Jack LaLanne made it to the ripe old age of 96—and those of us with centenarian dreams could take a pointer ... or 10 ... from the fitness guru. The Daily Beast rounds up 10 of LaLanne's health habits worth imitating.
- Wake up before the cock crows: LaLanne started his day at 4am and promptly hit the gym. In his later years, he gave himself a break ... and slept until 5am.
- Cardio counts: Though he was known as a dedicated weight lifter, he didn't skip out on cardio, following his iron-pumping sessions with a 30-minute run and 30-minute swim.
- Say "so long" to lunch: LaLanne only ate two meals a day—breakfast and dinner—with zero snacks in between. Egg whites featured heavily into both meals.
- And forget about burgers: LaLanne says he never touched meat, though he did eat fish.
- And sweets: The last time LaLanne ate a dessert was ... 1929.
Click for five more habits
(Read more Jack LaLanne