Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
near death experience
Your Life May Indeed Flash Before Your Eyes at Death
But not chronologically, more of a jumble, say researchers
- The idea that our lives flash before our eyes in the moments before we die may sound close to mystical, but neurologists at Hadassah University in Jerusalem say the phenomenon—or at least some version of it—appears to be quite common. They found, however, that "life review experiences,...
Mom Feared She'd Die in Labor—and Did, but Survived
Stephanie Arnold wants others to listen to their intuition
- When Stephanie Arnold suffered an amniotic fluid embolism (which happens in only one in every 40,000 pregnancies) mere seconds after the birth of her second child in May 2013, she died. Amniotic cells had entered her bloodstream and caused her to go into anaphylactic shock, she reports on Yahoo...
'Dead' Man Brought Back to Life—After 45 Minutes
Anthony Yahle appears in fine health weeks later
- It's apparently the week of astounding brought-back-to-life stories. The latest person to return from the dead is Anthony Yahle, whose case is being hailed a miracle by doctors. The Ohio man was rushed to the hospital on Aug. 5 after his wife realized he was breathing oddly in his...
Clue to Near-Death Experiences Uncovered
Scientists find rats' brains go into overdrive after cardiac arrest
- A fascinating (and somewhat macabre) new study may explain the so-called "near-death experiences" described by many people. Scientists studied the brains of nine rats as they were being euthanized and found that just after the rats' hearts stopped, their brains became more active than normal, NPR reports. This sort...
Hospitals Try to Prove Out-of-Body Experiences
Researchers hang images in emergency room to test near-dead
- Researchers in the US and UK have devised a devilishly simple plan for putting claims of out-of-body experiences to the test. Since patients who knock on death’s door often report watching themselves being resuscitated from above, researchers have taken the step of hanging images face-up from the ceilings in...
Popular on Newser
Ken Jennings Blasted for Tweet He Chose Not to Delete
Zooming From the Bathroom, in Hindsight, Was a Mistake
DOJ to Allow for Federal Execution by Firing Squad
Macy's Takes Heat Over 'Diverse Dance Group'
Spy Agency: Kim Is Taking 'Irrational' COVID Measures
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.