Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Rocking a Virtual
Race. In Came Her
in case you missed it
Apr 11, 2020 7:00 AM CDT
Triathlete Was Rocking a Virtual Race. In Came Her 'Idiot' Husband
Tim O'Donnell trips over power cord, unplugs Mirinda Carfrae's bike during Ironman competition
- The very first Ironman VR Pro Challenge took place over the weekend—a weekly competition being held during the coronavirus pandemic, per the
South China Morning Post
—and former Ironman champ Mirinda Carfrae of Australia was kicking butt from her living room in Boulder, Colo. The
Dec 14, 2019 9:30 AM CST
She Was Celebrating a Birthday With Family. Then, an Eruption
Australian student Krystal Eve Browitt, 21, is first victim IDed after volcano blast in New Zealand
- The first official victim ID from police has been announced after Monday's volcano eruption on New Zealand's White Island. Per the BBC , Krystal Eve Browitt, 21, was an Australian from Melbourne. Sky News Australia reports Browitt was on the island with her family on one leg of a...
$50M Suit Filed
by Family of
by Minn. Cop
Jul 24, 2018 3:33 AM CDT
$50M Suit Filed by Family of Woman Killed by Minn. Cop
Justine Ruszczyk Damond's father says problems within Minneapolis PD are 'systemic'
- The family of an Australian-US citizen who was killed by a Minneapolis cop last year after she called 911 to report a possible assault filed a lawsuit Monday alleging the officer conspired with his partner to hide what really happened. The complaint filed in US District Court alleges Justine Ruszczyk...
Jan 12, 2017 6:33 AM CST
Kidnapped Teachers Have a Message for Trump
American, Australian seen in Taliban video
- The Taliban released a video Wednesday showing an American and an Australian who were kidnapped in August, the first time they've been seen since their abduction. The two men, an American identified as Kevin King and an Australian identified as Timothy Weekes, were abducted outside the American University of...
Mom: I Want
May 29, 2016 4:15 PM CDT
Vegan Climber's Mom: I Want Her Death Explained
Maria Strydom died climbing Mount Everest
- The mother of a vegan who died trying to climb Mount Everest is demanding answers—about whether the climb was conducted safely and why, for days, no one informed her that her daughter was dead. Speaking from Australia, Maritha Strydom tells CNN she was following satellite "pings" of daughter...
Abu Dhabi Jails Woman for
Facebook Picture of Car
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Jul 19, 2015 7:00 PM CDT
Abu Dhabi Jails Woman for Facebook Picture of Car
Jodi Magi has 'zero idea' why she's in trouble for post about parking
- They could have just washed her mouth out with soap, but instead Abu Dhabi officials threw Australian Jodi Magi in jail for posting a picture of a parked car online, Australia's ABC News reports. It started in February when Magi, annoyed at a driver who took up two handicap-parking...
Golfer: I Was
Jan 18, 2015 1:45 PM CST
Golfer: I Was Kidnapped, Beaten, and Robbed
Robert Allenby says bad guys may have drugged him first
- An Australian pro golfer was allegedly kidnapped from a wine bar Friday night, beat up, robbed, and dumped six miles away in a park—for reasons that are none too clear, the Golf Channel reports. According to golfer Robert Allenby and his caddie, Mick Middlemo, the two were hanging out...
Jun 13, 2013 6:29 AM CDT
Jellyfish End Cuba-to-Florida Swim Dream
Chloe McCardel ends marathon swim after 11 hours
- An Australian woman had to cut short her Cuba-to-Florida swim attempt yesterday after jellyfish put an end to her effort, reports Australia's ABC . Chloe McCardel, who would have been the first person to swim the 103-mile distance without a shark cage, called it quits after 11 hours and multiple...
Bungee Cord Breaks Over
Jan 8, 2012 2:59 PM CST
Bungee Cord Breaks Over Croc-Infested River
Australian tourist falls into African river on New Year's Eve
- An Australian tourist plummeted 360 feet into crocodile-infested waters in Africa on New Year's Eve when her bungee cord broke, Channel 9 News reports. Plunging into the Zambesi River, which borders Zambia and Zimbabwe, Erin Langworthy, 22, blacked out for a moment before battling roaring water and a maddening...
Jun 6, 2011 4:02 AM CDT
Artist, 4, Opens NYC Exhibit
Aussie Aelita Andre wows gallery director
- A 4-year-old girl has just launched her own art exhibit at a Manhattan gallery. Aelita Andre , the daughter of two artists, is "special in that she really knows what she's doing. She understands color, composition, texture," says gallery director Angela Di Bello, who notes she's spotted...
Popular on Newser
NYT : Trump Lawyer's June Declaration a Factor in Search
Rep Confirms Heche's Death as Exes Grieve
Frantic Parents Tased, Arrested Amid Arizona School Lockdown
Singer Arrested on Domestic Assault Charge
After Guilty Verdict, Defendant Downs Drink in Court and Dies
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.