Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Tourists, Would-Be Rescuer
Killed in Rhine Boat Sinking
May 30, 2019 3:04 PM CDT
Tourists, Would-Be Rescuer Killed in Rhine Boat Sinking
One child among the dead, another is missing
- Three people were killed and a child is missing after a motorized rubber boat capsized Thursday in the Rhine River between Germany and France, the AP reports. Deutsche Welle describes the victims as members of a group of German and Romanian tourists. The boat, which left the German bank of...
Hang On: Dramatic Rescue
Saves Cable Car Passengers
Jul 31, 2017 12:33 PM CDT
Hang On: Dramatic Rescue Saves Cable Car Passengers
Dozens safely rescued in Germany; only 2 slight injuries
- About a week ago, firefighters in Germany drilled for an unlikely event: the rescue of cable car passengers. Over the weekend, that training paid off, reports the
. Firefighters had to rescue about 75 people in Cologne on Sunday after one of the cars crashed into a support pillar. The...
Dec 4, 2011 2:34 PM CST
Germany Defuses WWII-Era Bomb
Thousands evacuated from city of Koblenz
- Germany today successfully defused a massive unexploded World War II-era bomb it found in a depleted riverbed in Koblenz, reports the AP , after having evacuated some 45,000 residents. The 1.8-ton bomb could have wreaked serious damage if it exploded. Experts also defused a 275-pound American bomb found alongside...
WWII Bomb Forces
45K to Evacuate Town
Dec 1, 2011 2:32 AM CST
WWII Bomb Forces 45K to Evacuate Town
Experts prepare to defuse aerial explosive spotted in Rhine
- Half of the German city of Koblenz is being evacuated so experts can defuse a 1.8 ton World War II bomb. The aerial explosive, believed dropped by the RAF, was spotted in the Rhine River as dry conditions lowered water levels. Some 45,000 residents are leaving the area...
Popular on Newser
Detroit Radio Anchor Killed, His Family Injured, in Attack
Radio Station's Move Is Bad News for Favre
The World Has a New Island
Earth Isn't Ready for What We've Collected on Mars
Liz Cheney: If GOP Picks Trump, I'll Leave Party
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.