Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Jobs Number Comes In Much Worse Than Expected
Pope's Brazil Mass: Sorry, No Masks
Authorities fear protest reprise
- A month after Brazil saw widespread unrest , Pope Francis is headed to Rio de Janeiro for World Youth Day (which is actually a week long). With more than a million attendees expected, authorities aren't taking any chances. Demonstrators wore Guy Fawkes masks during June's protests; at a Mass...
Bahrain Bans Import of ... Guy Fawkes Masks
That should put an end to protests
- Bahrain thinks it has found one way to stem the nation's 2-year-old protest movement: Ban the import of those ubiquitous Guy Fawkes masks. The nation's commerce chief announced this week that anyone caught bringing them into the country faces arrest, reports the
. Of course, protesters
Anonymous Says Hackathon Hit PayPal, Lady Gaga
Symantec, NBC also allegedly hit in Guy Fawkes Day hack-a-thon
- Anonymous is holding an all-day hackathon today, as part of a global protest commemorating Guy Fawkes Day, and it's already claimed—or says it's claimed—a number of scalps. The group says it's stolen roughly 28,000 PayPal passwords, Gizmodo reports, though PayPal is telling customers it...
Lance Armstrong Will Be Burned in Effigy
He gets annual honor from English town
- Poor Lance Armstrong. He lost his Tour de France titles , and now an English town is going to burn him in effigy in a big way. Edenbridge has chosen Armstrong as the celeb to go up in flames in its annual Bonfire Night celebrations on Nov. 5, reports NBC's...
GOP Video Salutes Radical Guy Fawkes—Or Not
Left and right disagree on message of Republican governors
- This much is clear: The Republican Governors Association has put out a new anti-Obama video that can be seen at RememberNovember.com . Young RGA staffers put it together, reports the Daily Caller , which calls the video's production "top notch." Most agree it's pretty slick, but then things get...
Popular on Newser
6th Grader in Zoom Class Takes His Own Life
Bill Barr May Be Out Sooner Than the Inauguration
Pfizer Cuts Expectations in Half
Man's Purchase of PS5 Gets 'Really Sad, Really Fast'
Trump Posts 'Most Important Speech I've Ever Made'
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.