Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 21 - 40 |
Guns Used in Massacre Had
Reference to 11-Year-Old Girl
Mar 15, 2019 1:28 PM CDT
Guns Used in Massacre Had Reference to 11-Year-Old Girl
She was killed in 2017 terror attack, and her father is angry gunman cited her
- Stories are filtering in about what took place Friday during the mass shootings at two mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand, that killed at least 49, and by all accounts they're terrifying. ABC News reports on worshippers diving under benches and leaping over fences to get away from the gunfire,...
Duterte Vows to 'Crush
Who Bombed Church
Jan 27, 2019 9:21 AM CST
Duterte Vows to 'Crush Godless Criminals' Who Bombed Church
20 dead as twin bombs go off during Mass at cathedral
- Two bombs tore through a Roman Catholic cathedral on a southern Philippine island where Muslim militants are active, killing at least 20 people and wounding 111 others during Sunday Mass. Witnesses said the first blast inside the Jolo cathedral sent churchgoers, some wounded, to stampede out the main door. Army...
'All the Terrorists
Have Been Eliminated'
Jan 16, 2019 12:11 AM CST
'All the Terrorists Have Been Eliminated'
Kenya's president says 14 people were killed in attack on luxury hotel
- Kenyan President Uhuru Kenyatta says 14 people were killed in Tuesday's attack on a hotel complex in the capital and the operation to neutralize the attackers is now over. Kenyatta did not say Wednesday how many attackers were involved. He urged Kenyans to "go back to work without...
3 Stabbed in Manchester
NYE 'Terror Attack'
Jan 1, 2019 7:34 AM CST
3 Stabbed in Manchester NYE 'Terror Attack'
Witnesses say attacker shouted Islamic slogans
- Police in the English city of Manchester say they are treating the New Year's Eve stabbing of three people as a terrorist incident. Greater Manchester Chief Constable Ian Hopkins said two people suffered "very serious" injuries in the attack and remain in the hospital receiving treatment, the AP...
Video Captures Aftermath
of Strasbourg Shootout
Dec 14, 2018 2:58 AM CST
Video Captures Aftermath of Strasbourg Shootout
Mass shooting suspect Cherif Chekatt was killed
- The immediate aftermath of the shootout between French security forces and the suspect in the Strasbourg attack has been caught on camera from across the street, with video footage showing armed officers at the scene and the body of the man slumped in a doorway. More officers arrive at the...
France Hunts Gunman
After Mass Shooting
Dec 12, 2018 6:32 AM CST
France Hunts Gunman After Mass Shooting
'Radicalized' suspect may have fled to Germany
- French authorities are hunting Cherif Chekatt, the suspect believed to have killed three people in a mass shooting near a Christmas market Tuesday night. Officials say the 29-year-old suspect was wounded in a gunfight with soldiers after the Strasbourg attack but escaped. The suspect has a long criminal record and...
An Hours-Long Shootout at
Chinese Consulate in Pakistan
Nov 23, 2018 2:12 AM CST
An Hours-Long Shootout at Chinese Consulate in Pakistan
2 cops, 3 attackers killed in Karachi
- Three gunmen stormed the Chinese consulate in Pakistan's southern port city of Karachi on Friday, triggering an intense, hour-long shootout during which two police officers and all the assailants were killed, officials say. All the Chinese diplomats and staff at the consulate were safe and were not harmed during...
Tsarnaev Tried to Make a Deal
in Order to Save His Life
Nov 22, 2018 1:33 AM CST
Tsarnaev Tried to Make a Deal in Order to Save His Life
Boston Marathon bomber promised 'certain kinds of cooperation'
- Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev tried to make a deal to save his life but prosecutors turned him down, according to newly unsealed court documents. The documents state that in the course of plea negotiations, Tsarnaev "offered to provide certain kinds of cooperation and assistance" and a guilty plea...
Bad News for Homeless Guy
Who Thwarted Terror Attack
Nov 17, 2018 12:30 PM CST
Bad News for Homeless Guy Who Thwarted Terror Attack
Michael Rogers turned himself in on theft charges
- A homeless Australian man who shot to fame after using a shopping trolley to help police thwart last week's militant attack in Melbourne has been charged over a series of burglaries, the AP reports. Michael Rogers was hailed as a hero and dubbed "Trolleyman" on social media after...
London Crash Being
Treated as Terrorist Attack
Aug 15, 2018 12:01 AM CDT
London Crash Being Treated as Terrorist Attack
Suspect wasn't known to security agencies
- The crash that injured three people outside Britain's Houses of Parliament on Tuesday is being treated as a terrorist attack, police in London say—but the suspect does not appear to have been on authorities' radar. The 29-year-old man isn't known to counterterrorism or spy agencies and is...
Car Slams Into Cyclists,
Parliament Barriers in London
Aug 14, 2018 2:39 AM CDT
Car Slams Into Cyclists, Parliament Barriers in London
Driver arrested on suspicion of terrorism; 2 taken to hospital
- A car slammed into barriers outside Britain's Houses of Parliament on Tuesday morning, injuring at least two pedestrians, police in London say. The male driver has been arrested on suspicion of terrorism, reports the
. Witnesses saw officers surround the car before the man was taken away in handcuffs....
Storm Indonesia Police HQ
May 16, 2018 12:33 AM CDT
Sword-Wielding Men Storm Indonesia Police HQ
Officers shot, killed 4 after latest militant attack
- Indonesian police have shot dead four sword-wielding men who attacked a police headquarters in Sumatra, killing one officer in the latest in a spate of militant attacks across the Muslim-majority country. National police spokesman Setyo Wasisto says the men attacked officers Wednesday after driving a minivan into Riau province's...
2nd Family Carries Out
Indonesia Suicide Attack
May 14, 2018 2:52 AM CDT
2nd Family Carries Out Indonesia Suicide Attack
Police say church attack family spent time in Syria
- Horror in Indonesia: For the second time in two days, a suicide bombing was carried out by an entire family, including a child, police say. Authorities say an 8-year-old girl was among five family members who attacked police headquarters in the city of Surabaya on Monday morning, the
Fake Terror Attack
Sends Shoppers Screaming
May 10, 2018 9:00 PM CDT
Fake Terror Attack Sends Shoppers Screaming
All to promote a film about the Islamic State
- A new generation of YouTube stars are staging prank terror attacks in public and angering a few people along the way, the
reports. On Tuesday men stormed a mall in Iran wearing black Islamic State garb and crying "Allahu Akbar"—causing some shoppers to scream in terror...
French Politician Arrested for
Cheering Death of Hero Cop
Mar 26, 2018 2:34 AM CDT
French Politician Arrested for Cheering Death of Hero Cop
Tweets got him kicked out of far-left party
- A far-left French politician who celebrated the death of a heroic police officer has been arrested and chucked out of the "France Unbowed" party. Stephane Poussier tweeted that the death of Lt. Col. Arnaud Beltrame, who traded places with a hostage held by an Islamic extremist, was "great"...
NYC Fights 'Disgusting'
Acts With $50M Plan
Jan 3, 2018 2:14 AM CST
NYC Fights 'Disgusting' Acts With $50M Plan
Security bollards are designed to prevent ramming attacks
- "When a vehicle plows into a group of innocent pedestrians, it's disgusting," New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio said Tuesday, announcing a plan to install 1,500 new security bollards to protect pedestrians from vehicle ramming attacks like the one that killed eight people on Halloween...
FBI Says It Foiled Christmas
Terror Attack in San Francisco
Dec 22, 2017 4:19 PM CST
FBI Says It Foiled Christmas Terror Attack in San Francisco
Former Marine allegedly planned terror attack on Pier 39 with explosives, rifle
- A 26-year-old California man was arrested this week and charged Friday with attempting to provide material support for terrorism after he allegedly planned a Christmas suicide attack on San Francisco's Pier 39 in the name of the Islamic State, CBS News reports. Everitt Jameson of Modesto was reported for...
NYC Bombing Suspect
Came to US in 2011
Dec 12, 2017 1:43 AM CST
NYC Bombing Suspect Came to US in 2011
Akayed Ullah carried bomb on 55-minute subway ride
- The man accused of detonating a bomb in a subway corridor near Times Square Monday morning carried the device strapped to himself on a 55-minute subway ride from his Brooklyn home, law enforcement officials say. Akayed Ullah, who came to the US from Bangladesh in 2011, injured himself and three...
Scope of Attack in Egypt
Just Keeps Getting Worse
Nov 25, 2017 7:30 AM CST
Scope of Attack in Egypt Just Keeps Getting Worse
More than 300 dead in mosque assault by up to 30 extremists
- Egypt on Saturday said an attack on a mosque by militants in the country's troubled region of northern Sinai has killed 305 worshipers, including 27 children, a dramatic increase in the death toll previously announced, which was 235. A statement by the country's chief prosecutor, Nabil Sadeq, said...
Parents Plan to Sue NYC Over
'Preventable' Terror Death
Nov 22, 2017 1:00 AM CST
Parents Plan to Sue NYC Over 'Preventable' Terror Death
City failed to secure bike path, lawyer says
- The parents of one of eight people killed in New York City's deadliest terrorist attack since 9/11 are planning to sue the city and three agencies for "gross negligence" that put their son at risk. Rosemarie Arnold, an attorney for the parents of 32-year-old Darren Drake, filed a...
Stories 21 - 40 |
Popular on Newser
Great Barrier Reef Just 'Gave Birth'
New COVID Variant Is a 'Big Jump in Evolution'
Snowboarding Legend Dies in Filming Accident
WHO Names Variant; US Issues Travel Restrictions
Wrongfully Jailed at 18, He's Now a Millionaire
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.