Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
This Flight Wasn't a Great
Way to Kick Off the Weekend
Nov 12, 2022 8:30 AM CST
This Flight Wasn't a Great Way to Kick Off the Weekend
Frontier Airlines plane makes emergency landing in Atlanta due to threatening man with box cutter: cops
- A flight from Ohio to Florida made an unexpected stop in Atlanta Friday night after witnesses say a hostile passenger was spotted with a box cutter. WLWT reports the incident took place on Frontier Airlines Flight 1761 heading from Cincinnati to Tampa, with the plane landing in the Georgia capital...
Airline Gets Creative in Getting
Travelers to Take Middle Seat
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Oct 29, 2022 12:50 PM CDT
Airline Gets Creative in Getting Travelers to Take Middle Seat
Virgin Australia launches $147K lottery, with prizes each week for those who sit in least desirable spots
- Is there ever anyone who actually
the middle seat during a flight? If there is, we haven't met them, but that may soon change thanks to some coaxing on the matter by Virgin Australia. Per a recent social media poll offered by the airline, a paltry 0.6%...
Oct 27, 2022 1:06 PM CDT
This Bird's Record Flight 'Stretches the Imagination'
Bar-tailed godwit flew 8,435 miles nonstop from Alaska to Australia in 11 days, one hour
- You can imagine how grueling a drive from New York City to Alaska must be. Now picture arriving at your destination in the Last Frontier, then immediately turning around and heading right back to the Big Apple—all without a second driver or stops for food, drink, or bathroom breaks....
There's a New Most-Tracked
Flight in History
Sep 14, 2022 8:17 AM CDT
There's a New Most-Tracked Flight in History
5M people followed queen's journey home to London, per Flightradar24
- The plane carrying the body of Queen Elizabeth II to her home in London just became the most-tracked flight ever—by a long shot. Five million people tracked the Royal Air Force plane as it flew from Edinburgh, Scotland—about 100 miles south of where the queen died at Balmoral...
Woman Says She Was
Banned From Flight After
Using 'Teacher Voice'
Aug 10, 2022 4:11 PM CDT
Woman Says She Was Banned From Flight After Using 'Teacher Voice'
She says American Airlines manager didn't like her tone
- Kyleema Norman, a deputy superintendent at the New York City Department of Education, says she used her "teacher voice" to speak to airline staffers about a delay—and ended up getting barred from her American Airlines flight because a staffer didn't like her tone. Norman tells the
Here's One Thing You Definitely
Don't Want to Hear Midflight
Apr 1, 2022 10:58 AM CDT
Here's One Thing You Definitely Don't Want to Hear Midflight
Delta passengers were told windshield had shattered before being safely diverted
- A flight from Salt Lake City to DC made an unexpected landing this week, with passengers now expressing gratitude that things didn't turn out much worse. While a statement from Delta Air Lines to ABC4 simply notes that the Thursday flight was safely diverted to Denver after a "...
Booted From Flights
Mar 26, 2022 9:30 AM CDT
Officials: Afghan Women Without Male Companions Booted From Flights
Unaccompanied women reportedly turned away from airport in Kabul, Afghanistan, on Friday
- Afghanistan's Taliban rulers refused to allow dozens of women to board several flights, including some overseas, because they were traveling without a male "guardian," two Afghan airline officials said Saturday. The officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said dozens of women who arrived at Kabul's...
With Google's Advice, Boy, 9,
Slips Onto Cross-Country Flight
Mar 5, 2022 4:55 PM CST
With Google's Advice, Boy, 9, Slips Onto Cross-Country Flight
Young sneak was returned safely after 1,677-mile trip in Brazil
- Assuming his parents would be no help, a 9-year-old boy in Brazil turned to Google and searched for "how to get onto a plane unnoticed." Then he did it, winding up 1,677 miles from his hometown of Manaus after a flight to Guarulhos, the
Flight From Canada
to Mexico Makes
Unplanned Stop in Texas
Mar 4, 2022 9:41 AM CST
Flight From Canada to Mexico Makes Unplanned Stop in Texas
Aeromexico flight had to dump 3 unruly passengers after a reportedly drunken face-mask tiff
- Houston, we have a problem. Rather, three of them, and they were all booted from an Aeromexico flight that had to be diverted to the Texas city after a reportedly drunken confrontation over face masks. According to an incident report from the Houston Police Department cited by CNN , Aeromexico Flight...
It's Tough to Get Out of Kabul,
but These Americans Just Did
Jan 27, 2022 6:29 AM CST
It's Tough to Get Out of Kabul, but These Americans Just Did
Charter flight thought to have dozens of US citizens heads to Qatar amid flight groundings by Taliban
- Since November, Americans have had a tough time getting out of Kabul after the Taliban grounded most flights. This week, a chartered flight paid for by the US State Department and run by Qatar's Ministry of Foreign Affairs was finally able to depart the Afghan capital for Qatar with...
4 Hours in Plane
Dec 30, 2021 10:25 AM CST
Woman Spends 4 Hours in Plane Bathroom After Testing Positive
She took rapid test after getting sore throat on Icelandair flight
- A Chicago woman ended up in the Mile High Quarantine Club after she tested positive for COVID-19 on a flight between Newark. NJ, and Iceland. Marisa Fotieo told the
show Wednesday that she went to the bathroom and took a rapid test when her throat started to hurt during...
Delta Flight to China Turns Back
Dec 28, 2021 11:30 AM CST
Delta Flight to China Turns Back
Airline blames new COVID cleaning rules at Shanghai airport
- With coronavirus cases climbing and the Winter Olympics in Beijing nearing, China is rigorously following its zero COVID policies. Delta Air Lines has blamed one of the strategies at the Shanghai airport after a flight from Seattle turned around, midair, last week, rather than continue on to China, CNN reports....
A Flight Landed Safely in
Seattle. Then, an Evacuation
Aug 24, 2021 8:19 AM CDT
A Flight Landed Safely in Seattle. Then, an Evacuation
Passenger's cellphone caught on fire on tarmac at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport
- Passengers usually breathe a sigh of relief once their plane touches down on the runway. For an Alaska Airlines flight arriving in Seattle this week, however, an incident
the aircraft had landed triggered an evacuation: a fire in the cargo hold that officials say was caused by a passenger'...
Flight to Bahamas Nixed
After Teen 'Masked Rebellion'
Jul 7, 2021 11:37 AM CDT
Flight to Bahamas Nixed After Teen 'Masked Rebellion'
Dozens of high schoolers believed to be from Mass. wouldn't mask up, witnesses say
- Passengers on an American Airlines flight out of North Carolina found their vacation to the Bahamas disrupted after what the
New York Post
calls a "masked rebellion" by dozens of teens. WSOC reports that Flight 893, headed to Nassau, was prepping to take off from Charlotte Douglas International Airport...
Plane Lands in Hawaii
With One More Passenger
Than When It Departed
May 3, 2021 8:05 AM CDT
Plane Lands in Hawaii With One More Passenger Than When It Departed
Doctor, 3 neonatal ICU nurses help deliver baby on Delta flight
- Many doctors have had to come to the rescue during a flight to help a sick or hurt passenger, but Dr. Dale Glenn's in-air episode last week was unlike most. "I've experienced this before, and usually they're pretty clear asking if there is a doctor on...
In This Nation, Hello Kitty 'Flight
to Nowhere' Offers an Escape
Aug 4, 2020 7:59 AM CDT
In This Nation, Hello Kitty 'Flight to Nowhere' Offers an Escape
Taiwanese citizens will be able to fly around for 3 hours with no destination on Saturday in Dream jet
- We've heard of cruises to nowhere—but a "flight to nowhere"? That's the plan behind EVA Air's latest gimmick to appeal to Taiwanese citizens who haven't been able to travel outside the country during the coronavirus pandemic. Per CNN , to celebrate Father's Day...
Jul 6, 2020 9:25 AM CDT
After Flight, Senator Slams Airline: 'Incredibly Irresponsible'
Trip on American spurs Jeff Merkley to introduce bill keeping middle seats from being filled in pandemic
- Jeff Merkley flew on American Airlines last week, and he wasn't happy with how his flight went—specifically, on how crowded it was in the midst of the pandemic. "How many Americans will die bc you fill middle seats, w/ your customers shoulder to shoulder, hour after hour,...
Airline Flies to Italy, Forgets
to See if Airport Is Open
May 26, 2020 9:11 AM CDT
Airline Flies to Italy, Forgets to See if Airport Is Open
After 'sightseeing tour,' Eurowings took 2 passengers back to Germany
- A plane carried passengers from Germany to Italy before turning around midair because its intended airport is closed until next month. A spokesperson for German airline Eurowings confirmed the Saturday mix-up, which played out over four hours, per CNN . Flight EW9844 set off from Düsseldorf, intending to make the...
He Found a 'Loophole' for a
'Free' Flight. Now, a Lawsuit
Mar 5, 2020 9:34 AM CST
He Found a 'Loophole' for a 'Free' Flight. Now, a Lawsuit
Brussels Airlines is suing hacker who flew himself, 2 pals to New York for free
- An overseas airline has filed a lawsuit against a hacker who booked a "free" flight from Belgium to New York. The
reports that Brussels Airlines wants $22,000 in damages from the 25-year-old man after he flew himself and two buddies to the US in business class...
New Boeing Jetliner
Takes Off and Lands
Jan 26, 2020 3:15 PM CST
New Boeing Jetliner Takes Off and Lands
The 777X could help revive the struggling company
- Finally, good news for Boeing: Its new jetliner took off, flew, and landed without a hitch. A crowd watched the Boeing 777X (also called the 777-9 and 777-9X) complete its maiden flight north of Seattle on Saturday morning, Reuters reports. But the world's biggest twin-engined jetliner still requires FAA...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Teen Admits Horrific Murder of Classmate, 13
Vendor Serves Up Another 'Insensitive' School Lunch
Musk Is Worried About Himself. So Is His Mom
Western New York Jolted Awake: 'Felt Like a Car Hit My House
Chris Brown Didn't Take His Grammy Loss Well
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.