Odds are, your New Year’s resolution involves losing weight. Most everyone’s does. Well good news: US News & World Report has just released its second annual diet rankings, with the top 25 diets you can jump on to get healthy. The list isn’t haphazard either—the magazine says it spent months combing medical journals, government reports, and more to compile it. Here’s the cream of the crop:
- DASH Diet—It was originally developed to combat high blood pressure, but DASH ranks as the best all-around balanced diet, with loads of nutritional benefits. Just don’t try it if you’ve got a salt tooth.
- TLC Diet—This government-endorsed diet focuses on cutting back on fat, and boasts great nutritional benefits, especially for cardiovascular health.
- Mayo Clinic Diet—This multi-stage diet eases you into a new eating routine, breaking your bad habits. It’s especially effective at fending off diabetes.
- Mediterranean Diet—This sensible dieting mindset scores big with experts thanks to its emphasis on fruits and vegetables and an overall healthy lifestyle.
- Weight Watchers Diet—This household name came in well ahead of the other commercial diet plans, proving both better at helping adherents lose weight and easier to follow.
(Read more US News & World Report