Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Add Newser to your home screen?
The Coronavirus Pandemic
Confirmed US cases: 432,000+ »
Read our complete coverage here »
Stories 1 - 20 |
As if Kobe Wasn't Already Great—It's Now Official
Bryant is among 8 finalists inducted into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame
- Kobe Bryant’s resume has yet another entry to validate his greatness: He’s now, officially, a Hall of Famer, the AP reports. And he's got plenty of elite company in the 2020 class, one that may be as glitzy as any. Bryant, who died in a helicopter crash...
Sheriff Says 8 Deputies Shared Gruesome Kobe Crash Photos
They were ordered to delete photos
- Los Angeles County Sheriff Alex Villanueva says he felt a "sense of betrayal" when he found out that as many as eight deputies allegedly took and shared graphic photos of the helicopter crash that killed Kobe Bryant and eight others. The sheriff tells CNN that the only people authorized...
Kobe's Widow Not Happy About Allegations on Crash Site
Vanessa Bryant 'absolutely devastated' pictures may have been shared of victims' remains
- An investigation is ongoing into allegations that deputies from the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department leaked graphic photos of the site of the Kobe Bryant helicopter crash, including images that showed the victims' remains. Bryant's widow, Vanessa, is "absolutely devastated" by that claim, her lawyer says. "...
Report: Cops Shared Graphic Photos of Kobe Crash Scene
Sheriff's department is investigating allegations
- The Los Angeles County Sheriff's department says it is investigating allegations that deputies leaked graphic photos of the helicopter crash that killed NBA legend Kobe Bryant and eight others last month. Sources tell the
Los Angeles Times
that days after the crash, first responders discussed the inappropriate sharing of...
She Spoke at Kobe's Memorial, Went on to Make History
Sabrina Ionescu set NCAA record Monday night
- The college basketball player who spoke at Kobe and Gianna Bryant's memorial service Monday went on to make history: That night, after flying from LA to the Bay Area for the University of Oregon's game against Stanford, Sabrina Ionescu of the Oregon Ducks became the first NCAA player...
'Babe, Take Care of Our Gigi': Lines From Kobe Memorial
Kobe Bryant, daughter Gigi honored at Staples Center
- The Staples Center, where Los Angeles Lakers legend Kobe Bryant spent much of his career, on Monday hosted a huge memorial service for the fallen NBA star and his 13-year-old daughter, Gianna "Gigi" Bryant. The date was chosen in honor of the father and daughter's basketball jersey numbers,...
Vanessa Bryant Sues Over Deaths of Kobe, Gigi
Alleges helicopter company and pilot took unnecessary risks on day of fatal crash
- Kobe Bryant didn't have to die, according to a new lawsuit filed by his widow. Vanessa Bryant is suing Island Express, the company that owned the helicopter the NBA star and his 13-year-old daughter were in when it crashed Jan. 26 in California, killing them and seven others on...
Report: Kobe Bryant Pilot Had 2015 Weather- Related Infraction
Ara Zobayan had been disciplined by FAA for entering LAX airspace without the OK
- The pilot of the helicopter that crashed in Calabasas last month, killing Kobe Bryant , his 13-year-old daughter Gianna, and seven others, took heat in 2015 from the Federal Aviation Administration for entering busy airspace near Los Angeles International Airport, even though air traffic control had warned him from doing so....
Gayle King Accepts Snoop's 'Sorry' Over Kobe Kerfuffle
Rapper verbally attacked King on social media after she brought up late NBA star's rape charges
- The Gayle King-Snoop Dogg war appears to be over. NBC News reports the
CBS This Morning
co-host has accepted an apology from the repentant rapper after he excoriated her on social media for bringing up rape charges against the late Kobe Bryant during an interview with WNBA star Lisa Leslie....
Snoop Dogg Rights a Wrong After 'Talk With My Momma'
Rapper apologizes for 'derogatory' attack on Gayle King
- The Dogg bit too hard. Snoop Dogg publicly apologized to Gayle King on Wednesday after attacking her for asking about the Kobe Bryant rape case. After "a talk with my momma," the rapper realized he'd been "raised way better" than to respond in a "derogatory...
The Bryants Have Been Laid to Rest
Pair were buried Friday in Corona del Mar, Calif.
- Kobe and Gianna Bryant have been laid to rest. Death certificates issued Tuesday show the NBA legend and his 13-year-old daughter were buried Friday. The private family service at Pacific View Memorial Park in Corona del Mar, Calif., not far from the Bryant home, came almost two weeks after the...
Vanessa Bryant Says She 'Can't Process' Her Loss
Post describes struggle of dealing with the deaths of Kobe and Gianna at the same time
- After being "reluctant to put my feelings into words" since the deaths of her husband and 13-year-old daughter, Vanessa Bryant shared some of her pain and grieving process Monday. "My brain refuses to accept that both Kobe and Gigi are gone," she posted on Instagram . "I...
Snoop Dogg Has Something to Say About Gayle King 'Threat'
The rapper calls himself 'a non-violent person'
- What, me threaten? Snoop Dogg said Sunday his video criticizing Gayle King wasn't threatening at all—despite his warning to "back off ... before we come get you," E! News reports. "I'm a non-violent person," the 48-year-old said Saturday on Instagram. "When I said...
This Gayle King Battle Is Now Full-Blown War
With Snoop Dogg and Susan Rice piling on, it's getting ugly
- The ruckus over a Gayle King interview clip has morphed into a vicious social-media battle including harsh words from Snoop Dogg and Susan Rice, NBC News reports. The spark was a clip of King interviewing WNBA legend Lisa Leslie, and asking her about the 2003 rape allegation against Kobe Bryant....
Teary Oprah on Gayle King's Kobe Fiasco: 'She Is Not Doing Well
Winfrey cites 'hate,' 'meanness,' and 'misogynistic vitriol' King has been subjected to during backlash
- CBS News says Gayle King's absence on Friday from
CBS This Morning
was a preplanned one due to a "long-standing commitment out of town," but others believe it may have something to do with the backlash the show's co-host received over a question she asked about...
NTSB: Helicopter Rotors Were Turning When Bryant Crashed
Investigators see no signs of engine failure
- Wreckage from the helicopter that crashed last month and killed Kobe Bryant, his daughter and seven others did not show any evidence of outward engine failure, the National Transportation Safety Board said Friday. Bryant, his 13-year-old daughter Gianna, and the others died in the Jan. 26 crash in Calabasas, California....
Gayle King Explains Controversial Kobe Bryant Question
Says CBS pulled out a clip from her interview with Lisa Leslie that made viewers angry
- Gayle King's interview with Lisa Leslie hit on many topics surrounding the life and death of Kobe Bryant, who was good friends with the WNBA player. But the clip CBS chose to pull out as a promo fixated on one question in particular: King asking Leslie about the 2003...
School Principal: Sorry for 'Visceral Reaction' to Kobe's Death
Washington state's Liza Sejkora said NBA star's death was 'karma'
- While many are still mourning the death of Kobe Bryant , others are more ambivalent, considering the late NBA star had been arrested and accused of rape when he was 24 (the charges were eventually dropped, and Bryant settled with his accuser). Liza Sejkora, the principal of Camas High School in...
Kobe's High School Jersey Was Stolen—and Now Returned
He wore No. 33 as a teen
- He was known as No. 24 for the Los Angeles Lakers, but when Kobe Bryant shot hoops at Lower Merion High School in the Philadelphia suburbs, he was No. 33. The jersey he wore back then was swiped from the Ardmore school in 2017, but now, in the wake of...
Before Kickoff, Players Stand on 24-Yard-Lines, for a Reason
It's a tribute to Kobe
- The Super Bowl is here. Patrick Mahomes and the Kansas City Chiefs are facing off against Jimmy Garoppolo and the San Francisco 49ers in Florida. And before football's biggest game, the players for both teams lined up on their 24-yard-lines for a tribute to one of the best players...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Amazon Pulls Plug on Amazon Shipping
Cops: Doctor Strangled Teen in Social Distancing Dispute
A Lot of New Yorkers Are Dying at Home. That's a Big Deal
Kennedy Boy's Body Is Found
Tired American Workers About to Get a 'Day of Rest'
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Suggest a Story
Get our apps
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.