As of this writing, there are more than 16,000 people who care so much about (spoiler alert!) last week's shock Grey's Anatomy death that they have decided to sign a petition entitled, "Bring Dr. Derek 'McDreamy' Shepard BACK!!!" Just a few of our favorite lines from the petition:
- From the organizer: "You have people out here donating blood and organs trying to save lives, wanting to become doctors and all from committing to this television show..just to let us down like this. You've destroyed us. COMPLETELY!"
- "By taking him away you are ruining the lives of all your Fans ... You don't get to play with our us and our feeling as if we were your unimportant dolls that you can you mess with whenever you feel like it."
- "If two plane crashes are possible in one show then at least add another absurd season where they'll all meet in some odd metaphysical way, are happy and Derek is fine - and Mark [Dr. McSteamy, killed off in a previous season] half-naked."
- "Derek and Meredith are what the show is all about... They are life goals and my dreams were crushed when he died!!"
- "Shonda you are extremely talented, successful and creative, please consider making this a dream. Derek has been through enough already. I'll accept an accident and long-term rehabilitation, but not DEATH!"
- "Show that some miracle happens and he wakes up during the post-mortem or something."
- "I not only have watched the show through its live airing, but also have re-watched every episode on Netflix more than 6 times each. ... Taking McDreamy from your loyal and loving fans is like shooting a puppy in front of a classroom of kindergardeners. ... I hope that you know that you have lost thousands of viewers through this cruel and inhumane stunt. ... Also, it is BS that the 'Meredith and Derek' song didn't play during his final moments."
Sadly, all these people are likely to be disappointed; Patrick Dempsey tells Entertainment Weekly
he has no plans to return to the show. Click to read what series creator Shonda Rhimes has to say on the matter
. (Read more Grey's Anatomy