Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Title of New
Book Says It
Jul 18, 2020 4:00 PM CDT
Title of New Climate Change Book Says It All:
US economist Joseph Stiglitz takes issue with Bjorn Lomborg's new book on how to battle climate change
- Bjorn Lomborg has dropped another bomb in the climate-change debate, and one economist is rushing to defuse it. "As a matter of policy, I typically decline to review books that deserve to be panned. You only make enemies," writes Joseph Stiglitz in his
New York Times
'Earth Hour' Is a Joke
Mar 24, 2011 11:08 AM CDT
'Earth Hour' Is a Joke
We need real green solutions, not just 'feel-good' movements: Bjorn Lomborg
- This Saturday night, environmental activists are calling on the world to dim the lights for “Earth Hour”—a nice idea, but one that may actually be counterproductive. Look at it this way: "If everyone in the world participated in this year's Earth Hour, the result would be...
Top Climate Skeptic Does
Aug 31, 2010 11:42 AM CDT
Top Climate Skeptic Does an About-Face
Lomborg suddenly wants to toss $100B a year at global warming
- Bjørn Lomborg is not a popular guy in the halls of climate science—the UN’s climate chief once compared him to Adolf Hitler. But the self-proclaimed “skeptical environmentalist” has suddenly jumped aboard the bandwagon, the
reports. In his new book, the Danish economist says that climate...
Jul 15, 2009 3:40 PM CDT
Gore's Climate Crusade Misguided, Wasteful
- Global warming is real, but Al Gore’s crusade to curb carbon emissions is misguided and will squander money that could be applied cheaply and efficiently to those problems
, Danish statistician Bjørn Lomborg writes in
. “Here’s the truth: There are better, more cost-effective ways to...
Popular on Newser
Cyclist Charged After Teen Girls' Prank Goes Awry
Surfing Legend Dies in 'One-Punch' Assault
Chess Champ Finally Unloads Cheating Allegations
Putin Grants Russian Citizenship to Snowden
Hurricane Ian's Approach 'Near Worst-Case' for Tampa
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.