Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Shady Lady Ranch
Returns to Porn
Mar 26, 2010 3:46 PM CDT
First 'Prostidude' Leaves Brothel, Returns to Porn
'Markus' saw total of 10 clients, Shady Lady Ranch madam says
- The country's first legal male prostitute has left the gigolo business, and the Shady Lady Ranch is temporarily turning away female customers. They weren't a large segment of the customer base anyway: The Nevada brothel owner says "Markus," who started work in January—and compared himself to Rosa...
Don't Do It,
Isn't Worth It
Feb 2, 2010 3:49 PM CST
Don't Do It, Ladies: First Male Hooker Isn't Worth It
'Markus' is more like a 'bad second date'
- Save your money, women of America. The nation's first legal male prostitute just isn't worth it, writes
New York Post
dating columnist Mandy Stadtmiller. She flew to Vegas undercover for an encounter with "Markus" and left underwhelmed. Important caveat: She didn't have sex with the "dorky college dropout,...
Men Win Right to Be
Hookers in Nevada
Dec 14, 2009 7:50 AM CST
Men Win Right to Be Hookers in Nevada
Brothel lobbyist predicts 'Pearl Harbor' for industry
- Gay marriage may have taken a few steps backwards this year, but male hookers just won the right to work in Nevada brothels, and they can choose to accept male or female clients, just as female prostitutes can. Men can now be employed as well as women, thanks to a...
Brothels to Nevada:
Tax Us, Please
Jan 26, 2009 3:16 AM CST
Brothels to Nevada: Tax Us, Please
Brothel owners see taxes as insurance to keep them legal
- Nevada's brothel owners are offering to fork over tax money to the state to help cover its debts—but legislators are reluctant to increase the state's involvement in the $50-million-a-year sex business, reports the
New York Times
. Nevada's 25 legal brothels pay hefty taxes to their home counties, but are...
Popular on Newser
Soccer Stampede Leaves at Least 125 Dead
After Key Battlefield Loss, a Big Worry Emerges on Putin
A Shocking Death May Reflect a Disturbing Trend
Pro-Russia Parties Trounced
Best TV Shows of All Time
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.