Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
To Prepare for China, India Must First Beat the Himalayas
India rushes to bring infrastructure to remote border areas
- An Indian man recently hiked for seven hours over treacherous terrain to hand deliver a can of diesel fuel—just enough for soldiers on the disputed India-China border to run a generator for 10 hours. This was not an unusual occurrence. The
Wall Street Journal
takes a fascinating look at...
India to Let US Search Himalayas for WWII Remains
Sensitivities with China may have blocked past recovery efforts
- The remains of hundreds of American servicemen and the wreckage of their planes have been scattered across the most remote reaches of the Himalayas since World War II. Yesterday, however, India agreed to let teams from the US Joint POW/MIA Accounting Command search for and recover those remains. The
India Miffed By Obama's Bond With Beijing
Perceived slights complicate PM Singh's DC visit next week
- President Obama might find Indian PM Manmohan Singh a bit prickly when he arrives in Washington this weekend, after Obama gave India short shrift during his recent Asia trip. Obama didn’t mention India at all in his speech on US relations with Asia, and caused further offense in a...
Popular on Newser
An Elderly Man Died of COVID. His Obit Pulls No Punches
CDC Makes Significant Change to Its Mask Advice
Surfers' Warning: Don't Use a Lock Box
Mistake Leads to Mauling at Carole Baskin's Rescue
Prosecutors Raise Concerns About Rittenhouse Fundraising
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.