Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Schiff Tells GOP 'No' on Whisteblower Testimony
Evidence makes that 'redundant,' Democratic chairman says
- House Republicans submitted the names of people on Saturday they want to call as witnesses in the impeachment inquiry. The whistleblower was on the list. Democrat Adam Schiff, chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, has answered that there's no point, because evidence and testimony have more than confirmed the...
A Jonestown Witness's Plea: Don't Call It 'Mass Suicide'
It was 'mass murder,' says Rep. Jackie Speier, who'd gone to Guyana on fact-finding mission
- This month marks 40 years since the event known as the Jonestown massacre took place in Guyana. More than 900 Americans died after the man who had led them there from California, the Rev. Jim Jones, instructed them to drink cyanide. Do not, however, refer to Jonestown as a "...
#MeToo Dress Code Is Moving to Capitol Hill
Rep. Jackie Speier, other Dems encouraging black attire for President Trump's State of the Union
- The red carpet turned dark at the Golden Globes on Sunday, where the majority of celebrities dressed in all black to recognize the sexual misconduct issue in Hollywood marked by the "#MeToo" and "Time's Up" movements. Now it's Congress' turn, with an invite from the House...
New Allegations of Sex Misconduct, This Time in Congress
Current and former female lawmakers, including Mary Bono, reveal past instances of harassment
- For years, GOP Rep. Mary Bono endured increasingly suggestive comments from a fellow House lawmaker. But when the congressman approached her on the House floor and told her he'd been thinking about her in the shower, she confronted the man, who she said still serves in Congress, telling him...
There's More to Uncover in Gen. Allen Emails: Lawmaker
Speier calls on Pentagon to reopen investigation of emails between Allen and Jill Kelley
- A member of the House Armed Services Committee is calling on Chuck Hagel to reopen the investigation into Gen. John Allen and his emails with socialite Jill Kelley , claiming the Pentagon never actually subpoenaed many of the private emails between the pair. California Democratic Rep. Jackie Speier says the investigation...
Congresswoman on Abortion: 'I Lost a Baby'
Jackie Speier delivers impassioned speech
- Congresswoman Jackie Speier gave a shockingly personal floor speech in defense of Planned Parenthood yesterday, telling her fellow legislators about her own abortion. “I had a procedure at 17 weeks pregnant with a child who moved from the vagina into the cervix,” said the California Democrat. “I...
Popular on Newser
Secret NYC Wedding Was Attended by Thousands
Congratulations, Trump Says, but Not to Biden
Mysterious Monolith Discovered in Utah
Pennsylvania, Nevada Certify Vote Results
Cop On the Job 4 Days Charged With Homicide
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.