Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
4 Hours in Plane
Dec 30, 2021 10:25 AM CST
Woman Spends 4 Hours in Plane Bathroom After Testing Positive
She took rapid test after getting sore throat on Icelandair flight
- A Chicago woman ended up in the Mile High Quarantine Club after she tested positive for COVID-19 on a flight between Newark. NJ, and Iceland. Marisa Fotieo told the
show Wednesday that she went to the bathroom and took a rapid test when her throat started to hurt during...
Delta Flight to China Turns Back
Dec 28, 2021 11:30 AM CST
Delta Flight to China Turns Back
Airline blames new COVID cleaning rules at Shanghai airport
- With coronavirus cases climbing and the Winter Olympics in Beijing nearing, China is rigorously following its zero COVID policies. Delta Air Lines has blamed one of the strategies at the Shanghai airport after a flight from Seattle turned around, midair, last week, rather than continue on to China, CNN reports....
A Flight Landed Safely in
Seattle. Then, an Evacuation
Aug 24, 2021 8:19 AM CDT
A Flight Landed Safely in Seattle. Then, an Evacuation
Passenger's cellphone caught on fire on tarmac at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport
- Passengers usually breathe a sigh of relief once their plane touches down on the runway. For an Alaska Airlines flight arriving in Seattle this week, however, an incident
the aircraft had landed triggered an evacuation: a fire in the cargo hold that officials say was caused by a passenger'...
Flight to Bahamas Nixed
After Teen 'Masked Rebellion'
Jul 7, 2021 11:37 AM CDT
Flight to Bahamas Nixed After Teen 'Masked Rebellion'
Dozens of high schoolers believed to be from Mass. wouldn't mask up, witnesses say
- Passengers on an American Airlines flight out of North Carolina found their vacation to the Bahamas disrupted after what the
New York Post
calls a "masked rebellion" by dozens of teens. WSOC reports that Flight 893, headed to Nassau, was prepping to take off from Charlotte Douglas International Airport...
Plane Lands in Hawaii
With One More Passenger
Than When It Departed
May 3, 2021 8:05 AM CDT
Plane Lands in Hawaii With One More Passenger Than When It Departed
Doctor, 3 neonatal ICU nurses help deliver baby on Delta flight
- Many doctors have had to come to the rescue during a flight to help a sick or hurt passenger, but Dr. Dale Glenn's in-air episode last week was unlike most. "I've experienced this before, and usually they're pretty clear asking if there is a doctor on...
In This Nation, Hello Kitty 'Flight
to Nowhere' Offers an Escape
Aug 4, 2020 7:59 AM CDT
In This Nation, Hello Kitty 'Flight to Nowhere' Offers an Escape
Taiwanese citizens will be able to fly around for 3 hours with no destination on Saturday in Dream jet
- We've heard of cruises to nowhere—but a "flight to nowhere"? That's the plan behind EVA Air's latest gimmick to appeal to Taiwanese citizens who haven't been able to travel outside the country during the coronavirus pandemic. Per CNN , to celebrate Father's Day...
Jul 6, 2020 9:25 AM CDT
After Flight, Senator Slams Airline: 'Incredibly Irresponsible'
Trip on American spurs Jeff Merkley to introduce bill keeping middle seats from being filled in pandemic
- Jeff Merkley flew on American Airlines last week, and he wasn't happy with how his flight went—specifically, on how crowded it was in the midst of the pandemic. "How many Americans will die bc you fill middle seats, w/ your customers shoulder to shoulder, hour after hour,...
Airline Flies to Italy, Forgets
to See if Airport Is Open
May 26, 2020 9:11 AM CDT
Airline Flies to Italy, Forgets to See if Airport Is Open
After 'sightseeing tour,' Eurowings took 2 passengers back to Germany
- A plane carried passengers from Germany to Italy before turning around midair because its intended airport is closed until next month. A spokesperson for German airline Eurowings confirmed the Saturday mix-up, which played out over four hours, per CNN . Flight EW9844 set off from Düsseldorf, intending to make the...
He Found a 'Loophole' for a
'Free' Flight. Now, a Lawsuit
Mar 5, 2020 9:34 AM CST
He Found a 'Loophole' for a 'Free' Flight. Now, a Lawsuit
Brussels Airlines is suing hacker who flew himself, 2 pals to New York for free
- An overseas airline has filed a lawsuit against a hacker who booked a "free" flight from Belgium to New York. The
reports that Brussels Airlines wants $22,000 in damages from the 25-year-old man after he flew himself and two buddies to the US in business class...
New Boeing Jetliner
Takes Off and Lands
Jan 26, 2020 3:15 PM CST
New Boeing Jetliner Takes Off and Lands
The 777X could help revive the struggling company
- Finally, good news for Boeing: Its new jetliner took off, flew, and landed without a hitch. A crowd watched the Boeing 777X (also called the 777-9 and 777-9X) complete its maiden flight north of Seattle on Saturday morning, Reuters reports. But the world's biggest twin-engined jetliner still requires FAA...
10-Year-Old Girl Dies After
Plane Takes Off From LAX
Dec 27, 2019 12:23 PM CST
10-Year-Old Girl Dies After Plane Takes Off From LAX
Janice Xu is believed to have suffered cardiac arrest on flight from LA to Seattle
- A young girl was pronounced dead Thursday at Los Angeles International Airport after she suffered an apparent cardiac arrest on her Delta Air Lines flight that had just taken off for Seattle, forcing the plane to return due to the medical emergency, CBS News reports. CBS Los Angeles notes the...
Airline Plans Longest
Direct Flights Ever
Aug 22, 2019 2:55 PM CDT
Airline Plans Longest Direct Flights Ever
Qantas will put people on a plane for 19 hours
- Think you've been on long flights? Qantas plans to test the first-ever 19-hour commercial flights from New York to Sydney and London to Sydney and monitor how the human body endures, the Guardian reports. Crew and 40 test passengers will be given wearable technology to measure sleep, food-and-drink intake,...
'World's Biggest' Plane
Flies for the First Time
Apr 13, 2019 4:20 PM CDT
'World's Biggest' Plane Flies for the First Time
Stratolaunch jet was Microsoft co-founder's dream
- A giant six-engine aircraft with the world's longest wingspan completed what company officials called a superb initial flight over California's Mojave Desert, bringing to life a dream held by the late Microsoft co-founder Paul G. Allen, the AP reports. Stratolaunch Systems Corp. chief executive Jean Floyd said Saturday...
Weird Flight: Passenger Jet
Has Only One Passenger
in case you missed it
Apr 6, 2019 3:00 PM CDT
Weird Flight: Passenger Jet Has Only One Passenger
Lithuanian man experienced a strange flight to Italy
- Legroom was not an issue here. A Lithuanian man had the weird experience of flying to Italy on a huge passenger jet—as the only passenger. By the AP's count, the Boeing 737-800—a different model than the 737s of recent controversy —had all of eight people aboard:...
Blamed for Flier's
Pain Was Not
a Gum Wrapper
Mar 12, 2019 7:49 AM CDT
'Gum Wrapper' Blamed for Flier's Pain Was Not a Gum Wrapper
Canadian student was stung by scorpion on Air Transat flight from Toronto to Calgary
- If you're seated next to Quin Maltais on a future flight, forgive her if she's a little jumpy. That's because the Canadian student recently had another seatmate—an unwelcome one—on a recent Air Transat flight from Toronto to Calgary. On that Feb. 26 flight, Maltais initially...
Mom, Baby Kicked Off Flight
Due to Their Skin Condition
Mar 4, 2019 10:30 AM CST
Mom, Baby Kicked Off Flight Due to Their Skin Condition
American Airlines has apologized, says it's investigating
- Jordan Flake was born with a genetic skin condition called ichthyosis, and so was her infant son, Jackson. But because the condition causes dry, scaly skin, crew members on the pair's recent American Airlines flight believed they had a rash—possibly a contagious one—and they were removed from...
London to Philly,
Feb 8, 2019 8:18 AM CST
Minutes Before Takeoff From London to Philly, Pilot Arrested
The 62-year-old appeared intoxicated right before the late-morning flight
- If you were booked on Flight AA35 out of the UK's Manchester Airport on Thursday morning, you may have been annoyed at your last-minute rebooking. Reading the news Friday, however, should ease your mind that the right call was made.
reports that the American Airlines flight to...
Passengers Spend 14 Hours
Stuck on Cold, Grounded Plane
Jan 21, 2019 3:05 AM CST
Passengers Spend 14 Hours Stuck on Cold, Grounded Plane
Some of them ended up calling off their trips to Hong Kong
- The Newark to Hong Kong route is one of the world's longest flights. And for United Airlines passengers on Saturday, it was much longer than usual—and they ended back in Newark at the end of it. The passengers were stuck on the ground in frigid weather at a...
Mom on Stranger's Kind Act:
'I Cried My Way Up the Aisle'
Dec 11, 2018 1:32 PM CST
Mom on Stranger's Kind Act: 'I Cried My Way Up the Aisle'
Good Samaritan offered her his first-class seat when he saw her with baby, oxygen tank on flight
- To the passenger who was in seat 2D on American Airlines Flight 588 on Thursday, America applauds you. As does Kelsey Zwick, a young mom on that same flight with her 11-month-old daughter, Lucy, headed from Orlando to Philly to receive treatment for the baby's chronic lung disease.
Witness: Man on Flight Said
He Wanted to Identify the Jews
Nov 22, 2018 11:30 AM CST
Witness: Man on Flight Said He Wanted to Identify the Jews
David Toaff was arrested after the Delta flight landed in Atlanta
- Delta confirmed that Atlanta police met a flight en route from Reagan Washington National Airport in DC on Wednesday "due to a customer's behavior on board the flight." A passenger who was reportedly on Flight 1822 provided a little more color on Twitter : "Today a man...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Cruise Cancels at Sea, Stranding Passengers
Transportation CEO Steps In Front of Train to His Death
DeSantis: Wish I'd Been 'Much Louder' Against Trump's COVID Move
University President Fired For 'Inappropriate Relationship'
Maxwell Agrees to Revealing Identities of Men in Lawsuit
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.