Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Radical US Muslims 'a Minuscule Threat'
Arrests down for homegrown plots, attacks
- After the attempted Times Square bombing in 2010, many feared that radical Muslim Americans posed a growing threat to the US—but that fear is unfounded, a new report from a research group declares. The number of US Muslims charged in violent attacks or plots peaked in 2009 at 47,...
Accused Pentagon Shooter Tries to Dig Out of Cell
Yonathan Melaku charged with trying to escape
- 10:1 odds he's a big fan of
: The Marine Reservist accused of shooting at the Pentagon and other military sites last year tried to dig his way out of jail, reports the
. He didn't come close. Officials at the Loudoun County Adult Detention...
Reservist Charged in DC-Area Shootings
Yonathan Melaku videotaped himself firing shots, making threats
- A Marine Corps reservist arrested in a security scare near the Pentagon last week was charged today in a series of pre-dawn shootings at military buildings in the Washington area last year. Federal prosecutors found bomb-making materials in a backpack carried by 22-year-old Yonathan Melaku and a list of suspicious...
Man Arrested at Arlington Tied to Pentagon Shootings
Marine reservist nabbed last week may have shot up Museum of the Marine Corps
- And the plot thickens: Ballistic evidence indicates that the man arrested at Arlington National Cemetery last week may also be the man who fired shots at the Pentagon , the National Museum of the Marine Corps and a Marine recruiting office in October, authorities said today. The suspect, Yonathan Melaku, is...
Popular on Newser
Before SCOTUS Vote, Democrats Have Request for Pence
Felicity Huffman Has Paid Full Debt to Society
Man Uses Most Unusual Way to Take Down Biden Signs: Cops
10 Best Horror Movies in History
Putin Speaks Out on Trump's Criticism of Biden Family
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.