Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Whitey Bulger's FBI Pal Has Murder Verdict Tossed
Justices say that because he didn't pull the trigger, John Connolly couldn't be tried
- Whitey Bulger's longtime FBI handler might be on the verge of freedom, after an appeals court threw out his murder conviction yesterday. In a 2-1 decision, the Miami judges ruled that because John Connolly Jr. hadn't actually pulled the trigger, he should never have been tried for the...
Mobster Whitey Bulger Busted After 16 Years
Boston mob boss, FBI informant nabbed near LA
- Boston mob boss James "Whitey" Bulger has been arrested after 16 years as a fugitive, during which time the FBI was sometimes accused of not trying hard enough to find its former informant, the AP reports. The former leader of the Winter Hill Gang went on the run in...
Ex-FBI Agent Draws 40-Year Sentence in Murder, But ...
Judge's ruling all but guarantees appeal
- A judge sentenced former FBI agent John Connolly to 40 years for a 1982 murder today, and simultaneously blew a giant hole in the prosecution’s case, the
reports. The facts seem to be clear: Connolly told mobsters with whom he was in cahoots that an associate, who...
Popular on Newser
Mysterious Monolith Discovered in Utah
GSA Boss Wants Law Changed
Trump: We're Still Fighting
Under Fire From Progressives, Feinstein Makes a Change
Secret NYC Wedding Was Attended by Thousands
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.