Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
NY Wrong-Way Driver to Be Exhumed
Family hopes testing will prove Diane Schuler wasn't drunk
- The body of Diane Schuler will exhumed in a bid by her family to disprove findings that the 36-year-old was drunk when she drove her minivan the wrong way on a New York freeway last month, causing a crash that killed eight people, said the family's lawyer on
DUI Arrests of Women Up 30% in Decade
- The number of women charged with driving under the influence has increased nearly 30% during the past decade, Transportation Department officials said today, while the number of men fell 7.5% in the same period. The department says the number of impaired women involved in a fatal crash increased in...
Don't Judge Car Crash Mom; Judge Alcoholism
- It’s easy to condemn Diane Schuler—the mom who drove drunk and stoned the wrong way on a highway and killed herself, four children, and three others—writes Susan Cheever on Salon. But “for those of us who have ever driven a car after having a few beers,...
NY Mom in Wrong-Way Crash Rarely Drank: Husband
- The woman who drove drunk and caused a New York highway crash that killed eight people rarely drank, said her husband, who suggested diabetes and other health problems were to blame. "She was not a drinker. She was not an alcoholic," Daniel Schuler said at a tearful news...
Popular on Newser
With One Week to Go, Here's What the Polls Say
On Morning of Family Trip, Cops Tell Wife of Hubby's Murder Plot
Jim Carrey as Joe Biden on SNL Isn't Going Over Well
COVID Antibodies Are 'Rapidly' Waning
Saddam's 'Red Devil' Is Reportedly Dead
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.