Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Jul 22, 2018 10:40 AM CDT
FBI Releases Top-Secret Wiretapping Request in Russia Probe
The FBI thought Russians were recruiting Carter Page
- Thought Carter Page was just a kooky dream you had? Not so: The FBI released Saturday a redacted version of its FISA warrant to wiretap the former Trump campaign advisor, the
New York Times
reports. "This application targets Carter Page," the document reads. "The FBI believes Page...
Report: Feds Wiretapped Trump
Campaign Chief Manafort
Sep 19, 2017 6:33 AM CDT
Report: Feds Wiretapped Trump Campaign Chief Manafort
Agents picked lock before July raid on Va. home
- The FBI was listening in on Paul Manafort's conversations long before he became chief of the Trump campaign and it wiretapped him again as part of the investigation of alleged Russian election meddling, source say. The insiders tell CNN that Manafort was initially wiretapped under a secret court order...
How Israel Plotted
to Nab 'Angel of Death'
Sep 6, 2017 11:35 AM CDT
How Israel Plotted to Nab 'Angel of Death'
Mossad never captured Nazi doctor Josef Mengele
- A trove of documents set to be released this week reveals the schemes Israel used to try to capture Holocaust "Angel of Death" Josef Mengele. Mossad agents crafted elaborate plots, including wiretapping, break-ins, and a honey trap,
reports, via the
Times of Israel
Sep 2, 2017 4:46 PM CDT
Justice Dept: No Evidence Obama Wiretapped Trump Tower
According to new court filing
- In a court filing Friday night, the Justice Department revealed it has no evidence of President Obama wiretapping Trump Tower ahead of the election—despite President Trump's claims to the contrary , CNN reports. "Both FBI and [the Justice Department's national security division] confirm that they have no...
Lawsuit Accuses Bose
Headphones of Spying on Us
Apr 21, 2017 7:15 AM CDT
Lawsuit Accuses Bose Headphones of Spying on Us
Or, of spying on those users who downloaded the Bose Connect app
- Sometimes apps enhance products, but sometimes they also unlock access to a user's private activity. (Remember those vibrators ?) A lawsuit filed in Chicago Tuesday alleges that headphone maker Bose is doing just that with its Bose Connect app—spying on its consumers' listening habits and gathering data it...
New Figure in Trump
Surveillance Story: Susan Rice
Apr 4, 2017 9:16 AM CDT
New Figure in Trump Surveillance Story: Susan Rice
Right and left disagree on how big a deal this is
- Former Obama national security adviser Susan Rice is back in the news again , this time regarding President Trump's wiretapping allegations. On the right, she is being accused of abusing her power while in office to "unmask," for political advantage, the names of Trump associates caught up in...
House Hearing Called
'Worst Day' for Trump
Mar 21, 2017 5:29 AM CDT
House Hearing Called 'Worst Day' for Trump
He took 'double blow' from Comey testimony
- After FBI Director James Comey both contradicted President Trump's claim that he was wiretapped by his predecessor and confirmed that the bureau is probing his campaign's links to Moscow, critics including MSNBC's Joe Scarborough called it the "worst day" of the Trump presidency so far. The...
Fox Drops Analyst Who Said
Brits Helped Wiretap Trump
Mar 21, 2017 3:55 AM CDT
Fox Drops Analyst Who Said Brits Helped Wiretap Trump
Andrew Napolitano has been benched, sources say
- The Fox legal analyst who claimed that a British intelligence agency helped former President Barack Obama wiretap Trump Tower won't be analyzing anything else for the network in the near future: Insiders tell the AP and the
Los Angeles Times
that Andrew Napolitano has been "benched" by Fox...
Comey Could Throw Water on
Trump's Wiretap Claims Today
Mar 20, 2017 5:18 AM CDT
Comey Could Throw Water on Trump's Wiretap Claims Today
FBI director will testify before House committee
- FBI Director James Comey testifies before the House Intelligence Committee on Monday and there may be some angry tweets from the White House soon afterward: Comey is widely expected to tell lawmakers that there is no evidence to support President Trump's claim that former President Obama had him wiretapped,...
White House Not Apologizing to
UK for Spying Claim After All
Mar 17, 2017 6:55 PM CDT
White House Not Apologizing to UK for Spying Claim After All
Meanwhile Trump is trying to skirt responsibility for the claim
- Not so fast: After reports the White House—specifically Sean Spicer and national security adviser HR McMaster—had apologized to the British government for claiming it helped Barack Obama spy on President Trump, the White House now says no such apology ever took place, CNN reports. "I don't...
In Unusual Move, British Spies
Respond to Sean Spicer
Mar 17, 2017 6:31 AM CDT
In Unusual Move, British Spies Respond to Sean Spicer
GCHQ issues statement on White House allegation
- James Bond was not working with Barack Obama to spy on Donald Trump, or so say British spy chiefs after the White House cited a report that claimed Obama had asked UK intelligence agency GCHQ to carry out surveillance at Trump Tower. The allegations cited by press secretary Sean Spicer...
Top Senators Reject
Trump Wiretap Claim
Mar 17, 2017 12:09 AM CDT
Top Senators Reject Trump Wiretap Claim
White House stands by accusation
- The White House is standing by its explosive allegation that former President Barack Obama ordered the wiretapping of Trump Tower phones—despite the Senate Intelligence Committee's finding that there's no evidence for the claim. "Based on the information available to us, we see no indications that Trump...
Mar 16, 2017 12:48 PM CDT
Breitbart Editor Explains His Wiretapping Story
Joel Pollak wrote piece after hearing radio's Mark Levin lay out theory
- As the Trump wiretapping hubbub continues to hover, NBC's Chuck Todd has offered some insight on where the president may have come up with his theory. On Wednesday's
Meet the Press Daily
, Todd chatted with Breitbart News editor Joel Pollak , author of a connect-the-dots piece on the site...
Mar 15, 2017 1:28 PM CDT
Intel Chief: 'Clearly President Was Wrong' on Wiretap
Devin Nunes says HIC has found no evidence for Trump's claims
- Within a half-hour span on the morning of March 4, President Trump laid out a stunning series of tweets that made some serious accusations : namely, that then-President Obama had tapped his phones in Trump Tower shortly before the election. On Wednesday, the head of the House Intelligence Committee offered that...
Feds Seek More Time to
Prove Trump Wiretap Claim
Mar 14, 2017 6:45 AM CDT
Feds Seek More Time to Prove Trump Wiretap Claim
'Wiretapping' means lots of things, Spicer says
- The Justice Department has asked for more time to grant the House Intelligence Committee's request for proof of President Trump's extraordinary claim that he was wiretapped by his predecessor . A department spokeswoman says they need time "to review the request in compliance with the governing legal authorities...
Conway Brings Up 'Spying'
Microwaves, Media Pounce
Mar 13, 2017 8:41 AM CDT
Conway Brings Up 'Spying' Microwaves, Media Pounce
Says she was talking about surveillance in general after media claw at comments
- She may have been speaking from her home in New Jersey, but Kellyanne Conway put the focus back on NYC's Trump Tower on Sunday. In an interview with the Bergen County
, Conway was asked about President Trump's allegations that Trump Tower was wiretapped by the Obama administration,...
House, McCain Demand
Evidence of Trump Wiretap
Mar 13, 2017 2:28 AM CDT
House, McCain Demand Evidence of Trump Wiretap
Senator says president should withdraw claim if there's no proof
- The House Intelligence Committee is asking the Trump administration for evidence that the phones at Trump Tower were tapped during the campaign as its namesake has charged . The request was reinforced Sunday by Sen. John McCain who says the president must either come up with the evidence or retract his...
FBI Chief Steps Into Trump
Mar 6, 2017 6:23 AM CST
FBI Chief Steps Into Trump Wiretapping Controversy
James Comey asks DoJ to publicly reject claim
- FBI Director James Comey has waded into the controversy surrounding President Trump's claim that he was wiretapped by former President Obama last fall, the
New York Times
reports. Officials say Comey has asked the Justice Department to publicly reject Trump's explosive claim, both because he believes it's...
How Trump Arrived
at His Wiretap Allegations
Mar 5, 2017 4:13 PM CST
How Trump Arrived at His Wiretap Allegations
Articles in Heat Street, BBC appear to be the key ones
- So where did President Trump's bombshell accusation that his predecessor tapped his phones come from? The White House tells the Fact Checker blog at the
that he's relying on reports "from BBC, Heat Street,
New York Times
, Fox News, among others.” After an analysis,...
'I Can Deny It'
TALK SHOW ROUNDUP
Mar 5, 2017 9:53 AM CST
Ex-DNI Clapper on Trump's Wiretap Claim: 'I Can Deny It'
James Clapper says he would have known if FISA had authorized such a move
- The man who was the director of national intelligence until January 20 wasted little time in shooting down President Trump's claim that former President Obama's administration wiretapped Trump Tower during the 2016 election, reports the AP . "There was no such wiretap activity mounted against the president, the...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Congress' $7.5B for EV Chargers Has Yielded Zero Chargers
Judge Sentences Woman to Work in Fast-Food Restaurant
Gunman Kills 3 at UNLV, Critically Wounds Another
UNLV Shooter Was a 67-Year-Old Professor: Sources
Here's What Happens When You Go Vegan for a Month
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.