Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Toyota 'Arrogance' Prompts Safety Flaws: Report
Panel cites 'complacency' at automaker
- Toyota has serious institutional flaws that pose a threat to the safety of its vehicles, finds an independent review out today. The problems stem from a “sense of pride at being number one” that can become “arrogance and foster complacency,” says the report, conducted by a panel...
Toyoda: 'We Pursued Growth' Over Safety
Toyota CEO is 'deeply sorry' for accidents that may have killed 39
- Toyota CEO Akio Toyoda is on Capitol Hill today to make amends for the safety issues that have plagued his company’s cars and are tied to 39 traffic fatalities. Toyoda told the House Oversight Committee that the automaker’s priorities had become confused. “We pursued growth over the...
'Humbled' Toyota Prez: We're Going Back to Basics
Akio Toyoda promises to make company a safety leader again
- Toyota's president brushes up on his apologizing skills ahead of tomorrow's House testimony and outlines the steps the company is taking to become a leader in automotive safety in today's
Wall Street Journal.
Akio Toyoda, grandson of the company's founder, admits that the company has been slow to address customers'...
Toyota Snowed Regulators to Save $100M
Congress to grill Toyoda over internal document
- For Toyota's president the timing couldn't be worse. The day before Akio Toyoda prepares to testify before congress on his safety-riddled products, an internal memo has surfaced in which the firm touts its savings by getting regulators to agree to a cheap but ineffective recall. The 2009 document claims Toyota...
Toyota Chief Will Appear Before Congress After All
Akia Toyoda accepts formal invitation from congressman
- Toyota's president has changed his mind and will appear before a House committee to answer questions about his company's recent troubles. The switch by Akio Toyoda came after he received a formal invitation from Rep. Edolphus Towns, reports Bloomberg . "I look forward to speaking directly with Congress and the...
Toyota Announces Worldwide Prius Recall
Braking issues force recall of nearly 500K hybrids
- Toyota president Akio Toyoda apologized to customers as he confirmed the widely expected worldwide recall of 437,000 Prius and other hybrid vehicles today. "We sincerely acknowledge safety concerns from our customers," he said at a press conference in Tokyo. "We have decided to recall as we...
Toyota Boss Apologizes for Recalls
Says company will announce steps soon on the Prius
- Toyota's president apologized today to customers for the massive recalls and safety concerns about his company's cars. “I deeply regret that I caused concern among so many people,” said Akio Toyoda, grandson of the company's founder. "We will do our utmost to regain the trust of our...
Popular on Newser
Suspected Culprit Emerges in Mystery 'Havana Syndrome'
Robert Redford's Son Dead at 58
Killer Peter Madsen Escapes Prison
USA Today Breaks With Tradition on 2020 Race
Rush Limbaugh Shares News on His Cancer
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.