Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
May 30, 2022 7:22 AM CDT
Daredevil's Latest Flight Does Not End Well
Franky Zapata says he's fine after he and jetpack plunge into lake in France
- French daredevil and inventor Franky Zapata became world-famous in 2019 when he flew across the English Channel on a self-designed jetpack he calls a flyboard. His most recent flight ended with a scary, unplanned plunge into a French lake, though the BBC reports that he is "recovering well."...
A New 'Jet Pack Man'
Nov 3, 2021 1:29 PM CDT
A New 'Jet Pack Man' Theory Emerges
Cops spotted human-shaped inflatable weeks after 2nd reported sighting
- Authorities investigating sightings of apparent jet packs over Los Angeles County, Calif., say pilots may have actually witnessed a flying human-shaped inflatable. "One working theory is that pilots might have seen balloons," the FBI and FAA say in statements to KNBC after the outlet obtained police photo and...
Once Again, a Possible
3K Feet Up
Dec 25, 2020 5:53 AM CST
Once Again, a Possible Jetpack Sighting 3K Feet Up
That's the third of so-called 'Jetpack Guy' since August
- For the third time since late August, Los Angeles has had an apparent jetpack sighting. This time, the witnesses were aboard an instructional flight out of Torrance's airport Monday when they saw what appeared to be an object flying off Palos Verdes Peninsula, the
Los Angeles Times
Pilot Reports Man in Jetpack
More Than 1 Mile Above LA
Oct 15, 2020 8:28 AM CDT
Pilot Reports Man in Jetpack More Than 1 Mile Above LA
'We just saw a flying object like a flying suit that’s passing by us'
- Something strange has been happening in the skies over Los Angeles. For the second time in six weeks, commercial pilots have reported seeing a person in a jetpack high above the city. In the latest incident, air traffic controllers warned Wednesday that a pilot preparing to land had seen somebody...
Jet Pack Sighted
3K Feet Over LA
Sep 2, 2020 6:57 AM CDT
Jet Pack Sighted 3K Feet Over LA
2 pilots reported seeing man flying one
- "We just passed a guy in a jet pack." Those were the words from an American Airlines pilot approaching Los Angeles International Airport on Sunday night, and they have prompted an investigation. Another pilot also reported seeing a man in a jet pack at 3,000 feet; the...
Man Flies Off 45-Story
Jun 6, 2014 11:33 AM CDT
Man Flies Off 45-Story Hotel—With Jetpack
Daredevil Nick Macomber goes on a short jetpack jaunt
- Nick Macomber climbed 45 stories to the roof of Denver's Four Seasons Hotel at sunrise yesterday and jumped—with a jetpack. The jetpack pilot, who carried the Olympic torch in flight for London's 2012 Olympic Games, flew around for almost 30 seconds before touching back down on the...
in case you missed it
Sep 21, 2013 12:06 PM CDT
Get Ready for Jetpacks —and Soon
But you'll need to have $150K to spare next year
- At last, that staple of air travel from cheesy sci-fi movies and, of course, the
, looks to be reality soon: The
Wall Street Journal
reports that a New Zealand company plans to have its jetpacks up for sale next year, and at least 10 already have been reserved for...
The Ability to Fly:
Yours for $100K
in case you missed it
Dec 3, 2011 6:50 PM CST
The Ability to Fly: Yours for $100K
JetLev R200 can fly as high as 30 feet above water
- Traveling by boat is just so ... pedestrian. For those looking for a more luxurious—and unusual—way to travel by sea, Florida's JetLev Technologies has just the thing: a $99,500 water-powered jet pack (pay another $3,500 for a premium color). The company tells the
South Florida Sun-Sentinel
NASA Develops 1-Person
Jan 23, 2010 5:19 AM CST
NASA Develops 1-Person 'Flying Suit'
If Puffin aircraft works, welcome to the jetpack era
- It exists only on paper at the moment, but NASA's Puffin aircraft just might bring the jetpack age into reality. Engineers "have combined every one of our geeky transportation dreams into a single little vehicle," writes Jason Paur. "It takes off like a helicopter and flies like...
Popular on Newser
New Jersey Lawmaker Murdered Near Her Home
House GOP Ousts Democrat Omar From Major Committee
Zoo Director Allegedly Cooked Zoo Animals for Party
Robert Kraft Has One Last Request of Tom Brady
Video Shown at Trial Seems to Contradict Alex Murdaugh's Alibi
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.