Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
First Lady Michelle Obama
Stories 1 - 20 |
Fallon Devotes Entire
Show to Michelle Obama
Jan 12, 2017 4:03 AM CST
Fallon Devotes Entire Show to Michelle Obama
A 'strong, smart' woman and 'a great dancer'
- Jimmy Fallon devoted an entire episode of
The Tonight Show
on Wednesday to bidding farewell to First Lady Michelle Obama, whom he called "a strong, smart, independent woman, an activist, a style icon, and a great dancer." Obama was Fallon's sole guest, though Dave Chappelle and Jerry...
Stars in 'Funny
or Die' Video
Sep 3, 2014 10:40 AM CDT
Michelle Obama Stars in 'Funny or Die' Video
'Snackpocalypse' is fake horror movie trailer about junk food
- No, “Snackpocalypse” is not a real movie—though it sure looks like one. The mock trailer features Chloe Grace Moretz in a world where junk food has turned people into zombies, Politico reports. It's the latest in Michelle Obama's campaign to get US schools to offer fruits...
Hands Off of
May 29, 2014 12:32 PM CDT
Michelle Obama to Congress: Hands Off of School Lunches
First lady hits House attempts to weaken school lunch standards
- She's not naming any names, but Michelle Obama is taking to the pages of the
New York Times
today to call out "some members of the House of Representatives" who took the "Let's Move" in her anti-childhood obesity program to mean "Let's Move ... Squarely...
Apr 3, 2013 9:11 AM CDT
Michelle Obama: Barack
a Sex Symbol
'He's got a little swag,' she says of the president
- Michelle Obama was on
last night—so, needless to say, the interview covered such hard-hitting topics as her husband's "swag" and her bangs, Mediaite reports. Asked what it's like to be married to a "sex symbol," Obama replied of her husband, "He'...
Jan 18, 2013 8:53 AM CST
Michelle Obama's New Hairdo 'Bangtastic'
First lady's new look called youthful, chic
- Michelle Obama kicked off her new Twitter account ( @FLOTUS ) and her 49th birthday with a new hairdo yesterday, sending the Internet into a tizzy over her bangs. It's a departure for the first lady, who usually sports a loose semi-bob or pulls her hair back tightly. But...
Sep 17, 2012 1:15 AM CDT
Rodeo Clown Ripped for 'Racist' Michelle Dig
Now California quipster may get ax
- A California rodeo clown will likely lose his job after sharing what spectators ripped as a racist joke about the first lady over the microphone during a bronc and bull-busting event. The clown quipped that
had offered Ann Romney $250,000 to appear in the magazine, and the White...
Sep 4, 2012 9:35 PM CDT
Michelle: Stand by My Man
'You don't slam door of opportunity shut behind you,' says Obama
- Michelle Obama sashayed to the Democratic National Convention podium tonight to Stevie Wonder's "Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I'm Yours," intent on delivering a one-two punch to Ann Romney and her husband. The first lady confessed her trepidation about her husband becoming the commander in chief when he...
Rush to Steal
Aug 27, 2012 1:15 PM CDT
Dems, GOP Rush to Steal Each Others' Convention Thunder
Battle on for spotlight, even during convention close-up
- In past years, Democrats and Republicans would lay low while the other team bathed in nearly uninterrupted media coverage for week. How quaint. This year, expect plenty of "counter-programming" from both sides, as each tries to steal as much of the other's convention coverage as possible, reports Reuters...
Miami School Board
Ax Michelle Event
Jul 10, 2012 2:24 PM CDT
Miami School Board Members: Ax Michelle Event
Michelle Obama's campaign event inappropriate, they argue
- A couple of Republicans on the Miami-Dade School Board are not happy with Michelle Obama's plan to hold a campaign event at one of their high schools tonight. The first lady plans to push voter registration and enlist residents to volunteer for President Obama's re-election campaign—and two...
Defends Ann Romney
Apr 12, 2012 11:42 AM CDT
Michelle Obama Defends Ann Romney
Romney herself again dismisses 'never worked' criticism
- Michelle Obama comes to Ann Romney's defense on Twitter today, without mentioning her by name. "Every mother works hard, and every woman deserves to be respected. –mo," she wrote on her Twitter feed , notes Politico . Romney has been at the center of the latest campaign brouhaha...
Met Hop Aboard
Google Art Project
Apr 4, 2012 6:25 AM CDT
White House, Met Hop Aboard Google Art Project
Online gallery now has works from 151 museums in 40 countries
- The White House's art collection, all 139 pieces, is being added to the Google Art Project, as part of a major expansion of Google's online art initiative, reports CBS News . Other collections being added include the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York, the National Gallery in London,...
to Appear on
Mar 28, 2012 4:30 PM CDT
Michelle Obama to Appear on
First lady invites contestants to a workout at the White House
- The first lady is coming to prime time. Michelle Obama will appear on NBC's
The Biggest Loser
the next two Tuesdays, reports the
. In the first episode, Obama will appear via video on the weight-loss show, inviting
contestants to the White House. In the second, she...
Mar 20, 2012 7:19 AM CDT
Michelle Obama to Letterman: 'Don't Make Me Cry'
First lady dishes on sneaking out, Bo, how much Obama loves Congress
- Michelle Obama dropped by David Letterman's
last night, giving the dour late-night host the scoop on that Target trip that got everyone talking , sneaking out of the White House (which she apparently does semi-regularly ), her dad, her "son" Bo, and more. A rundown of the...
'Sings to Me
All the Time'
jay leno interview
Feb 1, 2012 6:45 AM CST
Michelle: Barack 'Sings to Me All the Time'
First lady dishes on husband's skills with Jay Leno
- If you thought the recent clip of President Obama singing was a fluke, think again: "He does have a beautiful voice, and he sings to me all the time," Michelle Obama told Jay Leno last night. Her husband often sings that very same song (Al Green's "...
Has a Right
to Be 'Angry'
Jan 14, 2012 8:59 AM CST
Michelle Obama Has a Right to Be 'Angry'
Everyone should be over this slur: Kathleen Parker
- The latest round of attempts to portray Michelle Obama as an "angry black woman" are enough to make any sensible person angry, writes Kathleen Parker in the
. Parker says the various political operatives and former staffers she has talked to, including Republicans, "without exception" have all...
Michelle Obama: Don't Call
Me an 'Angry Black Woman'
Jan 11, 2012 9:26 AM CST
Michelle Obama: Don't Call Me an 'Angry Black Woman'
First lady responds to claims made in Jodi Kantor's book
- Michelle Obama says she hasn't read Jodi Kantor's new—and, at times, unflattering—book on the Obamas, but she does take offense to what's in it. Speaking to CBS co-anchor/long-time pal Gayle King, Obama explains that she has grown weary of people portraying her as "some...
at First: Book
Jan 10, 2012 1:05 AM CST
Michelle Frightened at First: Book
Details of Jodi Kantor book continue behind-the-scenes look
- Details from
New York Times
reporter Jodi Kantor, continue to trickle out , and ABC News reports on revelations of a personal nature. According to Kantor, Michelle Obama felt "frightened and alone" during her first days in the White House. The first lady wanted to stay behind...
Michelle Obama: An
Jan 7, 2012 6:42 AM CST
Michelle Obama: An 'Unrecognized Force'
First lady has been a powerful player in her husband's White House: Book
- A new (unauthorized) book by
New York Times
reporter Jodi Kantor depicts Michelle Obama as an "unrecognized force" in her husband's administration, according to an adaptation of
. Though initially reluctant to be a meddling first lady, she began voicing concerns when she felt...
Dec 29, 2011 4:22 AM CST
Sundress Set Michelle Back $2K
Critics keep seeing dollar signs in pricey Hawaii vacation
- Irritated penny-pinchers are still tallying up the costs of the First Family's Hawaiian vacation. Because Michelle and the girls went on ahead while the president wrestled with the payroll tax cut extension, some estimates put the price tag for the get-away at $4 million. Now critics are eyeing Michelle'...
Why Was First Lady Booed?
She's 'Uppity': Limbaugh
Nov 22, 2011 5:06 AM CST
Why Was First Lady Booed? She's 'Uppity': Limbaugh
'We don't like to be told what to eat,' Rush snipes at 'Moochelle'
- Rush Limbaugh once again has chosen his words for ultimate explosive effect, explaining that NASCAR fans booed Michelle Obama —whom he referred to as "Moochelle"—because they're sick of her "uppityism." We "don’t like paying millions of dollars for Mrs. Obama’s...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Secrets of Playboy 's Hugh Hefner Allegations Are Graphic
'Stealth Omicron' Has Arrived in the US
After 6 Years in Jail for Staying Mum on Gold, a New Roadblock
Man Fired, Charged After Rant in Smoothie Store
In This City, a US First on Gun Ownership
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.