Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
The Coronavirus Pandemic
Confirmed US cases: 5,254,000+ »
Read our complete coverage here »
Stories 1 - 20 |
'Mad Mike' Hughes Dies in Rocket Crash
Daredevil wanted to take photos showing the Earth is flat
- Daredevil Mike Hughes was killed Saturday when a rocket he'd built crashed in the California desert. "The parachute ripped off at launch," a witness said. "So the rocket went straight up in an arc and came straight down" with Hughes still in it, the
Daredevil Just Climbed This With Only His Hands
The Shard in London is one of Europe's tallest buildings
- A free climber in London has scaled one of the tallest buildings in Europe. The man who climbed The Shard in London Monday morning was spoken to by police after he made his ascent but hasn't been arrested, per the AP . The building is 1,017 feet high, and...
Daredevil Dies in Fall From 62-Story Building
Wu Yongning had reportedly posted more than 300 videos of his 'rooftopping' feats
- He was famous on social media, then went silent. Now Wu Yongning's fans have learned why he stopped posting in November. The BBC reports that the Chinese daredevil, known for posting videos of himself at the top of tall buildings scaled without safety devices, is confirmed to have died...
Daredevils Jump From Mountain Into a Plane
Vince Reffet, Fred Fugen pay homage to fellow French base jumper
- Vince Reffet initially thought the stunt would be relatively easy. He soon learned that base jumping from a 13,000-foot mountain peak, gliding and hitting a target little bigger than a body is the opposite of easy. After two months of training, however, that's exactly what Reffet and fellow...
Daredevil Who Did the Unthinkable at Everest Is Dead
Valery Rozov was 52
- Leaping from a 22,349-foot-high mountain proved to be as dangerous as it sounds for Valery Rozov: The Russian base jumper died Saturday in an accident on Himalayan peak Ama Dablam. The AFP reports Rozov's death came while he was undertaking a "seven summits" quest that involved base...
Daredevil's 'Very Peculiar' Death Leaves Cops Perplexed
For one, they have no idea what happened to Misty the boa constrictor
- "I still have lots of questions," New York State Park Police Detective Sgt. Brian Nisbet tells the
. For one thing, where is Misty the 7-foot-long boa constrictor? Nisbet is investigating the April 19 death of daredevil Kirk Jones, who was in his early 50s. Jones went...
2nd Attempt at Going Over Niagara Kills Daredevil
Police believe Kirk R. Jones was trying to go over it in an inflatable ball
- A Florida man tempted fate twice, and the second time proved his undoing: New York State Park Police on Thursday said the body of Kirk R. Jones of Spring Hill had been recovered from the Niagara River near the mouth of Lake Ontario roughly two weeks earlier. Syracuse.com reports...
Wallenda's Teeth-Hanging Record Broken—by His Wife
Erendira Wallenda performs stunt 300 feet above Niagara Falls
- Those wild Wallendas: Erendira Wallenda, the aerialist wife of Nik Wallenda, successfully hung by her teeth from a helicopter over Niagara Falls on Thursday, pulling off the stunt precisely five years after her husband walked a tight rope over the falls. The 36-year-old mother of three was tethered to a...
Golden Gate Bridge Boosts Security After Insane Stunts
Teens filmed themselves doing backflips atop bridge
- The Golden Gate Bridge is beefing up security to prevent others following in the slippery footsteps of two teenagers who climbed the bridge and performed death-defying stunts. In video posted on YouTube, the two 18-year-olds from Wisconsin climb suspension cables before doing backflips and somersaults on a walkway, the
Think You're Tough? This Guy Climbed Everest in Shorts
Wim Hof has done the seemingly impossible
- In 1999, Dutch daredevil Wim Hof earned the nickname Iceman when he swam under a frozen lake on TV—then jumped right back in to rescue an onlooker who had tumbled into the frigid waters. He was just getting started, reports the
of London. In 2007, he nearly summitted...
Arrow Stunt Goes Wrong on
America's Got Talent
Daredevil was hit in the throat by flaming arrow
- Tuesday was a rough night for a Canadian daredevil on
America's Got Talent
. Judges Howie Mandel, Mel B, Heidi Klum, and Simon Cowell appeared horrified as Ryan Stock was hit in the throat by a flaming arrow fired by fiancee AmberLynn Walker live on TV, the
New York Daily
Skydiver Is First to Jump Without a Chute
Luke Aikens jumps, lands in a net on live television
- A 42-year-old skydiver with more than 18,000 jumps made history when he became the first person to leap without a parachute and land in a net instead. After a two-minute freefall, Luke Aikins landed dead center in the 100-by-100-foot net Saturday at the Big Sky movie ranch on the...
Skydiver to Jump From 25K Feet With No Chute
Luke Aikins' stunt will be broadcast live on Fox Saturday
- An hour-long live TV special on Fox Saturday will lead up to two holding-your-breath minutes in which a veteran skydiver will leap out of a plane at 25,000 feet (no biggie) without something one usually needs for such a jump (kind of a biggie): a parachute. Per the AP...
Guy in Wingsuit Hits Target on Great Wall While Going 120mph
- Jeb Corliss proved Sunday that his nickname, "Human Arrow," is quite accurate. The 40-year-old daredevil jumped from a helicopter 6,000 feet in the air while wearing a wingsuit, then flew through the air at 120mph toward an apple-sized target on the Great Wall of China—a target...
Extreme Athlete Dies Setting Up Hot Air Balloon Stunt
Tancrede Melet, 32, was 'at arm's length' from the basket when he fell 100 feet
- A French extreme sportsman described by the Inertia as an "inspiration to the working man" has died at the age of 32 after a hot air balloon stunt backfired, ABC News reports. Tancrede Melet, part of a daredevil group known as the Flying Frenchies , was setting up the stunt...
Man Climbs Up NYC Luxury Hotel, Plummets to His Death
College student went up scaffolding of Four Seasons to take photos: cops
- Connor Cummins' family describes him to WABC-TV as a photography devotee—and that enthusiasm may have cost him his life. The New Jersey man, said to be either 20 or 24 years old , and an 18-year-old pal ascended the scaffolding outside NYC's Four Seasons hotel Wednesday night in search...
Daredevil Finishes Ferris Wheel Stunt, Snaps Selfie
Nik Wallenda successfully walks the 400-foot-high Orlando Eye
- In the days leading up to one of his craziest stunts ever, tightrope walker Nik Wallenda did the following: Dropped his kid off at school. Painted windowsills. Mowed the lawn. "It's not like I'm preparing for the end of my life," the 36-year-old said. "I'...
Wallenda Cheats Death Over Chicago
He breaks two records with back-to-back wire walks
- With no harness or safety net, Nik Wallenda's only hope would have been to cling to a cable if things went wrong during either of two death-defying skyscraper walks in Chicago last night—but the daredevil managed to break two world records and survive to tell the tale. For...
As Sharks Swarm, 'Idiot' Surfs Whale Carcass
Harrison Williams says 'mum thinks I’m an idiot, dad’s not too proud'
- As these things so often begin, Harrison Williams was "out on the boat with the boys and one of my mates said it would be pretty funny" to pull a questionable, potentially life-ending stunt, "so I did it." The stunt in question involved swimming out to the...
Flying Wallenda Survives Amazing Canyon Stunt
He crosses quarter-mile gorge with no harness
- Nik Wallenda has sealed his place in daredevil history with a heart-stopping tightrope walk over a gorge near the Grand Canyon—with no safety harness. The 34-year-old took 22 minutes to cross the quarter-mile, balancing on a 2-inch thick cable 1,500 feet above the Colorado River Gorge, the AP...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Michelle Obama: We Need to Talk About the M-Word
Court Deals Major Blow to Amazon
Bison Ripped Woman's Pants Off. That Likely Saved Her
Amy Schumer: No More Pregnancies
Kamala Harris' Stepkids Have a Fitting Name for Her
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.