Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Tiffany & Co.
Cartier Suit: Tiffany Lured
Employee, Stole Trade Secrets
Mar 2, 2022 10:40 AM CST
Cartier Suit: Tiffany Lured Employee, Stole Trade Secrets
Company says rival wanted to mine her for confidential info
- Two luxury jewelry makers are now duking it out in the legal arena. Per Reuters , Cartier on Monday filed suit against rival Tiffany & Co., alleging the latter company lured an unqualified junior-level staffer away in a bid to obtain trade secrets on Cartier's "High Jewellry" collection , with...
Is Not Having It
Aug 27, 2021 5:00 AM CDT
Diamond Debate? Beyonce's Mom Is Not Having It
Tina Knowles hits back at criticism of her daughter over Tiffany Diamond
- Beyonce made history when she became the first Black woman to wear the Tiffany diamond —but she also sparked controversy. As Karen Attiah points out in the
, there's a disturbing story behind the 128.54 carat yellow diamond, and in the opinion of many, "it...
Tiffany Includes Men
in Ring Tradition
May 1, 2021 1:55 PM CDT
Tiffany Includes Men in Ring Tradition
Market has been one-sided since the store sold its first women's engagement ring in 1886
- Tiffany & Co., which has been selling diamond engagement rings since the 19th century, has decided to try to reach an untapped market segment: men. The jeweler is debuting its Charles Tiffany Setting, named after the founder of the company: solitaire men's rings with sizable round-brilliant and emerald-cut diamonds...
This Is Luxury Industry's
Biggest Deal Ever
Nov 25, 2019 12:30 AM CST
This Is Luxury Industry's Biggest Deal Ever
French giant LVMH is paying $16.7B for US firm Tiffany
- French luxury giant LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton said Monday it has reached a deal to buy US-based jewelry legend Tiffany & Co. for $16.2 billion. LVMH said in a statement that the deal values the 180-year old Tiffany and its 300 boutiques worldwide at $135 a share. The...
Tiffany Is Selling a
355-Pound Advent Calendar
Oct 23, 2019 4:04 PM CDT
Tiffany Is Selling a 355-Pound Advent Calendar
It'll set you back $112K
- Tiffany & Co. has completely outdone itself in the niche shopping category of "luxury advent calendars," CNN reports: It's offering a $112,000 Ultimate Advent Calendar , which weighs 355 pounds and will be assembled upon delivery via the jeweler's "White Glove Service." Its 24...
Lawsuit: Tiffany Pushed Out
Worker With Cancer Mutation
Feb 17, 2017 1:43 AM CST
Lawsuit: Tiffany Pushed Out Worker With Cancer Mutation
She lost her job after having breast, ovaries removed
- A former employee of Tiffany & Co. says the jewelry maker pushed her out after she had her breasts and ovaries removed to avoid getting cancer. Lisa O'Rourke alleges in a federal lawsuit that the company discriminated against her because she carries a gene mutation that put her at...
Tiffany Sues Costco for Billions Over Fake Rings
Feb 15, 2013 8:55 AM CST
Tiffany Sues Costco for Billions Over Fake Rings
Costco allegedly sold hundreds of rings falsely claiming they were Tiffany
- Costco has been hit by a potentially multi-
-dollar lawsuit by Tiffany, as the luxury goods company claims the giant retailer sold hundreds, if not thousands, of diamond engagement rings labeled as Tiffany—which they weren't, reports Reuters . Tiffany was told by a customer in November that rings in a...
Jul 25, 2011 6:12 PM CDT
Gingrich Closed Tiffany Account
- Newt Gingrich's much-derided interest-free credit line at Tiffany & Co is no more, reports the
citing personal finance records that were released today. In May, financial disclosure forms for his wife, Callista, indicated the family had a credit line between $250,000 and $500,000 with the...
Newt's Account Is
Paid Off: Tiffany
May 25, 2011 7:23 AM CDT
Newt's Account Is Paid Off: Tiffany
But there are still lots of unanswered questions, writes Glenn Kessler
- Newt Gingrich's "Tiffany Time Account" has a zero balance, and all his payments to the jeweler “were made in a timely manner,” a rep tells the
. In his Fact Checker column, Glenn Kessler digs into exactly what that means (with apologies for "dealing...
Give These Gifts
and Get Lucky
Nov 8, 2009 12:39 PM CST
Give These Gifts and Get Lucky
Presents for the materialistic lady in your life
- If you're out to win the heart of a woman impressed with pricey baubles and bubbles,
has just the gift guide for you. Ask Santa to help you pay for:
La Perla Signature Collection:
A $242 bra may seem outrageous, but it's hand-embroidered and Italian.
Christian Louboutin heels:
Tiffany's Little Blue Box
Keeps Recession Out
Jul 30, 2009 11:30 AM CDT
Tiffany's Little Blue Box Keeps Recession Out
Although new cases tout "Items for under $750"
- Amid the global economic downturn, one American institution stands strong: Tiffany & Co. “Tiffany is as American as guns,” writes Cintra Wilson for the
New York Times
. “Tiffany has always managed to navigate the dark spells of the economic cycle. It has survived the Civil War, two...
Popular on Newser
Boy Dies After 'the Most Exciting Moment of His Life'
Baby Didn't Have Ticket for Flight. His Parents Left Him Behind
1 Killed, 2 Hurt in Rampage on DC Metro
Woman Dies After a Fall on Southwest Airlines' Jet Bridge
CDC: Stop Using These Eye Drops
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.