Rand Paul can be nothing if not persistent, and the Kentucky senator's annual Festivus airing of grievances proved no exception this year, reports the Guardian. In honor of the Seinfeld holiday, Paul took to Twitter on Friday to list his litany of light-hearted and not-so-light-hearted complaints. Highlights of his zingers and their targets:
- Donald Trump's Cabinet: "New administration is lookin good. Haven’t seen this many billionaires in 1 place since I staked out Bilderbergs w/Alex Jones. Good times."
- Peter Thiel: "@peterthiel is advising the President Elect. That's great. But his plan 2 make the Statue of Liberty into a digital stop sign is a bit much."
- Rick Perry: "My favorite cabinet pick is what’s his name, umm it’s that guy who wanted to eliminate the Dept of @ENERGY. Hang on I’ll think of it..."
- John Bolton: "I know I’ve said a lot about @AmbJohnBolton so you’re probably expecting me 2 say something nice for the holidays. Nope. #AiringofGrievances."
- Your tax dollars at work: "We’ve got a lot of problems w/ how our tax dollars are spent & you've only heard about some. But I'm not done yet...http://bit.ly/2h9Ob71"
- War on Christmas: "I'm gonna have to stop tweeting about Festivus soon, @FoxNews just asked me to come on & talk about my own personal #WaronChristmas. Rude."
- Oh, and: "For the folks at @MSNBC, that was a joke."
- And finally, complete with a sparkly "drama queen" GIF: "For those of you ‘media’ writing serious stories about my Festivus jokes, I don’t even know what to say, just stop..."
Sorry, Rand. (Read more Festivus