Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 21 - 40 |
Process Server Thinks He Saw
Neo-Nazi in Grocery Store
Dec 29, 2017 10:00 AM CST
Process Server Thinks He Saw Neo-Nazi in Grocery Store
But Andrew Anglin swears that he's in Nigeria, not Ohio
- Andrew Anglin, founder of a neo-Nazi website notorious for its racist internet trolling campaigns, has dubiously claimed he lives in Nigeria. A process server swears he recently spotted The Daily Stormer's publisher at a grocery store in his native Ohio. Anglin's whereabouts—a key issue in a pair...
'Outspoken Neo-Nazi' Teen Boy
Charged With Killing Ex's Family
Dec 25, 2017 12:23 AM CST
'Outspoken Neo-Nazi' Teen Boy Charged With Killing Ex's Family
Parents feared he was trying to indoctrinate their daughter
- Fairfax police have charged a 17-year-old boy with the murder of his ex-girlfriend’s parents. Buckley Kuhn-Fricker and Scott Fricker were shot dead in their Virginia home early Friday, reports the
. Fairfax County Police Department’s initial investigations revealed that the unidentified teen entered the home and was...
Says He Was Fired
Nov 30, 2017 3:16 AM CST
Nazi Sympathizer in
Profile Says He Was Fired
Tony Horvater says he has been forced to move
- A Hitler fan in the heartland says he has lost his restaurant job in the wake of a controversial
New York Times
profile and has been forced to move out of his home. Ohio resident Tony Horvater, described by the
as "the Nazi sympathizer next door," tells...
New York Times
Triggers Big Backlash
Nov 27, 2017 7:18 AM CST
New York Times
Nazi Story Triggers Big Backlash
Newspaper explains rationale behind profile, regrets offending people
New York Times
story over the weekend caused such a ruckus that the newspaper has responded publicly. But this one wasn't about politics or sexual harassment—the story in question was a profile of Ohio resident Tony Hovater, a white nationalist and Nazi sympathizer who took part in...
Man Wearing Swastika
Gets Knocked Out in Seattle
Sep 19, 2017 4:57 PM CDT
Man Wearing Swastika Gets Knocked Out in Seattle
Witnesses say he was harassing people downtown
- A man wearing a swastika armband was knocked out cold on the streets of Seattle Sunday after reportedly instigating fights in the city's downtown area. Police say they were on the scene within minutes of the fights being reported, but arrived to find the man already unconscious on the...
Web's Oldest Neo-Nazi
Site Taken Offline
Aug 29, 2017 6:43 PM CDT
Web's Oldest Neo-Nazi Site Taken Offline
After 22 years, Stormfront booted by domain provider
- Following in the footsteps of fellow white supremacist site DailyStormer , Stormfront has been shut down by its domain provider, TechCrunch reports. Stormfront, the oldest neo-Nazi site on the internet, has been registered at Network Solutions since 1995. But Network Solutions took the site offline after the Lawyer's Committee for...
Man Made Up
for 'Nazi' Haircut
Aug 29, 2017 12:02 AM CDT
Man Made Up Story About Being Stabbed for 'Nazi' Haircut
Joshua Witt actually just sliced his own hand while opening his new knife: cops
- A 26-year-old man who became a minor cause célèbre on conservative media after he claimed he was stabbed by an African-American man for looking "like a neo-nazi" actually stabbed himself by accident, police in Colorado say. On August 16, Joshua Witt claimed he had been attacked outside...
1st White House
in Protest of Trump
Aug 18, 2017 12:42 PM CDT
1st White House Department Quits in Protest of Trump Comments
The President's Committee on the Arts and Humanities is out
- The first White House department has resigned in protest of President Trump's comments on neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and Charlottesville, Politico reports. The President's Committee on the Arts and Humanities—which includes actor Kal Penn, as well as artists, authors, and more—sent a letter to Trump Friday announcing...
Johnny Cash's Kids
in Cash Shirt
Aug 17, 2017 12:33 AM CDT
Johnny Cash's Kids Slam Neo-Nazi in Cash Shirt
'We were sickened by the association'
- The Man in Black was not a fan of the guys in white hoods, Johnny Cash's children said after video surfaced of a neo-Nazi protester in Charlottesville wearing a T-shirt with their father's name. "We were sickened by the association," the late country legend's five...
Victim's Mom Thanks Trump,
but Critics Unswayed
Aug 14, 2017 3:26 PM CDT
Victim's Mom Thanks Trump, but Critics Unswayed
President denounces white supremacists, calls racism 'evil'
- President Trump on Monday specifically condemned white supremacist groups in the wake of the weekend's deadly violence in Charlottesville, Va. The key quote: "Racism is evil, and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups...
Neo-Nazi Site Hit by GoDaddy,
Anonymous for 'Obscene' Post
Aug 14, 2017 8:17 AM CDT
Neo-Nazi Site Hit by GoDaddy, Anonymous for 'Obscene' Post
Daily Stormer violated its terms of service after article on Va. victim
- GoDaddy gave the Daily Stormer the boot for violating its terms of service after the white supremacist website published an inflammatory article that used "sexist and obscene language" about Heather Heyer, the 32-year-old killed in a white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, Va., per the
Arizona Republic .
GoDaddy has been...
White House Elaborates on
Trump's Charlottesville Words
Aug 13, 2017 1:35 PM CDT
White House Elaborates on Trump's Charlottesville Words
Some see an attempt to defend, others to clarify
- Much has been made about President Trump's decision to place blame "on many sides" in his initial comments about the violence in Charlottesville, Virginia, this weekend, rather than specifically denounce white supremacists by name. The White House was out with a statement on Sunday that the Hill frames...
White Nationalists March
on University of Virginia
Aug 12, 2017 10:22 AM CDT
White Nationalists March on University of Virginia
Officials are worried about violence at neo-Nazi rally Saturday
- Neo-Nazis, white nationalists, and other members of the alt-right clashed with counter-protesters Friday night at the University of Virginia ahead of what the Southern Poverty Law Center says could be the "largest hate-gathering of its kind in decades in the United States," CNN reports. Images from Charlottesville, Virginia,...
Raid on 'Cesspool' Yields
Drugs, Nazi Propaganda
Aug 10, 2017 1:39 AM CDT
Raid on 'Cesspool' Yields Drugs, Nazi Propaganda
5 arrested in central Florida
- A raid on a mobile home described as a "cesspool" by police in central Florida yielded drugs, guns, and propaganda from a group called the American Nazi Family. The Pasco County Sheriff's Office named the suspects as Alexander Nowokunski, 33; Gabrielle Price, 24; Steven Crumbley, 31; Melinda Zalneraitis,...
Airbnb Makes Big Move Against
Alt-Right Rally Attendees
Aug 8, 2017 9:45 AM CDT
Airbnb Makes Big Move Against Alt-Right Rally Attendees
Service cancels bookings for those coming to Charlottesville 'Unite the Right' event
- An alt-right rally planned in a Charlottesville, Va., park Saturday is a follow-up to protests in May against the removal of a Confederate statue there . But those attending may have to rebook their lodgings: After Airbnb got wind of large groups making reservations through its system to ostensibly attend the...
Site Raises $150K for Founder
of Neo-Nazi Site
Jun 7, 2017 11:54 AM CDT
Site Raises $150K for Founder of Neo-Nazi Site
To help Daily Stormer's Andrew Anglin in suit filed by Tanya Gersh for 'campaign of terror'
- Crowdfunded donations to Andrew Anglin, founder of the neo-Nazi site the Daily Stormer, have reached $150,000 to help pay for his legal defense in a lawsuit filed by the Southern Poverty Law Center. Per the
Los Angeles Times
, it took under two months to raise the money on the...
His Match: A Girl Scout
May 4, 2017 11:51 AM CDT
Neo-Nazi Meets His Match: A Girl Scout
Lucie Myslíková, 16, applauded for her courage
- Confronted with a neo-Nazi in the Czech Republic, a 16-year-old Girl Scout stood her ground, engaging the man in a heated debate. But it's a "powerful" photo of the exchange that now has people talking, per
. Police tell the
some 150 neo-Nazis had gathered for...
Norway Mass Killer Doesn't
Have It So Bad: Appeals Court
Mar 1, 2017 11:07 AM CST
Norway Mass Killer Doesn't Have It So Bad: Appeals Court
Anders Behring Breivik isn't being kept in 'inhuman' conditions, court rules
- Anders Behring Breivik isn't being kept in inhuman conditions after all. An Oslo court had agreed last April with the Norwegian mass killer's contention that his imprisonment was "degrading," mainly because he was kept in almost total isolation from other prisoners. On Wednesday, however, an appeals...
Neo-Nazi Blogger Had
a Secret Jewish Wife
Jan 18, 2017 8:03 AM CST
Neo-Nazi Blogger Had a Secret Jewish Wife
Mike Peinovich has resigned from The Right Stuff
- The founder of a neo-Nazi blog and major figure in the alt-right movement has resigned after he was revealed to have a Jewish wife. A post published on Medium over the weekend claimed Mike Enoch of The Right Stuff—whose
podcast has 100,000 subscribers—is actually Mike...
in Mont. Town
Dec 19, 2016 2:16 PM CST
Neo-Nazi Site: 'Take Action' Against Jews in Mont. Town
Mother of hate group leader Richard Spencer owns building there, says she's being harassed
- An ominous call to troll Jewish residents online in a Montana town has been issued by a white supremacist website, apparently because the mom of a hate-group leader owns a building there. The
reports that in Whitefish, where Sherry Spencer, mother of National Policy Institute head Richard Spencer—described...
Stories 21 - 40 |
Popular on Newser
Great Barrier Reef Just 'Gave Birth'
New COVID Variant Is a 'Big Jump in Evolution'
Snowboarding Legend Dies in Filming Accident
WHO Names Variant; US Issues Travel Restrictions
Wrongfully Jailed at 18, He's Now a Millionaire
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.