Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Lev Parnas Explains
His Decision to Talk
Jan 17, 2020 9:21 AM CST
Lev Parnas Explains His Decision to Talk
Former Giuliani associate says he felt betrayed by lack of support after arrest
- Former Rudy Giuliani associate Lev Parnas is continuing his public accusations against President Trump's Ukraine maneuvers. On Wednesday, Parnas made big news by appearing on Rachel Maddow's MSNBC show and asserting that Trump himself knew all about the pressure being put on Ukraine's president to announce an...
Rick Perry Sees Trump
as the 'Chosen One'
Nov 25, 2019 11:26 AM CST
Rick Perry Sees Trump as the 'Chosen One'
In fairness, he thought Obama was one, too
- President Trump took a ribbing over the summer when he referred to himself as the "chosen one." Trump later called the remark sarcastic, but it appears Rick Perry disagrees. In an interview with Ed Henry of Fox News, the energy secretary said Trump was indeed "the chosen...
Nov 2, 2019 6:00 AM CDT
House Investigators to Perry: You're Up. Perry: Nope
Spokeswoman for energy secretary says he'll only 'partake' in impeachment inquiry if it's public
- The first member of Trump's Cabinet has been summoned to testify in the impeachment inquiry on the president—and it looks like he may not be going. A source tells the AP that Rick Perry's House appearance is set for Wednesday, but the energy secretary has already ignored...
Be Gone Soon
Oct 17, 2019 5:10 PM CDT
Perry Tells Trump He'll Be Gone Soon
Energy secretary is under spotlight in Ukraine inquiry
- Energy Secretary Rick Perry has notified the president that he intends to leave his job soon. That's according to an administration official who confirmed the news on condition of anonymity, the AP reports. Perry was traveling with President Trump to Texas on Thursday when he shared the news aboard...
Latest House Subpoena
Goes to Rick Perry
Oct 10, 2019 5:05 PM CDT
Latest House Subpoena Goes to Rick Perry
Committees want documents on Ukraine contacts
- Energy Secretary Rick Perry has been subpoenaed by three House committees for documents in connection with their investigations into President Trump's communications with Ukraine. Perry has until Oct. 18 to turn over the files, Axios reports. News reports "have raised questions about any role you may have played...
Ukraine Call Was
Oct 6, 2019 8:17 AM CDT
Ukraine Call Was Perry's Idea, Trump Says
Energy secretary wasn't named in White House detailing of Zelensky conversation
- President Trump didn't really want to call Ukraine's president in the first place, he has told Republican members of Congress, but Rick Perry wanted him to. Trump told lawmakers this in a conference call Friday, Axios reports, saying that Perry asked him to talk to President Volodymyr Zelensky...
Reports: Trump Is About to
Lose Another Cabinet Member
Oct 4, 2019 6:51 AM CDT
Reports: Trump Is About to Lose Another Cabinet Member
Announcement from Energy Secretary Rick Perry on his resignation said to be coming soon
- Looks like the Trump administration is about to lose another Cabinet member. Politico reported late Thursday that Energy Secretary Rick Perry is set to announce he's stepping down, with sources "familiar with his plans" saying his departure would come by the end of next month. The
May 30, 2019 12:20 PM CDT
Introducing America's New Export, 'Freedom Gas'
Department of Energy's new term is met with skepticism
- Why call it liquefied natural gas when you can call it "freedom gas"? The patriotic term is making headlines after being spotted in a press release from the Department of Energy. On Tuesday, the department headed by Rick Perry announced that exports of the fuel source would be...
Secretary May Be
on the Way Out
Mar 13, 2018 6:35 PM CDT
Embattled VA Secretary May Be on the Way Out
President considers replacing him with Rick Perry, insiders say
- President Donald Trump is considering ousting embattled Veterans Affairs Secretary David Shulkin, who has faced an insurgency within his department and fresh allegations that he used a member of his security detail to run personal errands, the AP reports. Trump has floated the notion of moving Energy Secretary Rick Perry...
Ex-DOE Staffer: My Rick Perry
Photos Got Me Fired
Jan 18, 2018 11:04 AM CST
Ex-DOE Staffer: My Rick Perry Photos Got Me Fired
Photographer says there was retaliation after he leaked pics of meeting between Perry, coal baron
- Snapping photos of a meeting attended by Energy Secretary Rick Perry was part of Simon Edelman's role as a Department of Energy photographer. Yet he says he lost his job for doing just that, and ensuring the photos were seen. In an interview with the AP , Edelman says he...
Rick Perry Makes
Bold Claim on
Nov 2, 2017 5:09 PM CDT
Rick Perry Makes Bold Claim on Fossil Fuels, Sexual Assault
Energy secretary defends expanding export of fossil fuels to Africa
- Rick Perry said Thursday that fossil fuels, far from harming people in third-world countries via climate change, can actually prevent sexual assaults, Politico reports. According to the Hill , the Energy secretary was speaking at an event with
Meet the Press
host Chuck Todd and the CEO of Axios. Perry, who...
Rick Perry Fell
for Prank Call That
Lasted 22 Minutes
Jul 26, 2017 6:44 AM CDT
Rick Perry Fell for Prank Call That Lasted 22 Minutes
Energy secretary discussed cyberattacks and pig manure with Russian pranksters
- Bad news for Rick Perry: The promising new biofuel made from pig manure and homebrewed alcohol he wants to learn more about isn't real—and the person who told him about it wasn't Ukrainian Prime Minister Volodymyr Groysman. The energy secretary's 22-minute phone call July 19 with...
Rick Perry Pens
Mar 24, 2017 12:46 PM CDT
'Deeply Concerned' Rick Perry Pens Op-Ed About Student Election
US energy secretary accuses Texas A&M of rigging election for gay student
- Rick Perry, new US energy secretary, is "deeply concerned" about something. But don't worry, it's not America's aging nuclear stockpile but the results of a student election in Texas. CNN reports that after the winner of Texas A&M's election for student body president was...
Mar 2, 2017 2:30 PM CST
Rick Perry Confirmed as Energy Secretary
Earlier, the Senate gave the nod to Ben Carson at HUD
- Another former rival joins the Cabinet: The Senate has confirmed former Texas Gov. Rick Perry to serve as energy secretary under President Trump. The vote was 62-37 on Thursday, per AP . The move comes hours after Ben Carson was confirmed at HUD. Perry—who once pledged to eliminate the department—...
Rick Perry Sorry He Wanted
to Get Rid of Energy Dept.
Jan 19, 2017 12:28 PM CST
Rick Perry Sorry He Wanted to Get Rid of Energy Dept.
Statements 'do not reflect my current thinking,' says appointee
- Oops . Rick Perry, who famously pledged to get rid of the Energy Department while simultaneously forgetting its name in 2012, says he regrets that now that he's learned what the department actually does, the
reports. Perry is Donald Trump's pick to head the department, and...
: Perry Took Energy Post,
Didn't Realize Gist of Job
Jan 19, 2017 10:30 AM CST
: Perry Took Energy Post, Didn't Realize Gist of Job
Paper reports he didn't know nukes were department's main focus
- When Rick Perry goes before a Senate panel Thursday for his confirmation hearing to be energy secretary, he will surely be asked why he should lead an agency he once promised to eliminate. But a
New York Times
story suggests another line of questioning: It asserts that when he accepted...
Rand Paul Airs
Dec 25, 2016 12:03 PM CST
Rand Paul Airs His Grievances
And they include Donald Trump, the media, and Peter Thiel
- Rand Paul can be nothing if not persistent , and the Kentucky senator's annual Festivus airing of grievances proved no exception this year, reports the
In honor of the
holiday, Paul took to Twitter on Friday to list his litany of light-hearted and not-so-light-hearted complaints. Highlights of his...
Rick Perry Coverage
Has One Clear Theme
Dec 13, 2016 8:05 PM CST
Rick Perry Coverage Has One Clear Theme
It's not hard to spot
- News that Donald Trump has settled on Rick Perry to run the Energy Department prompted a slew of stories Tuesday with one common refrain, and the former Texas governor must be
with it. Here's a sampling:
NBC News : "President-elect Donald Trump has selected former Texas Gov. Rick
Trump Picks Perry
as Energy Chief:
Dec 13, 2016 11:34 AM CST
Trump Picks Perry as Energy Chief: Reports
Yes, it's the department he once vowed to abolish
- Donald Trump has decided on Rick Perry to lead the Energy Department, though that department wouldn't actually exist if Perry had his wish, reports the
New York Times
. NBC News and the
are also among several outlets reporting the news after the former Texas governor met with...
Rick Perry May Lead Dept.
He Famously Forgot: Report
Dec 11, 2016 1:11 PM CST
Rick Perry May Lead Dept. He Famously Forgot: Report
And he presumably doesn't want to abolish Energy Department anymore
- Donald Trump is reportedly down to four candidates for energy secretary, and they include two Democratic senators from big energy-producing states, a former chairman of the Republican National Committee, and, uh, if history were any indicator the fourth name would escape Rick Perry's memory. Yes, Perry, the former Texas...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Tagovailoa Speaks on His Latest Hard Hit
Trump Says McConnell Has 'Death Wish,' Insults His Wife
Democrat Wants New Leaders After Stock Ban Stalls
Ruling on Naomi Judd Death Probe Sees a 180
Father Attacks Meta After Girl's Death
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.