Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Golden State Warriors
Stories 1 - 20 |
Warriors Slap 'Fake Klay'
With a Lifetime Ban
Jun 15, 2022 7:35 PM CDT
Warriors Slap 'Fake Klay' With a Lifetime Ban
YouTuber made it into Chase Center by impersonating player
- A YouTuber who impersonated Golden State Warriors player Klay Thompson to get into the team's San Francisco arena before Game 5 of the NBA Finals has been banned for life, the team says. In a YouTube video , Dawson Gurley can be seen strolling past security guards, wearing a Warriors...
NBA Coach Refuses to Talk
Ball, Shouts About Shooting
May 25, 2022 7:42 AM CDT
NBA Coach Refuses to Talk Ball, Shouts About Shooting
Golden State Warriors coach Steve Kerr makes forceful call for legislative action
- At a press conference ahead of game 4 of the Western Conference Finals, Golden State Warriors head coach Steve Kerr refused to talk about the game. "I'm not going to talk about basketball," he began. "Nothing has happened with our team in the last six hours....
The Jazz Beat
Found a Shoebox
Nov 23, 2019 6:00 AM CST
The Jazz Beat the Warriors. Then Someone Found a Shoebox
Salt Lake City's Vivint Smart Home Arena evacuated after 'suspicious' package found
- The Utah Jazz beat the Golden State Warriors Friday night 113-109, but unexpected excitement came after the last ball had been thrown. Vivint Smart Home Arena in Salt Lake City was evacuated just minutes after the NBA game had ended, Fox News reports. The cause of the clear-out: Salt Lake...
Raptors Capture First NBA Title
Jun 14, 2019 12:16 AM CDT
Raptors Capture First NBA Title
They beat Warriors 114-110 in Game 6
- "We the North!" is now "We the Champs!" The Toronto Raptors captured Canada's first NBA championship—and the country's first major title in 26 years—with their most remarkable road win yet in the franchise's NBA Finals debut, outlasting the battered and depleted...
Fans' Reaction to Injured
Star Doesn't Sit Well
Jun 11, 2019 10:00 AM CDT
Fans' Reaction to Injured Star Doesn't Sit Well
Golden State's Kevin Durant goes down, and Toronto crowd cheers
- Some sports injuries are bigger than others, and this one appears to fall onto the monumental side of the scale. One of the NBA's best players, Golden State's Kevin Durant, returned from a leg injury to play Game 5 of the finals against the Toronto Raptors Monday night—...
She Took Jay-Z's Drink Order.
Then Came the Death Threats
Jun 7, 2019 7:00 AM CDT
She Took Jay-Z's Drink Order. Then Came the Death Threats
Nicole Curran says misinterpreted look on Bey's face at NBA game led to 'cyberbullying'
- Cyberbullying over a citrus slice? That's what Nicole Curran is claiming after an incident at an NBA Finals game Wednesday that she says led to death threats and the deletion of her Instagram account. ESPN reports that Curran, the wife of Golden State Warriors owner Joe Lacob, had been...
Warriors Co-Owner Banned
for 'Unacceptable Misconduct'
Jun 7, 2019 3:35 AM CDT
Warriors Co-Owner Banned for 'Unacceptable Misconduct'
Mark Stevens shoved, swore at Toronto Raptors player
- If the Golden State Warriors stage a comeback and win the NBA Finals, co-owner Mark Stevens won't be there to see it. The Silicon Valley billionaire has been banned from NBA games and team events for a year and fined $500,000 for shoving Toronto Raptors guard Kyle Lowry...
NBA Star Responds After
Girl's Plea About His Shoes
Nov 30, 2018 9:55 AM CST
NBA Star Responds After Girl's Plea About His Shoes
Riley Morrison wanted to know why Steph Curry sneakers came only in 'boys' sizes
- Riley Morrison knew which shoes she wanted on her feet as she kicked off her basketball season. Unfortunately, she appeared not to have the right feet. "Girls want to rock the Curry 5s too," the 9-year-old Golden State Warriors fan from Napa, Calif., wrote in a letter to...
Dynasty? Golden State Just
Made a Powerful Case
Jun 8, 2018 10:45 PM CDT
Dynasty? Golden State Just Made a Powerful Case
Stephen Curry's Warriors sweep LeBron James' Cavaliers, win 3rd title in 4 years
- Stephen Curry scored 37 points, Kevin Durant added 20 and a triple-double, and the Golden State Warriors stamped themselves a dynasty after winning their second straight NBA title and third in four years Friday night. The Warriors beat the Cleveland Cavaliers 108-85 to complete a sweep and perhaps drive LeBron...
Cleveland Player Swears
He Didn't Lose Track of Score
Jun 1, 2018 10:04 AM CDT
Cleveland Player Swears He Didn't Lose Track of Score
But JR Smith's weird decision may have cost the Cavaliers Game 1
- Ouch. Golden State beat Cleveland in overtime Thursday in Game 1 of the NBA Finals, and everybody on Friday was still talking about the odd move by Cleveland's JR Smith late in regulation. You can watch the video here : With the score tied at 107 in the final seconds,...
On the Line for Senators
During NBA Finals: Booze
Jun 1, 2018 12:10 AM CDT
On the Line for Senators During NBA Finals: Booze
California, Ohio pols bet each other wine, beer as Warriors take on Cavaliers
- With the Golden State Warriors and the Cleveland Cavaliers meeting for their f ourth straight NBA finals , senators from Ohio and California are keeping things interesting with a bet. California Sens. Dianne Feinstein and Kamala Harris have bet a case of California chardonnay and a case of beer from Anchor...
Cleveland, Golden State
Set for 4th Straight NBA Finals
May 29, 2018 12:11 AM CDT
Cleveland, Golden State Set for 4th Straight NBA Finals
Both won Game 7s in conference finals
- Here we go again. And again. And, well, again. Round 4—as many predicted, and others probably lamented—is happening. Cleveland and Golden State will meet for the fourth straight year in the NBA Finals, the Warriors looking for a third championship in that span and LeBron James and the...
Report: Sports Anchor Stole
Jacket From Team Employee
Apr 24, 2018 7:01 AM CDT
Report: Sports Anchor Stole Jacket From Team Employee
Mike Shumann angers Golden State Warriors
- Golden State Warriors players are reportedly refusing to do interviews with ABC7/KGO-TV sports anchor Mike Shumann—apparently not because they don't like his coverage, but because they don't want him to take their stuff. The players are angry about an incident last week, when the longtime Bay Area...
White House on
Feb 27, 2018 2:00 AM CST
Warriors Skipping White House on Washington Visit
'We're not going to politicize anything, we're just going to hang out with some kids,' champs say
- The Golden State Warriors are heading to Washington, just not to the White House. The traditional champions' invitation was never granted from President Trump—and it appears the Warriors might have declined it, anyway. So they plan to spend their day in the city with local children Tuesday, the AP...
Warriors: Trump 'Made It
Clear We Are Not Invited'
Sep 24, 2017 6:03 AM CDT
Warriors: Trump 'Made It Clear We Are Not Invited'
Steph Curry and Co. are fine skipping White House visit; Trump keeps up attack on NFL
- The Golden State Warriors appear to be good with skipping a victory lap at the White House in wake of President Trump's war of words with Steph Curry, the NBA, and the NFL, reports CNN . "While we intended to meet as a team at the first opportunity we...
Jul 1, 2017 9:54 AM CDT
Steph Curry Just Made NBA History
Golden State Warriors star agrees to biggest contract ever in NBA
- That'll buy a lot of fresh mouthguards . Business Insider reports Stephen Curry has agreed to the biggest contract in NBA history at $201 million over the next five years. The Golden State Warriors star becomes the first NBA player to earn a so-called "supermax" contract—one over $200...
NBA Title in Oakland
Jun 13, 2017 12:21 AM CDT
Warriors Clinch NBA Title in Oakland
It was first home series win in Bay Area since 1974
- MVP Kevin Durant capped his spectacular first season with the Golden State Warriors by bringing home that coveted NBA championship he joined Golden State last July so determined to get, scoring 39 points in a fast and furious, Finals-clinching 129-120 victory over LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers in Game...
Can Cavs Make History?
They Just Took Step One
Jun 10, 2017 3:00 AM CDT
Can Cavs Make History? They Just Took Step One
LeBron James and Cleveland now trail Golden State 3-1 in finals
- The celebrating after Game 4 was done by Cavaliers fans, not Golden State players, their families, or anyone else dressed in blue and gold who came looking for a historic party. "Cavs in 7! Cavs in 7!" Cleveland fans chanted as they walked toward the exits. Yes, the...
Just Made Lebron's
Jul 4, 2016 2:56 PM CDT
Blockbuster Deal Just Made Lebron's Repeat Chances Much Tougher
Kevin Durant joins the Golden State Warriors
- The Golden State Warriors were nearly invincible during the regular season this year, but they fell to Lebron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers in the finals. If the Cavs hope to repeat, it looks like they'll have to go through Golden State once again: The Warriors just added free...
Make NBA History
Jun 19, 2016 9:52 PM CDT
LeBron, Cleveland Make NBA History
Cavaliers win championship after trailing 3-1
- LeBron James and his relentless, never-count-them-out Cavaliers pulled off an improbable NBA Finals comeback, and Cleveland is title town again at long last. James delivered on a promise from two years ago to bring a championship to his native northeast Ohio, and he and the Cavs became the first team...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Shooter's 'Death Note' Calls Out Walmart Workers
Man Solves 15-Year-Old Disneyland Riddle
Missing Cruise Passenger Turns Up Alive in Gulf Next Day
Grammer: Here's Why 'Niles' Won't Be in Frasier Reboot
16-Mile Utah Hike Goes Horribly Wrong for Couple
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.