Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Peter, Paul and Mary
Folk Legend Booted From Fest Over 1969 Incident Responds
Peter Yarrow says he understands cancellation over decades-old 'indecent liberties' matter
- Peter Yarrow of Peter, Paul and Mary fame says he understands why the organizers of a music festival don't want him around. The 81-year-old musician has responded to the news that festival organizers in Norwich, New York, canceled his upcoming appearance after learning he pleaded guilty decades ago to...
Folk Legend Dropped From Festival Over 1969 Incident
Peter Yarrow of Peter, Paul, and Mary was pardoned, but is still paying
- A music festival has disinvited folk singer Peter Yarrow of Peter, Paul, and Mary over his 1970 jail sentence for indecent liberties with a 14-year-old girl. The
Press and Sun Bulletin
of Binghamton reports that board members of the Colorscape Chenango Arts Festival in upstate New York cited negative reaction...
Mary Travers, of Peter, Paul and Mary, Dead at 72
Member of folk trio had been battling leukemia
- Mary Travers, one-third of the hugely popular 1960s folk trio Peter, Paul and Mary, died today after a battle with leukemia, the band's publicist says. She was 72. Travers joined forces with Peter Yarrow and Noel Paul Stookey in the early 1960s. The trio mingled their music with liberal politics,...
Popular on Newser
Giuliani Appears to Touch Himself in Borat Scene
Giuliani Gives Alleged Hunter Biden Files to Cops
Nightmare Projectile Flies Into Student's Car
Fight Over Chris Pratt Gets Very Political
Family, Friends of Woman Killed by Falling Tree Will Get $28M
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.