Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Why This Man Needs to Find an 'Elizabeth Gallagher'
Jordan Axani looking for someone to take place of his ex on big trip
- It's a tale straight out of a rom-com. Jordan Axani, a 28-year-old real estate manager in Toronto, booked a globe-hopping Christmas trip back in March with then-girlfriend Elizabeth Gallagher. The operative word being "then." Now they've split, and Axani still wants to go on the trip,...
Travelers Still Stranded as Airports Struggle With Snow
Flights slowly resume, but some could be stuck days
- The Northeast struggled for the second day to dig itself out from the weekend’s blizzard today, as travelers around the country cursed the snow. Though all three major New York airports have begun accepting flights again, the three have amongst them canceled a total of almost 1,500 flights,...
I'll Get Home Next Christmas: Thousands Still Stranded
New York City just starting to get moving again
- Thousands of travelers are still sitting bored and bleary-eyed in airports, stuck buses, and subways today, a day after parts of the Northeast got slammed by more than 2 feet of show. "People are exhausted. They want to get home," sighed a Tel Aviv-bound traveler who had been...
Storm Could Drop Foot of Snow on NYC, Boston
Hundreds of flights canceled
- A rare white Christmas in parts of the South complicated life for travelers, and airlines canceled hundreds of flights ahead of heavy snow for the East Coast. The National Weather Service said the storm could bring about a foot of snow to New York City and Boston tomorrow, up to...
12-Day Strike Will Ground British Airways
10-day walkout by cabin crew over staffing to cost airline $500M
- Passengers of struggling British Airways will be struggling themselves this holiday season if a strike by cabin crews announced today goes forward. Should labor and management not reach a deal, the job action would ground flights between Dec. 22 and Jan. 2. The walkout by 12,500 workers over staffing...
Popular on Newser
Mysterious Monolith Discovered in Utah
Biden Pick's Unusual Hobby: 'He's a Rocker'
He Ordered One Beer, Left Massive Tip
PSA From Family Sickened by COVID: 'We Feel Guilty'
GSA Boss Wants Law Changed
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.