Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
To Woo Millennials, 4 Cereals
Are 'Kicking It Old School'
Sep 24, 2020 9:25 AM CDT
To Woo Millennials, 4 Cereals Are 'Kicking It Old School'
Cocoa Puffs, Trix, Cookie Crisp, Golden Grahams are going back to the '80s
- If your Cocoa Puffs taste especially chocolatey lately, it's not your imagination. That's because General Mills is tapping into consumer nostalgia in an effort to woo millennials and others via an update on four of its breakfast cereals, Food Dive reports. Or is that a backdate? "Your...
Dies at 43
Jul 7, 2015 10:16 AM CDT
Can't Buy Me Love
Star Dies at 43
Amanda Peterson found dead in Colorado of unknown causes
- Amanda Peterson, who starred as cheerleader Cindy Mancini in the 1987 rom-com
Can't Buy Me Love
, has been found dead in her apartment in Greeley, Colo. She was 43. While the official cause of death isn't known, Peterson's dad tells TMZ "she had some illness and...
Steve Jobs' 1983
Feb 14, 2014 11:14 AM CST
Steve Jobs' 1983 Time Capsule Uncovered
With some pretty cool stuff inside
- A massive time capsule put in the ground during 1983's Aspen International Design Conference earned the nickname the "Steve Jobs Time Capsule" after he dropped his own computer mouse into it. The pod was supposed to be unearthed in 2000, but construction in Aspen caused organizers to lose...
21 Reasons to
Be Glad It's
Not the '80s
Nov 24, 2013 1:56 PM CST
21 Reasons to Be Glad It's Not the '80s
Many involve tape, and all of them save you time
- It's almost Thanksgiving, so let's take a moment to appreciate the little things—specifically, the many frustrations of the 1980s that no longer require your attention. Benjamin Solomon provides a handy reminder of 21 of them, via
. The highlights:
You no longer have to stick a
Show Jani Lane's
Cause of Death
Aug 12, 2011 5:43 PM CDT
Autopsy Doesn't Show Jani Lane's Cause of Death
Now comes toxicology tests for Warrant singer, 47
- It will likely be several weeks before we get an official cause of death for former Warrant singer Jani Lane, who was found dead in his hotel room at age 47. An autopsy wasn't conclusive, and toxicology tests will take up to two months, reports AP . Other developments:
Aug 7, 2009 7:15 AM CDT
Greatest John Hughes Movie Moments
- John Hughes was the undisputed king of '80s teen comedy writes
in a look at the late producer/director's most classic moments.
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
, "Bueller...Bueller...Bueller?": Matthew Broderick's direct address to the audience on how to fake a sick day, followed by an empty desk
RIP John Hughes:
'Our Generation's Salinger'
Aug 6, 2009 8:24 PM CDT
RIP John Hughes: 'Our Generation's Salinger'
- Long live John Hughes, writes Patrick Goldstein in the
Los Angeles Times
. The director died "ridiculously young" today at 59, but he leaves an "unparalleled" legacy. "It was hard not to see a piece of ourselves in his films, especially his great '80s teen comedies, which seemed...
Popular on Newser
Prosecutors Whip Out Surprise Document in Trump Org Trial
She Vanished From Her Home. A FedEx Driver Has Been Arrested
Musk's Surprise Friday Leak: 'The Twitter Files'
Parliament Nears Outlawing Adultery and Insulting President
Troops Seal Off Town, Looking for Gang Members
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.