Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
NOLA Cops: 1 Killed, 9 Hurt in Bourbon Street Shootings
'This was the wrong place to bring firearms,' says police superintendent
- New Orleans Police say one man is dead and nine others injured following a shooting in the French Quarter, reports the AP . Police Superintendent Michael Harrison said during a news conference that officers responded about 1:30am Sunday to the shooting at the intersection of Iberville and Bourbon streets. Harrison...
4 Hurt in Bourbon St. Shooting
One critically; police investigate as Mardi Gras partying quickly resumes
- Gunshots and then screams erupted in a French Quarter crowd celebrating the countdown to Mardi Gras, and police who released a bystander's video footage early today said four people had been wounded in the Bourbon Street shooting after an argument involving revelers. Authorities did not immediately say if any...
Lawsuit: Let Me Preach on Bourbon Street at Night
New Orleans currently forbids it
- A street preacher is challenging an ordinance in New Orleans that restricts religious or political speech on the city's famous, raucous Bourbon Street after dark. In his federal lawsuit, New Orleans pastor Paul Gros claimed the city's "aggressive solicitation" ordinance sets unconstitutional limits on free speech. Gros...
Houston Energy Exec Disappears in New Orleans
Police consider foul play a possibility
- Police suspect foul play in the disappearance of a Houston energy executive in New Orleans, though they admit they have little to go on. Douglas Schantz, president of Sequent Energy Management, was last seen in a bar on Bourbon Street around 2am on Friday, the
Wall Street Journal
Your Guide to the Big Game
From why everyone feels disrespected to who wins
- If you’re just getting up to speed on Sunday’s Super Bowl between the New Orleans Saints and Indianapolis Colts, Jason Gay has the insider’s guide to America’s “overcooked spectacle” of an homage to ancient Rome:
The overarching theme is disrespect. The Saints feel it because
New Orleans Is New, New, New Again
Big Easy is back and business is booming
- No more pungent Bourbon Street or trashed French Quarter: Residents are returning, business is booming, and New Orleans is new again. Forbes Traveler offers compelling reasons to revisit the Big Easy:
Royal Sonesta Hotel
, with its tasty oysters and cool outdoor bar.
Swizzle Sticks Bar
, which offers
Popular on Newser
Actress to Will Smith: 'I Lost Everything'
'I've Had It!' The Wisconsin Recount Gets Ugly
Mass Shooting Suspect Grins in Mug Shot
PSA From Family Sickened by COVID: 'We Feel Guilty'
Controversial Trump Lawyer Gets the Boot
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.