Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 21 - 26 |
Navy May Mobilize
for Stranded Brits
Apr 19, 2010 3:39 AM CDT
Navy May Mobilize for Stranded Brits
UK 'exploring all options' for bringing citizens home
- With 200,000 Britons stranded abroad by volcanic ash—and an election just weeks away—Britain's government is scrambling to find ways to bring its people home if the travel chaos continues. Government ministers have unveiled an emergency plan that includes using cruise liners, cargo ships, and even the Royal...
Iceland Laughs as World
Apr 18, 2010 1:20 PM CDT
Iceland Laughs as World Says 'Eyjafjallajokull'
Glacier with the impossible name vexes reporters
- Icelanders are amused at outsiders' attempts to pronounce the name of their "Eyjafjallajokull" glacier, the one causing all the travel misery in Europe. The video in the gallery, doing well on BuzzFeed , thanks reporters for giving the nation "a good laugh." We'll take their word for it....
Wider Travel Chaos
NO END IN SIGHT
Apr 17, 2010 9:40 AM CDT
Volcano Spews Wider Travel Chaos
Worst travel disruption world has ever seen
- A lingering volcanic ash plume forced extended no-fly restrictions over much of Europe today, as Icelandic scientists warned that volcanic activity had increased and showed no sign of abating. "The activity has been quite vigorous overnight, causing the eruption column to grow," says an Icelandic geologist. "It's...
Apr 16, 2010 2:15 PM CDT
Travel Chaos Continues as Ash Cloud Spreads East
Flights grounded at least 2 more days after Icelandic volcano eruption
- The cloud of volcanic ash emanating from Iceland has reached northern Scotland, and the aviation disruption caused by the floating debris will continue for at least 2 more days, the
of London reports. Thousands of flights have been grounded, crippling airline schedules around the world, and now health concerns...
Apr 16, 2010 4:05 AM CDT
Stranded Norway PM Runs Nation On iPad
Jens Stoltenberg stuck in NY by volcanic ash
- Even Steve Jobs never claimed that the iPad could be used to run a nation but Norway's stranded prime minister is doing exactly that. Jens Stoltenberg, who is stuck in New York as volcanic ash causes the continued closure of European airspace, is using his new Apple gadget to run...
in Iceland Glacier
Mar 21, 2010 12:07 PM CDT
Volcano Erupts in Iceland Glacier
Scientists fear small eruption could trigger larger one
- A volcano erupted near a glacier in southern Iceland, shooting ash and molten lava into the air and forcing the evacuation today of hundreds of people from nearby villages. There were no immediate reports of injuries or damage from the Eyjafjallajokull volcano, but scientists feared the eruption could trigger a...
Stories 21 - 26 |
Popular on Newser
Kidnapped California Family Found Dead
Family 'Destroyed' After Tragedy During College Parents Weekend
It's Canned Water. And It's Nearly a Unicorn
Angry He Couldn't Meet Pope, US Tourist Smashes Ancient Statues
You No Longer Have to Guess at Velma's Sexual Orientation
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.