Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Mustafa Abdul Jalil
Raid NTC Offices
Jan 23, 2012 8:09 AM CST
Libyan Protesters Raid NTC Offices
Deputy council chief resigns amidst fresh unrest
- Don't look now, but protests are still raging in Libya—only now, they're against the new interim government. Protesters ransacked the government's offices in Benghazi yesterday, capping off months of demonstrations across the country, and prompting the resignation of the government's second-highest official, the
We'll Be Ruled
Oct 24, 2011 7:42 AM CDT
Libyan Leader: We'll Be Ruled by Sharia
Laws contrary to Islam will be nullified: Mustafa Abdul Jalil
- The leader of Libya's transitional government has announced that the nation will be ruled by Islamic Sharia law. Sharia will be the "basic source for all law" in Libya, Mustafa Abdul Jalil told thousands of supporters at a "liberation" ceremony in Benghazi yesterday. Current laws that contradict...
Gadhafi Son Sought
as Fighting Rocks Sirte
Oct 13, 2011 4:27 AM CDT
Gadhafi Son Sought as Fighting Rocks Sirte
NTC fighters on verge of taking Gadhafi's hometown
- Forces fighting for Libya's new regime say they are on the verge of taking Sirte, Moammar Gadhafi's hometown and one of just two Libyan cities still held by pro-Gadhafi fighters. But a spokesman for the National Transitional Council says that contrary to earlier reports, there has been no...
Libya Could Fall to
Sep 13, 2011 5:02 AM CDT
Libya Could Fall to Extremists: NATO
Tensions growing between rebel camps
- The fall of Moammar Gadhafi's regime has created a power vacuum in Libya that could be exploited by Islamic extremists, warns NATO's secretary-general. As splits emerge in the rebel leadership and the remnants of Gadhafi's forces launch fresh attacks, the former rebels need to form a stable...
Aug 30, 2011 4:05 PM CDT
Rebels to Loyalists: Surrender by Saturday
UN to unfreeze $1.5B in UK-based Libyan assets
- Libya’s interim government has offered an ultimatum to Moammar Gadhafi loyalists: Surrender by Saturday, or we’ll take military action. Barring a “peaceful indication” from loyalists by the weekend, “we will decide this militarily,” said Mustafa Abdul Jalil, head of the Transitional National Council. “We...
Aug 24, 2011 12:28 PM CDT
Bounty on Gadhafi's Head: $1.7M
Libyan rebels want to end this thing...
- It sounds like quite the deal: Kill or capture Moammar Gadhafi, and you'll be pardoned for any crimes you may have committed ... and walk away with $1.7 million. That's the offer from Libya's National Transitional Council, which hopes the fairly sweet package will compel someone close...
Rebel Military Chief
in Libya Assassinated
Jul 28, 2011 5:36 PM CDT
Rebel Military Chief in Libya Assassinated
Abdel Fattah Younes is dead, but it's not clear who killed him
- The Libyan rebels’ military chief along with two of his top aides were shot and killed today, reports the BB . Rebels blamed Gadhafi loyalists and said they had made an arrest, but the circumstances surrounding the assassination of Abdel Fattah Younes remain murky. Younes had served as Gadhafi’s interior...
Gadhafi Puts Big Bounty
on Opposition Leader
Mar 9, 2011 4:31 PM CST
Gadhafi Puts Big Bounty on Opposition Leader
He offers $419K for capture of Mustafa Abdul Jalil
- Moammar Gadhafi put a price on the head of a Libyan opposition leader today, offering the equivalent of $419,000 for the capture of Mustafa Abdul Jalil, CNN reports. Libyan state television branded the head of the interim government in eastern Libya an "agent spy" and offered an additional...
Popular on Newser
Amended Autopsy Report: McClain Died Due to Ketamine
Elton John's WH Concert Ends With a Big Surprise
He Wanted to Be Taller. Agony, $75K Got Him There
Detroit Radio Anchor Killed, His Family Injured, in Attack
9 Months Later, Case of Lina Sardar Khil Still Baffles
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.