliers 108-85 to complete a sweep and perhaps drive LeBron...
Cleveland Player Swears
He Didn't Lose Track of Score
Jun 1, 2018 10:04 AM CDT
Cleveland Player Swears He Didn't Lose Track of Score
But JR Smith's weird decision may have cost the Cavaliers Game 1
- Ouch. Golden State beat Cleveland in overtime Thursday in Game 1 of the NBA Finals, and everybody on Friday was still talking about the odd move by Cleveland's JR Smith late in regulation. You can watch the video here : With the score tied at 107 in the final seconds,...
On the Line for Senators
During NBA Finals: Booze
Jun 1, 2018 12:10 AM CDT
On the Line for Senators During NBA Finals: Booze
California, Ohio pols bet each other wine, beer as Warriors take on Cavaliers
- With the Golden State Warriors and the Cleveland Cavaliers meeting for their f ourth straight NBA finals , senators from Ohio and California are keeping things interesting with a bet. California Sens. Dianne Feinstein and Kamala Harris have bet a case of California chardonnay and a case of beer from Anchor...
Cleveland, Golden State
Set for 4th Straight NBA Finals
May 29, 2018 12:11 AM CDT
Cleveland, Golden State Set for 4th Straight NBA Finals
Both won Game 7s in conference finals
- Here we go again. And again. And, well, again. Round 4—as many predicted, and others probably lamented—is happening. Cleveland and Golden State will meet for the fourth straight year in the NBA Finals, the Warriors looking for a third championship in that span and LeBron James and the...
Over a Third
of Its Players
Feb 8, 2018 2:19 PM CST
NBA Team Trades Away Over a Third of Its Players
LeBron James is going to have a lot of new faces around him
- It was an eventful NBA trade deadline for the Cleveland Cavaliers, to say the least. LeBron James' team traded away over half its roster within the span of an hour or so Thursday. Deadspin runs down the deals: Isaiah Thomas and Channing Frye to the Los Angeles Lakers, Jae Crowder...
Can Cavs Make History?
They Just Took Step One
Jun 10, 2017 3:00 AM CDT
Can Cavs Make History? They Just Took Step One
LeBron James and Cleveland now trail Golden State 3-1 in finals
- The celebrating after Game 4 was done by Cavaliers fans, not Golden State players, their families, or anyone else dressed in blue and gold who came looking for a historic party. "Cavs in 7! Cavs in 7!" Cleveland fans chanted as they walked toward the exits. Yes, the...
to Racist Vandalism
Jun 1, 2017 5:25 AM CDT
LeBron Responds to Racist Vandalism
'Being black in America is tough'
- "No matter how much money you have, no matter how famous you are ... being black in America is tough," LeBron James said Wednesday in his first public comments since his Los Angeles home was vandalized with a racial slur . The Cleveland Cavaliers star told reporters his family was...
LeBron James Just Upended
19-Year-Old Jordan Record
May 26, 2017 2:39 AM CDT
LeBron James Just Upended 19-Year-Old Jordan Record
Cavs star now has most playoff points ever
- The Cleveland Cavaliers earned a third straight trip to the NBA finals and LeBron James secured a place in the history books Thursday night by surpassing Michael Jordan's record as the all-time NBA playoffs scorer. James scored 35 points in the 135-102 win over the Boston Celtics and overtook...
This Is Officially the
'Clutchest NBA Shot Ever'
Dec 21, 2016 6:09 PM CST
This Is Officially the 'Clutchest NBA Shot Ever'
So says statistics
- Basketball fans have spent countless hours in the nation's rec rooms and bars debating the biggest shot in NBA history. But now thanks to math and an in-depth analysis by the Wall Street Journal , we have a definitive answer—and it's not a shot that would top most...
Massive Crowd Engulfs
Cleveland for Cavs Parade
Jun 22, 2016 6:57 PM CDT
Massive Crowd Engulfs Cleveland for Cavs Parade
More than 1 million are believed to have come out to see LeBron and company
- Following a parade choked to a crawl by a massive crowd, after proclamations, speeches, and fanfare, Cleveland watched a symbolic passing of the trophy—and the torch. When Browns Hall of Fame running back Jim Brown handed the Larry O'Brien Trophy to Cavaliers superstar LeBron James, the city's...
Just Became a Legend
Jun 20, 2016 6:49 AM CDT
LeBron James Just Became a Legend
Cleveland's championship is 'transformative'
- LeBron James led his Cleveland Cavaliers to a Game 7 win Sunday night to cap an epic championship series, one in which the Cavs became the first team to come back from a 3-1 deficit. Some of the next-morning analysis:
If there are any LeBron haters left, it's time
Make NBA History
Jun 19, 2016 9:52 PM CDT
LeBron, Cleveland Make NBA History
Cavaliers win championship after trailing 3-1
- LeBron James and his relentless, never-count-them-out Cavaliers pulled off an improbable NBA Finals comeback, and Cleveland is title town again at long last. James delivered on a promise from two years ago to bring a championship to his native northeast Ohio, and he and the Cavs became the first team...
Ticket to Sunday's
NBA Game 7? $50K
Jun 19, 2016 6:33 AM CDT
Ticket to Sunday's NBA Game 7? $50K
StubHub reports its most expensive sale ever—by a lot
- There are a lot of things one could purchase with $50,000, including very nice cars or a down payment on a home—or you could buy a few hours with the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Golden State Warriors on Sunday night. As the AFP reports, StubHub has sold the...
Steph Curry's Wife
Says NBA Is 'Rigged'
Jun 17, 2016 8:46 AM CDT
Steph Curry's Wife Says NBA Is 'Rigged'
Tweet followed Curry's ejection from Game 6
- Steph Curry was thrown out of his first NBA game during the Golden State Warriors' 115-101 loss to the Cleveland Cavaliers in Game 6 of the NBA Finals on Thursday—and his wife is really not happy about it. In a since-deleted tweet, Ayesha Curry said the league is "...
Man's Steph Curry
Tweet Gets Him Fired
Jun 10, 2016 7:51 AM CDT
Man's Steph Curry Tweet Gets Him Fired
Moe Wahdan lost his job as a result
- A Cleveland Cavaliers fan apparently trying to get under the skin of the NBA's MVP instead ended up losing his job. The 21-year-old sister of Stephen Curry of the Golden State Warriors tweeted Wednesday morning that Curry's whole family was heading to Cleveland to watch him play in...
Dec 17, 2015 6:50 PM CST
NBA Player Delivers Fiancee's Baby
He managed it with nothing but a pair of headphones and 'his bare hands'
- Cleveland Cavaliers guard Iman Shumpert—more used to handling basketballs—calmly delivered a baby girl when his fiancee unexpectedly went into labor Wednesday morning. According to Shumpert's fiancee, Teyana Taylor, the couple welcomed their daughter on Wednesday morning in their bathroom at home. Taylor posted on her Instagram account...
Jun 17, 2015 12:03 AM CDT
Warriors End 40-Year Title Drought
They beat Cleveland Cavaliers 105-97
- Revived by a fresh-faced shooting superstar and a first-year coach who made them believe, the Golden State Warriors again reign supreme. Their 40-year NBA championship drought is finally over—and a half-century of misery in Cleveland drags on. LeBron James just didn't have enough help. Stephen Curry and finals...
Cavs Sorry for 'Insensitive'
Video Shown During Game
May 7, 2015 6:57 PM CDT
Cavs Sorry for 'Insensitive' Video Shown During Game
NBA team agrees with critics that it makes light of domestic violence
- The Cleveland Cavaliers have apologized after airing a video promo during last night's playoff game widely seen as making light of domestic violence, reports Cleveland.com . In the
spoof, a male Cavs fan lets a woman crash to the floor after she jumps toward him because he...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Parliament Nears Outlawing Adultery and Insulting President
Trump Suggests Suspending the Constitution
Troops Seal Off Town, Looking for Gang Members
Gravel Racing Was on the Rise. Then, a Murder
Prosecutors Whip Out Surprise Document in Trump Org Trial
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.