As the end of the year approaches, bloggers, journalists, and other writers whip up plenty of end-of-year, top-whatever list. NPR's Linda Holmes creates a list of her own: a look at 20 of the less-than-merry folks who frequent the comment sections of those lists:
- The guy who is 100% right: He's the one who will snipe that your "list of things you thought were good is just your opinion."
- The masochist: The reader who predicted he would despise the "useless" list, clicked on it anyway, read it in its entirety, "and now I know I was right."
- The snoozer: What he wants to say is "your list was so boring it put me to sleep." The comment he opts for: "ZZZZZZZZZ."
- The book lover: The movie is never as good as the book. And what if it's a list of books? "None of the books is as good as books used to be," of course. And down with Kindles!
- The guy who lives in a vacuum: He whines that the choices are so obscure. Example: "The Girl With A Dragon Tattoo sounds like a Dr. Seuss book."
- The really succinct guy: "These blow."
You can check out the full list of holly, jolly personalities over at NPR
. (Read more Internet comments