Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Archbishop Denies Wedding
Claim by Meghan and Harry
Mar 31, 2021 8:54 AM CDT
Archbishop Denies Wedding Claim by Meghan and Harry
They were officially married on the day the public saw them take vows, not during secret event
- Among the many bombshells dropped during their now famous interview with Oprah Winfrey, Meghan Markle and husband Prince Harry revealed they'd been secretly wed three days before the public Saturday ceremony in May 2018. The Sussexes claimed to have been married by Justin Welby, the archbishop of Canterbury, in...
Beatrice Took 'Something
Borrowed' to New Heights
Jul 19, 2020 7:19 AM CDT
Beatrice Took 'Something Borrowed' to New Heights
It appears the queen loaned her granddaughter a dress she once wore to a movie premier
- Princess Beatrice quietly got married to Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi in a dress in which she could have rejoined any compliments with, "what, this old thing?" The dress—ahem, "a vintage Peau De Soie taffeta dress, in shades of ivory by Norman Hartnell ... trimmed with duchess satin and encrusted...
Beatrice Ties the Knot,
Claims a Royal First
Jul 17, 2020 9:48 AM CDT
Beatrice Ties the Knot, Claims a Royal First
Princess marries Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi is first blood royal to become a stepmom
- It likely wasn't the wedding Princess Beatrice had planned, but she's now a married woman. The BBC reports the 31-year-old daughter of Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson tied the knot with Italian property developer Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi, 37, on Friday in a small private ceremony at the Royal...
Princess Beatrice to
Wed a Property Tycoon
Sep 26, 2019 7:40 AM CDT
Princess Beatrice to Wed a Property Tycoon
She'll marry Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi next year
- A royal wedding is coming in 2020. Princess Beatrice, ninth in line for the British throne, will marry multi-millionaire businessman Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi following their engagement in Italy earlier this month, Buckingham Palace announced Thursday. The 31-year-old daughter of Prince Andrew and Sarah, Duchess of York, is believed to have...
Is Now a Commoner
Oct 29, 2018 11:21 AM CDT
Japanese Princess Is Now a Commoner
Princess Ayako does it all for love
- Princess Ayako of Japan on Monday wed Kei Moriya at Tokyo's Meiji Shrine—and became Princess Ayako no more. Per imperial law, in choosing not to marry a royal, the 28-year-old had to give up her royal status. She'll be given a parting sum of $950,000 from...
The Unusual Reason Behind
Newest Royal Wedding Dress
Oct 12, 2018 10:22 AM CDT
The Unusual Reason Behind Newest Royal Wedding Dress
Princess Eugenie purposely picked a backless number to show off a childhood scar
- Britain's Princess Eugenie married tequila executive Jack Brooksbank in a star-studded royal wedding Friday at St. George's Chapel on the grounds of Windsor Castle. The 28-year-old bride, a granddaughter of Queen Elizabeth II and ninth in line to the British throne, wore a long-sleeved gown with a fitted...
Sewn Into Markle's Veil,
a Secret Nod to 1st Date
Sep 23, 2018 8:31 AM CDT
Sewn Into Markle's Veil, a Secret Nod to 1st Date
A piece of fabric from the dress she wore on date with Harry was her 'something blue'
- There was much ado made over Meghan Markle's wedding dress , but the new addition to the British royal family is dribbling out an extra detail vis a vis HBO documentary
The Queen of the World
Gazing at her 16-foot veil, she reveals her quiet nod to tradition:...
Bishop Who Enchanted
Royal Wedding Has Cancer
Jul 29, 2018 8:05 AM CDT
Bishop Who Enchanted Royal Wedding Has Cancer
Michael Curry says 'do say a prayer,' will have surgery Tuesday
- Bishop Michael Curry, whose distinctly American sermon on the power of love stole the Prince Harry-Meghan Markle show , has prostate cancer, reports WJZ-TV . The Baltimore Episcopalian was diagnosed a few months ago at an annual physical, meaning he likely knew his prognosis at the time of the royal wedding. He'...
Royal Wedding Expert With
Posh UK Accent Is American
Jun 3, 2018 9:37 AM CDT
Royal Wedding Expert With Posh UK Accent Is American
Thomas J. Mace-Archer-Mills, Esq., could also be called Tommy Muscatello
- Thomas J. Mace-Archer-Mills, Esq., knew more about the royal wedding than the millions who listened to his global TV commentary outside Windsor Castle—delivered in a posh British accent. It turns out he's a mere Italian-American mortal, from upstate New York, the AP reports. Tommy Muscatello first learned to...
Watch Harry Make Shocking
Boast About Giraffes
May 24, 2018 11:48 AM CDT
Watch Harry Make Shocking Boast About Giraffes
It's all in good fun in Bad Lip Reading's hilarious new take on the royal wedding
- Sure, he swore at the altar . But at least Prince Harry didn't say the quotes jokingly attributed to him by the clever minds behind Bad Lip Reading. The YouTube channel's video re-imagining Saturday's royal wedding, with 5.4 million views in two days, leaves watchers wondering if...
Palace Releases Official
Royal Wedding Photos
May 21, 2018 11:00 AM CDT
Palace Releases Official Royal Wedding Photos
Family portrait included among 3 new images
- Kensington Palace has released three official wedding photographs taken of Prince Harry and the former Meghan Markle shortly after their wedding, the AP reports. Alexi Lubomirski's images include a family portrait of the couple with Queen Elizabeth II, Prince Charles, Prince William, and their spouses, as well as Markle'...
Meghan and Harry's First
Dance: Her 'Happy Song'
May 21, 2018 6:43 AM CDT
Meghan and Harry's First Dance: Her 'Happy Song'
They've delayed their honeymoon for royal duties
- Britain is winding down from the royal event of the year , but the newly minted Duke and Duchess of Sussex won't be slipping away for a honeymoon just yet: They plan to commence royal duties at Buckingham Palace on Tuesday with an appearance at a garden party in honor...
the World Sees
May 19, 2018 7:00 AM CDT
After Much Anticipation, the World Sees Meghan's Dress
A Givenchy boat-necked silk gown designed by Clare Waight Keller
- British designer Clare Waight Keller is the master designer behind the silk boat-necked gown and long veil worn by Meghan Markle as she walked down the flower-bedecked nave of St. George's Chapel for her wedding to Prince Harry. Waight Keller, the first female artistic director of French fashion house...
All Questions on the
May 19, 2018 6:00 AM CDT
All Questions on the Royal Nuptials, Answered Here
The basics, the minutiae, and the drama
- If you just woke up to the realization that there's a major media event going on—i.e., the Meghan Markle-Prince Harry wedding on the other side of the pond—and also to the realization you really don't know much about the ins and outs of royal weddings,...
Inside the Swag Bags:
Water, a Fridge Magnet
May 19, 2018 5:30 AM CDT
Inside the Swag Bags: Water, a Fridge Magnet
And other goodies
- Oprah Winfrey, Idris Elba, George and Amal Clooney, the Beckhams, and Serena Williams were among the hundreds of celebrities, royalty, and other guests who trickled in Saturday to St. George's Chapel for Prince Harry's wedding to Meghan Markle, per the AP . And what's a party without goodie...
Princes Surprise Well-Wishers
With Stroll on Eve of Wedding
May 18, 2018 6:30 PM CDT
Princes Surprise Well-Wishers With Stroll on Eve of Wedding
Coverage in the US starts early, as in 4am Eastern
- If you want to watch the royal wedding live, you’d better set your alarm. CBS, for example, will start its coverage at 4am Eastern Saturday, but think Super Bowl pregame show, because the wedding won’t really start until 6:30am. That's when Prince Harry will join brother...
No One Will Formally
Give Meghan Markle Away
May 18, 2018 6:00 AM CDT
No One Will Formally Give Meghan Markle Away
But Prince Charles will walk her down the aisle
- Prince Charles will stand in—partially—for Meghan Markle's dad on Saturday. Kensington Palace said in a statement released Friday that Markle "has asked His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales to accompany her down the aisle of the Quire of St George's Chapel on her Wedding...
Meghan Markle Issues
Statement on Her Father
May 17, 2018 7:24 AM CDT
Meghan Markle Issues Statement on Her Father
'I have always cared for my father,' bride-to-be says
- The "will he" or "won't he" debate is finally settled. Meghan Markle's father, Thomas Markle, will not attend his daughter's wedding Saturday to Prince Harry, the soon-to-be royal confirmed in a statement Thursday, per CNN . "I have always cared for my father and hope...
Meghan Markle Opts for
Very Young Bridal Party
May 16, 2018 7:15 AM CDT
Meghan Markle Opts for Very Young Bridal Party
George will be a page boy, Charlotte a bridesmaid in wedding
- Prince George and Princess Charlotte will have prominent roles in Saturday's royal wedding. Kensington Palace said Wednesday that 4-year-old George will be a page boy and 3-year-old Charlotte will be a bridesmaid at the wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, per the AP . The third child of Prince...
The Royal Wedding
Daddy Drama Heats Up
May 15, 2018 1:04 PM CDT
The Royal Wedding Daddy Drama Heats Up
TMZ now reports Thomas Markle has changed his mind about bowing out
- What Kensington Palace described as "a deeply personal moment for Ms. Markle in the days before her wedding" is serious fodder for TMZ, which says it has the latest scoop on Meghan Markle's father. After first reporting Thomas Markle decided not to attend his daughter's Saturday nuptials...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
New Leads on How Live Ammo May Have Gotten on Rust Set
Chief of Staff: Trump Tested Positive, Didn't Reveal It
Before Oxford High School Shooting, Rumors of Attack
Sheriff: Dad of Oxford Suspect Bought Gun on Black Friday
'I Saw People Dying in Front of Me'
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.