Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 21 - 40 |
Fatal Paris Stabbing
Claimed by Islamic State
May 12, 2018 6:00 PM CDT
Fatal Paris Stabbing Claimed by Islamic State
Macron says France will resist 'enemies of freedom'
- President Emmanuel Macron said Saturday that France will not cede to "enemies of freedom" after a fatal stabbing attack in Paris was claimed by the Islamic State group, the AP reports. Macron tweeted his praise for police who "neutralized the terrorist" and his thoughts for the victims. In...
'Hero' Cop Who
Mar 24, 2018 8:54 AM CDT
'Hero' Cop Who Swapped Self for Hostage Is Dead
Arnaud Beltrame, 44, was among the first responders
- A French police officer who offered himself up to an Islamic extremist gunman in exchange for a hostage died of his injuries, raising the death toll in the attack to four, and the officer was honored Saturday as a national hero of "exceptional courage and selflessness." Lt. Col....
Kills 3 in Supermarket
Mar 23, 2018 10:16 AM CDT
France Hostage-Taker Kills 3 in Supermarket
Police shoot him dead, are investigating possible terror connection
- An armed man took hostages in a supermarket in southern France on Friday, killing three people and injuring about a dozen others before being shot to death when French police stormed the market, authorities said. French President Emmanuel Macron said all evidence suggested that it was a terror attack—the...
He Was Busted at Train's
Controls. Now, Terror Charges
Jan 5, 2018 12:56 PM CST
He Was Busted at Train's Controls. Now, Terror Charges
FBI says it found weapons, ammo, white supremacist materials at Taylor Wilson's home
- A white supremacist accused of stopping an Amtrak train in Nebraska has been charged with terrorism. Documents unsealed Wednesday in US District Court in Lincoln show 26-year-old Taylor Wilson of St. Charles, Mo., is charged with terrorism attacks and other violence against railroad carriers and mass transportation systems, the AP...
NYC Fights 'Disgusting'
Acts With $50M Plan
Jan 3, 2018 2:14 AM CST
NYC Fights 'Disgusting' Acts With $50M Plan
Security bollards are designed to prevent ramming attacks
- "When a vehicle plows into a group of innocent pedestrians, it's disgusting," New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio said Tuesday, announcing a plan to install 1,500 new security bollards to protect pedestrians from vehicle ramming attacks like the one that killed eight people on Halloween...
NYC Bomb Suspect Told
Trump He 'Failed' on Facebook
Dec 12, 2017 11:49 AM CST
NYC Bomb Suspect Told Trump He 'Failed' on Facebook
Per the five-count complaint filed against Akayed Ullah Tuesday
- Before detonating a pipe bomb near Times Square Monday morning, Akayed Ullah reportedly took the time to update his Facebook status—and his message was about President Trump. The detail comes via the five-count federal complaint filed against him Tuesday (NPR posts the complaint in full here ), and
Source: Christmas Tree Bulb
Used in NYC Pipe Bomb
Dec 11, 2017 2:36 PM CST
Source: Christmas Tree Bulb Used in NYC Pipe Bomb
Suspect Akayed Ullah may have made crude device himself
- Did it go off prematurely or was it just kind of a dud? The NYPD is still trying to figure that out in the wake of Monday morning's pipe bomb explosion in the New York City subway. Only three bystanders suffered minor injuries in addition to the suspected bomber,...
Mayor: NYC Pipe Bomb Blast
Was Attempted Terror Attack
Dec 11, 2017 9:40 AM CST
Mayor: NYC Pipe Bomb Blast Was Attempted Terror Attack
Man in custody; he and 3 others were injured, but all are expected to survive
- A man with a pipe bomb strapped to him set off the crude device in the subway near Times Square on Monday, injuring the suspect and three other people at the height of the morning rush hour. The man and three others were being treated for non-life-threatening injuries in what...
Trump Blames Schumer
After NYC Terror Attack
Nov 1, 2017 8:06 AM CDT
Trump Blames Schumer After NYC Terror Attack
President says 'Diversity Visa Lottery Program' allowed suspect to enter country
- President Trump is singling out Chuck Schumer for blame after Tuesday's deadly truck attack in New York City. "The terrorist came into our country through what is called the 'Diversity Visa Lottery Program,' a Chuck Schumer beauty," he tweeted . "I want merit based."...
Cops: NYC Attacker
Is Uber Driver Who
Gave 1,400 Rides
Nov 1, 2017 3:30 AM CDT
Cops: NYC Attacker Is Uber Driver Who Gave 1,400 Rides
Sayfullo Saipov came to US in 2010
- The man who killed eight people Thursday in what's believed to be New York City's deadliest terror attack since 9/11 has been identified as Sayfullo Saipov, an Uber driver who came to the US from Afghanistan in 2010. The 29-year-old, who was shot by police but survived after...
Cops: Terror Attack
in Canada Appears to
Be by 'Lone Wolf'
Oct 1, 2017 3:15 PM CDT
Cops: Terror Attack in Canada Appears to Be by 'Lone Wolf'
Cop stabbed, 4 others injured after car chase; suspect in custody in Edmonton
- A car and knife attack on a cop outside a football game and a high-speed chase that left four people injured appear to be the work of one suspected terrorist, Canadian authorities say. Edmonton Police Chief Rod Knecht said officers took the suspect, described as a 30-year-old Edmonton man, into...
Terror in Marseille: Man With
Knife Kills 2 at Train Station
Oct 1, 2017 11:45 AM CDT
Terror in Marseille: Man With Knife Kills 2 at Train Station
Assailant shot and killed by paramilitary police during Sunday attack
- A man with a knife attacked people at the main train station in the southeastern French city of Marseille on Sunday, killing two women before paramilitary soldiers fatally shot the assailant, officials said. French police warned people to avoid the Saint Charles train station, tweeting that an operation was underway....
Barcelona Suspect: We Planned
to Blow Up Church, Other Sites
Aug 23, 2017 7:58 AM CDT
Barcelona Suspect: We Planned to Blow Up Church, Other Sites
Terror group's mission was partly foiled when Alcanar bomb-making 'factory' blew up
- The suspected driver of the van that rammed into crowds in Barcelona is now dead , but details are still emerging about last week's carnage that left 15 dead in two attacks and injured more than 130. The newest development, per the
: A 21-year-old suspect in custody told a...
Fugitive Barcelona Suspect
Shot Dead by Police
Aug 21, 2017 12:28 PM CDT
Fugitive Barcelona Suspect Shot Dead by Police
Younes Abouyaaqoub was wearing a bomb belt at the time
- A man thought to be the driver in the Barcelona van attack was shot dead by Spanish police Monday after authorities announced he also was suspected of killing the owner of a hijacked getaway car, the AP reports. The fugitive was wearing a bomb belt, authorities said. Younes Abouyaaqoub was...
At Least 13 Dead After Van
Hits Barcelona Pedestrians
Aug 17, 2017 4:57 PM CDT
At Least 13 Dead After Van Hits Barcelona Pedestrians
Police are now reportedly calling it a terrorist attack
- At least 13 people are dead after a van drove into a crowd of pedestrians in Barcelona on Thursday, a local official has announced. More than 100 others are injured, CNN reports. Police initially didn't speculate on a motive for the incident, which took place near Las Ramblas, a...
18 Killed in Extremist Attack
on Burkina Faso Restaurant
Aug 14, 2017 12:03 AM CDT
18 Killed in Extremist Attack on Burkina Faso Restaurant
Armed attackers arrived on motorcycles
- Suspected Islamic extremists opened fire at a Turkish restaurant in the capital of Burkina Faso late Sunday, killing at least 18 people in the second such attack on a restaurant popular with foreigners in the last two years. There was no immediate claim of responsibility for the violence, which continued...
Driver Rams Into Police Van
on Paris' Champs Élysées
Jun 19, 2017 3:15 PM CDT
Driver Rams Into Police Van on Paris' Champs Élysées
The attacker is dead, no other injuries reported
- An anti-terror investigation has been opened in France after a man rammed a car carrying firearms and a gas canister into a police van on Paris' famed Champs Élysées Monday afternoon. The driver, reportedly a 31-year-old French national who had known links to suspected extremists and was on...
UK Arrests 12 in
London Bridge Attack
Jun 4, 2017 7:21 AM CDT
UK Arrests 12 in London Bridge Attack
London police say that they're continuing to carry out searches
- The UK wasted no time in its response to the terror attack on London Bridge on Saturday, with London Metropolitan Police announcing Sunday that they had arrested 12 people in connection, reports the BBC . Police are continuing to carry out searches, and the AP reports that they say the investigation...
Police Want to
Know More About
May 30, 2017 12:01 AM CDT
Police Want to Know More About Concert Bomber's Blue Suitcase
Manchester police release images of 'distinctive' suitcase
- Police in Manchester, England, have issued a picture of the arena suicide bomber holding a blue suitcase and asked anyone who might have seen him with it before the attack to call a confidential hotline. Counterterrorism squads are trying to re-create Salman Abedi's movements in the days before he...
When ISIS Goes After Kids,
They're Trying to Bait Us
May 24, 2017 10:00 AM CDT
When ISIS Goes After Kids, They're Trying to Bait Us
Terrorists want to instigate a 'holy war,' warns the 'New York Times'
- That one of the victims in the Manchester bombing is just 8 years old is no accident: The bomber, whether he was working with ISIS or not, almost certainly knew that children would be at the Ariana Grande concert, writes the
New York Times
editorial board. It's a calculated...
Stories 21 - 40 |
Popular on Newser
Sexual Link Investigated in Monkeypox Outbreak
In These 10 Cities, Open Up Your Wallet to Buy a Home
Trump Jr. Killed a Bear, and His Guide May Go to Prison
Virginia Republicans Take Barnes & Noble to Court
Report Details 'Apocalypse' in Southern Baptist Church
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.