Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Liz Cheney Exits Senate Race
Citing 'serious health issues' in family
- Things might now settle down around the Cheney family dinner table: Liz Cheney is dropping her controversial bid for a Senate seat in Wyoming. Cheney announced today she is dropping out of the race that sparked a very public feud with sister Mary and her wife over gay marriage, Politico...
Cheney on Daughters' Feud: 'Compassion Is Called for'
'Pained to see' fight over gay marriage become public, says dad
- Dick Cheney has weighed in on his daughters' public feud over gay marriage , defending Liz, whose spat with Mary is threatening to overshadow her Senate campaign in Wyoming. "This is an issue we have dealt with privately for many years, and we are pained to see it become public,...
Liz and Mary Cheney Feud Over Gay Marriage
Sister-in-law has dig at Senate campaign
- Simmering Cheney family tensions over gay marriage have boiled over again—and the gloves are off this time. Wyoming Senate candidate Liz Cheney yesterday told Fox News she "believes in the traditional definition of marriage" and while she loves her sister Mary, who is married to a woman, "...
Mary Cheney: Sorry, Liz Is 'Dead Wrong'
Dick Cheney's lesbian daughter defends gay marrriage
- Sisters, there were never such bickering sisters: Dick Cheney's daughters are going mano a mano over the issue of gay marriage, with Mary Cheney—who is gay and married longtime partner Heather Poe last year —now responding to sister Liz's stance against it . “For the record,...
Sorry, Sis: Liz Cheney Opposes Gay Marriage
Says she's against it amid Wyoming race
- Liz Cheney had to clarify her conservative bona fides today in her campaign for the Senate in Wyoming. The candidate released a statement saying, “I am strongly pro-life and I am not pro-gay marriage,” reports the
. That could get a little dicey at family get-togethers given...
Dick Cheney's Daughter Marries Her Partner
Mary Cheney and Heather Poe wed in Washington
- Dick Cheney's daughter Mary wed her longtime partner today in Washington, reports the Daily Caller . Mary Cheney married Heather Poe, and the former VP is thrilled, according to a statement from him and his wife. “Mary and Heather have been in a committed relationship for many years, and...
Cheney Dynasty Is a Chilling Prospect
Cheney-Palin 2012, anybody?
- A new political dynasty appears to be rising from the ashes of the Bush administration and it's creeping out Maureen Dowd. The Cheney clan has been leading the way in attacking bipartisanship and painting Obama as soft on foreign policy, Dowd writes in the
New York Times.
And now they're...
Coming Soon: Cheney, Cheney & Cheney?
Dick and Liz likely to join Mary's political consulting biz
- Need advice on the ins and outs of waterboarding or invading a rogue nation? Look no further than Mary Cheney's new political consulting firm. Cheney, the former veep's lesbian daughter, is leaving her job to start her own company, and insiders say she plans to bring both dad Dick and...
Cheney Daughter, Partner Expecting Baby No. 2
Dick Cheney to get a new grandchild from lesbian daughter Mary Cheney
- Dick Cheney’s daughter Mary is braving another conservative firestorm after confirming she and long-time partner Heather Poe are expecting their second child in November. Cheney plans to take maternity leave, then start a consulting firm with sister—and rising GOP star—Liz. Cheney told friends about her pregnancy four...
Popular on Newser
Harry Reid: If Dems Win, Give GOP 'No More Than 3 Weeks'
Report: Here's How Woman Died in 'Ungodly' Accident
Fistfights Break Out at Bloody Trump Rally
Election Feature That 'Triggered' Dems Is Gone
Mark Meadows Makes Startling COVID Comment
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.