Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama are bragging about which states they might flip. The Washington Post’s Chris Cillizza has a top-10 list, ranked in order (only New Hampshire and Minnesota appear headed red):
- Iowa: The Democrats get “HUGE” points for their diligence in primary season, while John McCain was AWOL.
- New Mexico: It’s all about savvy Bill Richardson’s influence. The Land of Enchantment is always a virtual tie.
- Nevada: One of the fastest-growing states, Nevada’s always shifting. Dems' attention in the newly early primary helps.
- Colorado: The Centennial State has the biggest head of progressive steam in the country.
- Ohio: Recent elections have shown a blue streak, but the GOP has skills on the ground.
- Virginia: Mac’s military base will help him, but the northern suburbs are booming with new lefties.
- New Hampshire: McCain is simply beloved in the Granite State.
- Florida: Republicans still have the upper hand, but Candidate Clinton would surge here.
- Minnesota: If Gov. Tim Pawlenty gets the veep spot, this close call could turn red.
- Missouri: Show Me-ers are socially conservative, but have a popular new Dem senator.
(Read more Hillary Clinton