Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
UK Police: Body Found in
Channel Is Soccer Star Sala
Feb 8, 2019 7:06 AM CST
UK Police: Body Found in Channel Is Soccer Star Sala
Pilot David Ibbotson is still missing, and the search has been called off
- On Thursday it was announced a body had been recovered from the wreckage of the plane that had been carrying Emiliano Sala. Now, Dorset Police confirm: the body is that of the 28-year-old soccer star. The BBC details the timeline of the recovery efforts after the Jan. 21 plane crash,...
'Difficult Decision' Made
in Search for Soccer Star
Jan 25, 2019 3:11 AM CST
'Difficult Decision' Made in Search for Soccer Star
'The chances of survival at this stage are extremely remote'
- Sobbing after the active search for her brother was halted, the sister of Argentine soccer player Emiliano Sala urged authorities Thursday not to give up trying to find the remains of his plane, which disappeared from radar over the English Channel on Monday evening. Authorities said the chances of survival...
Before His Plane
I'm 'So Scared'
Jan 23, 2019 5:33 AM CST
Before His Plane Vanished, Soccer Player's Message: I'm 'So Scared'
Officials are focusing search on possibility Emiliano Sala is on a life raft, but odds don't look good
- For 15 hours on Tuesday, rescuers searched for any sign of a plane that was carrying Cardiff City soccer player Emiliano Sala and one other, with no luck—and now local police are saying chances of the missing fliers' survival is "slim." That's per the BBC , which...
Authorities Say Soccer
Star Was on Missing Plane
Jan 22, 2019 6:41 AM CST
Authorities Say Soccer Star Was on Missing Plane
Emiliano Sala had just signed record-breaking deal
- Argentine soccer star Emiliano Sala signed a new $19.3 million deal with British soccer team Cardiff City on Saturday, then flew to France to say goodbye to his former teammates in Nantes. He didn't make it back to Cardiff. Authorities say the 28-year-old striker was one of two...
Witnesses: Driver Kept Plowing Into Families
Oct 20, 2012 6:02 PM CDT
Witnesses: Driver Kept Plowing Into Families
Series of hit-and-runs leaves one dead, 11 injured
- A series of hit-and-run incidents in the Welsh city of Cardiff killed a woman yesterday and injured 11 other pedestrians, including seven children. Witnesses described a motorist deliberately driving into families walking home from school. South Wales Police said a 32-year-old woman had been killed, and other victims were taken...
UK Charges 9
After Terror Raids
Dec 27, 2010 5:51 AM CST
UK Charges 9 After Terror Raids
Young men nabbed in 'significant' plot; 3 released
- Following terror raids last week across several British cities, nine men have been charged with conspiring to cause explosions and preparing for terrorism, the BBC reports. Three others were let go without charges. The men, whose ages span from 19 to 28, are from Cardiff, East London, and Stoke-on-Trent. They...
Want Ban Lifted
Apr 18, 2010 4:00 PM CDT
Grounded Airlines Want Ban Lifted
After test flights, carriers push for reevaluation; UK hold extended
- Some airlines have conducted their own test flights and want the ban on most flights over Europe ended, but UK airspace will remain closed until tomorrow evening at the earliest. Air Berlin, Air France/KLM, and Lufthansa have sent aircraft through the cloud of volcanic ash that's crippled air travel for...
Rugby Fan Flashes
Stunned BBC Viewers
Feb 15, 2010 4:42 AM CST
Rugby Fan Flashes Stunned BBC Viewers
Ungrateful nation ''gobsmacked'
- Police are investigating a Scottish rugby fan who deliberately dropped his kilt during a live BBC broadcast. Boozy Keith Davies proudly flashed a stunned nation as a group of Scotland supporters talked to BBC Wales before a major rugby series in Cardiff over the weekend. Viewers were "gobsmacked,"...
Popular on Newser
Clarence Thomas' Wife the Focus of Critical New Profile
Hate Mail Flooded In After Golfer's Greatest Moment
Centuries Ago, We Slept Much Differently
Passengers in NC Plane Landing Got a Wild Ride
Lab-Bound Monkeys That Escaped Have Been Caught
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.