Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
School Dean Sends Out
'Tone Deaf' Dance Video
Mar 29, 2020 1:50 PM CDT
School Dean Sends Out 'Tone Deaf' Dance Video
Not exactly what NYU students were hoping for
- Hundreds of students seeking lower tuitions amid the coronavirus pandemic appear to be out of luck—and miffed at what they did get, the
New York Post
reports. Allyson Green, dean of New York University Tisch School of the Arts, answered their pleas by emailing them a video of her...
Apr 8, 2013 10:30 AM CDT
Inside REM's Final Days
Michael Stipe's words at last gig: 'Hooray, we're done'
- After completing his final performance with REM, a teary-eyed Michael Stipe quietly mouthed, "Hooray, we're done." Working on their last album, the band had chosen Berlin's legendary Hansa TonStudio for the final recording session. Since there was to be no tour for the album, a camera...
R.E.M. to Fox:
Sep 7, 2012 4:09 PM CDT
R.E.M. to Fox: Stop Playing Our Music
Michael Stipe doesn't appear to be a fan of the network
- Today's entry in the don't-mix-my-music-with-your-politics meme: R.E.M. sent a cease-and-desist letter to Fox News after the network used "Losing My Religion" in its coverage of the Democratic convention, notes the Hollywood Reporter . At least Michael Stipe was more colorful than most: "We have little...
Stipe: REM Breakup
3 Years in the Making
Nov 14, 2011 11:51 AM CST
Stipe: REM Breakup 3 Years in the Making
He explains to Salon why the band didn't do a farewell tour
- REM’s break-up, announced in September , wasn’t a snap decision. The band had been talking about it during its 2008 tour, Michael Stipe tells Salon in a lengthy sit-down. “The decision came about quite organically, like most things in REM,” he says. By the end of that...
Best Videos of the Decade
Nov 12, 2009 1:33 PM CST
Best Videos of the Decade
Music industry may be changing, but the format is alive and well
- The "aughties" saw a breakdown in the traditional music business and the outlets for music videos. But that doesn't mean people didn't make good ones—maybe they're even better for it. Steve LaBate runs down the best since 2000 in Paste. A sampling:
Outkast, "Bombs Over Baghdad": "
Popular on Newser
WHO Names Variant; US Issues Travel Restrictions
New COVID Variant Is a 'Big Jump in Evolution'
Snowboarding Legend Dies in Filming Accident
Wrongfully Jailed at 18, He's Now a Millionaire
Taylor Swift Just Outdid 'American Pie'
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.