Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
for 8 Years
Is Back Home
Oct 10, 2022 10:10 AM CDT
Horse That Ran Wild for 8 Years Is Back Home
'It's crazy,' says owner of Mongo in Utah
- It's not too unusual to hear stories about lost dogs being reunited with their families after long stretches. Cats, too . But stallions? Such is the case in northwestern Utah, where Mongo the horse is back home after eight years of roaming the desert with his wild cousins, reports KUTV...
On the Western Plains, a
Debate on America's Mustangs
Aug 18, 2021 8:32 AM CDT
On the Western Plains, a Debate on America's Mustangs
Roundups of free-ranging horses said to be due to drought, but activists are protesting the move
- The sound of the helicopter propeller thundered across the horizon as it dipped down toward mustangs dotting the golden brown plain. The horses burst into a gallop at the machine's approach, their high-pitched whinnies rising into the dry air. That helicopter roundup in the mountains of western Utah removed...
Feds to Sterilize Wild Mustangs
Oct 8, 2009 6:19 AM CDT
Feds to Sterilize Wild Mustangs
Thousands of wild horses to be shifted east to reduce strain on federal land
- Tens of thousands of wild horses are to be sterilized and shifted from range land in the West to preserves in the Midwest and East under plans announced yesterday. The move will help manage the unsustainable numbers of horses and burros roaming free in Western states without having to resort...
Jul 20, 2008 8:27 AM CDT
Battle Rages Over Culling Mustang Herd
Proposed euthanasia of growing wild horse population sparks debate
- In the debate over how to deal with America's wild mustang herds, both sides claim to have the animals' best interests at heart. Federal agency officials tasked with protecting the horses say the most humane—and economical—course is to euthanize some so the rest don't starve. But activists see...
Gov't Is Mucking Up
Jul 2, 2008 1:54 PM CDT
Gov't Is Mucking Up Mustang's Fate
Cash-strapped BLM wants to cull herd, 'a protected symbol of freedom'
- The cash-strapped Bureau of Land Management is considering culling the wild horse population in the West, and at least one equine advocate is not pleased,
reports. In an interview, expert and author Deanne Stillman calls the plan to reduce the population of 30,000 wild and 33,000 corralled...
Popular on Newser
She Was Behind Some of Fleetwood Mac's Biggest Hits
Black Guest Badgered by Staff Member at Palace Event
Country Singer, 37, Dies in His Sleep on Wedding Night
After Serving 8 Years, Infomercial Pitchman Could Be Jailed Again
A Sleeping Giant Awakes, With Plenty of Spectators
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.